Innova Tern

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Innova Tern

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:09 am

BentElbow11 wrote:Oh, I meant distance being the same between the Terns. You're getting straight w/fade from the champ Tern, an S curve with the Gstar Tern, and a lot of turn out of the Star, but are they all close in distance? That would indicate you're getting the same range out of all 3, but they're all flying differently because of the different stabilities.

How about just throwing the PD for fade and hyzer drives and get something more OS as a dedicated headwind driver. The C-line PD I can imagine is pretty darn OS, it may do the trick as a headwind driver. The S-PD is something I(personally) would use for fade and hyzer drives and leave the straight/turnover duty to the Beast(s).

To be honest I think I could use my C-PD in the spot of my Predator. It's pretty old,but it is still dang overstable. That could be my main Headwind Driver. The S-Line needs to be beat in more. It's still kinda new,just had for maybe a year.

Yeah all the Terns are all about the same in distance,except for the Star Tern. If I hyzerflip it just right it Bombs. If I miss it it's turning over and not going straight.
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby BentElbow11 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:38 am

UncleBrother2001 wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:Oh, I meant distance being the same between the Terns. You're getting straight w/fade from the champ Tern, an S curve with the Gstar Tern, and a lot of turn out of the Star, but are they all close in distance? That would indicate you're getting the same range out of all 3, but they're all flying differently because of the different stabilities.

How about just throwing the PD for fade and hyzer drives and get something more OS as a dedicated headwind driver. The C-line PD I can imagine is pretty darn OS, it may do the trick as a headwind driver. The S-PD is something I(personally) would use for fade and hyzer drives and leave the straight/turnover duty to the Beast(s).

To be honest I think I could use my C-PD in the spot of my Predator. It's pretty old,but it is still dang overstable. That could be my main Headwind Driver. The S-Line needs to be beat in more. It's still kinda new,just had for maybe a year.

Yeah all the Terns are all about the same in distance,except for the Star Tern. If I hyzerflip it just right it Bombs. If I miss it it's turning over and not going straight.

The decision would be easy for me regarding the Tern. Do you want a curvy flight out to 400 with the Tern, or a straighter flight out to 400 with the Beast? Hyzer-flipping Beasts would be my preferred method for long straight to slight turnover drives. And champ Beast is the straightest Beast, IMO.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:04 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:
UncleBrother2001 wrote:

The decision would be easy for me regarding the Tern. Do you want a curvy flight out to 400 with the Tern, or a straighter flight out to 400 with the Beast? Hyzer-flipping Beasts would be my preferred method for long straight to slight turnover drives. And champ Beast is the straightest Beast, IMO.

Well right now I would rather use my Beasts. They seem to keep getting longer for me and more controllable and comfortable. 8)

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:14 pm

UncleBrother2001 wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:
UncleBrother2001 wrote:

Well right now I would rather use my Beasts. They seem to keep getting longer for me and more controllable and comfortable. 8)

I kinda figured that would be the case. Go with what works.

Are we the only 2 people left posting on the 'Equipment' forum? Geez! Over on DGCR there's another poseur posting every 2 seconds.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:40 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:
UncleBrother2001 wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:
UncleBrother2001 wrote:

I kinda figured that would be the case. Go with what works.

Are we the only 2 people left posting on the 'Equipment' forum? Geez! Over on DGCR there's another poseur posting every 2 seconds.

I think so :lol: ,but that place sucks over there. I'd rather be over here anyhow.

It would be nice to see more people use this site. This site is so much better in so many ways it's not even funny.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Pro Beast is a hair longer than Champ and at least gets to be as straight as a Champ fairly soon or starts out as straight. Or the ones i use from a few years back were. These do not have the more os Pro behavior like other drivers often do.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:00 pm

Hey JR, what's this about "more os Pro behavior"? The only Beast a Pro should be more OS than would be the DX. Not the Star and especially not the Champ. And when I refer to the straightest Beast version(Champ), I'm talking about the least amount of turn, because no Beast has much fade.

Sometimes I wonder if there's a translator malfunction...
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sun May 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Most Pro drivers are made more OS than Champs because Pros do wear quicker a prime example being the Boss. Beasts are not that far apart when new Pro vs Champ and the difference as i recall it from the last Pro Beasts i bought to Champs a few years back was negligible. Because Pro does wear qucikly in the first stage in Pro and almost stops wearing they fly just as LSS as the Champs after that initial period of breaking in. But Pro does glide better and is longer. Note that i have similar weight Champ Beasts of that same age that vary in HSS and LSS from each other in 166 +-2 grams. All molds have variations in the end product. Even the Beast that has been fairly consistent within the major versions the three kinds they have been made in. Original, new mold and the current ones that are straighter than new molds.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:55 pm

JR wrote:Most Pro drivers are made more OS than Champs because Pros do wear quicker a prime example being the Boss. Beasts are not that far apart when new Pro vs Champ and the difference as i recall it from the last Pro Beasts i bought to Champs a few years back was negligible. Because Pro does wear qucikly in the first stage in Pro and almost stops wearing they fly just as LSS as the Champs after that initial period of breaking in. But Pro does glide better and is longer. Note that i have similar weight Champ Beasts of that same age that vary in HSS and LSS from each other in 166 +-2 grams. All molds have variations in the end product. Even the Beast that has been fairly consistent within the major versions the three kinds they have been made in. Original, new mold and the current ones that are straighter than new molds.

And how exactly are Pro's "made" more OS than Champs?

Pro shouldn't be more OS than Champ out of the box or otherwise, for any Innova disc.

I don't like drivers in my bag, that I rely on, to be constantly losing stability...do you? Cycling? When a pro Beast turns into a Valkyrie and then a Roadrunner, what do you do? Not to mention the thing gets so chewed up over time it amounts to throwing a junky piece of plastic. How about just going with a Champ Beast and Champ Roadrunner instead? They'll last forever and will keep their initial stability a long long time.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby logjammin » Sun May 04, 2014 10:53 pm

BentElbow11 wrote: How about just going with a Champ Beast and Champ Roadrunner instead? They'll last forever and will keep their initial stability a long long time.

Actually, I've found that roadrunners lose stability very quickly. Hit a couple of trees with a roadrunner in any type of plastic, and it will start turning over unpredictably.
logjammin
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cheetah

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun May 04, 2014 11:21 pm

logjammin wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote: How about just going with a Champ Beast and Champ Roadrunner instead? They'll last forever and will keep their initial stability a long long time.

Actually, I've found that roadrunners lose stability very quickly. Hit a couple of trees with a roadrunner in any type of plastic, and it will start turning over unpredictably.

Boy, I don't know. I hit plenty of trees with my champ RR over the 3 years I had it in my bag and the plastic still looked fine and it flew the same. RR"s will turn over too much just by getting the release angle wrong, its understability can be tricky, period
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Mon May 05, 2014 10:30 am

I don't know how Innova makes the Pros more OS in the Boss for example but they tend to have a higher dome. The Beast does not chew up or break in a lot at least after the initial period. I had one as a amian driver that looked almost new for three years even with some drives landing on a rocky hill. The Beast does not need cycling rather a replacement because they stay good for so long. They have a really good blend. The same is true for SOLF. Driver Pro is the mest "medium grade" plastic for durability out there. Because the durability is that of a primo plastic. Which is hellacool considering the good grip for even bad weather. My Pro Beast 3 year old main driver sliced from hitting something sharp glass i think and it still flies good. No valk there or RR. I consider 3 years to be great lifespan for a main driver don't you? Cycling schmykling :-)
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby BentElbow11 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:30 am

JR wrote:I don't know how Innova makes the Pros more OS in the Boss for example but they tend to have a higher dome. The Beast does not chew up or break in a lot at least after the initial period. I had one as a amian driver that looked almost new for three years even with some drives landing on a rocky hill. The Beast does not need cycling rather a replacement because they stay good for so long. They have a really good blend. The same is true for SOLF. Driver Pro is the mest "medium grade" plastic for durability out there. Because the durability is that of a primo plastic. Which is hellacool considering the good grip for even bad weather. My Pro Beast 3 year old main driver sliced from hitting something sharp glass i think and it still flies good. No valk there or RR. I consider 3 years to be great lifespan for a main driver don't you? Cycling schmykling :-)

More dome doesn't equate to "making" the disc more OS, it's a heating-cooling thing, and in some cases a poor plastic blend, varying from run to run. I've seen Beasts in every plastic vary from domey to almost flat. What's your point again? Innova states that Pro is less stable than Champ and Star in their plastic descriptions. You might be the only one who disagrees with that.

Well, you must have gotten a very unique pro Beast to hold up that well.

You're gonna have to cycle Pro and DX, or discard it altogether when it gets beat too much. 3 years for Pro? More like 3 months. DX...3 hits.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Mon May 05, 2014 12:43 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:Here's some quick advice for ya: clean up your form and stop releasing all your drives with 45 degrees anhyzer and drivers like the Renegade and Sorcerer will fly correctly. Your hatred of those 2 discs, and the Renegade especially, is pathological.

As for the review above, he's admitting that he has "form and skill" issues. And the Tern is not like a champ Destroyer...no uh uh, sorry. Anyone who says it is doesn't have the arm to get it anywhere near up to speed. It's pretty obvious by now that includes you.

Note: I see a lot of players, and not just newbs, who massively torque every drive over into big flex shots in order to get their "distance". It's the only way they can, and it's not pretty. After I cringe, I may ask them what they threw, and it's invariably something max speed and overstable. You know, a Boss or Nuke on a 300 ft hole. Naturally, if they ever throw a stable-understable driver with their terrible form, it turns and burns for them, and they consider it a bad driver. No, not bad driver, bad form...maybe learn how to throw correctly instead?

I do not release anny. I love renegades and my Sorcerer. You have to be one of the dumbest people not in a home. You ignore what I say about other discs. Honestly, your the worst poster I've ever encountered in any area, and that's saying a lot.

I would say you could come back from this display of idiocy, but it's too late now. You're just a dumb stalking troll who can't read or comprehend. Sad really.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby BentElbow11 » Mon May 05, 2014 2:20 pm

PMantle wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:Here's some quick advice for ya: clean up your form and stop releasing all your drives with 45 degrees anhyzer and drivers like the Renegade and Sorcerer will fly correctly. Your hatred of those 2 discs, and the Renegade especially, is pathological.

As for the review above, he's admitting that he has "form and skill" issues. And the Tern is not like a champ Destroyer...no uh uh, sorry. Anyone who says it is doesn't have the arm to get it anywhere near up to speed. It's pretty obvious by now that includes you.

Note: I see a lot of players, and not just newbs, who massively torque every drive over into big flex shots in order to get their "distance". It's the only way they can, and it's not pretty. After I cringe, I may ask them what they threw, and it's invariably something max speed and overstable. You know, a Boss or Nuke on a 300 ft hole. Naturally, if they ever throw a stable-understable driver with their terrible form, it turns and burns for them, and they consider it a bad driver. No, not bad driver, bad form...maybe learn how to throw correctly instead?

I do not release anny. I love renegades and my Sorcerer. You have to be one of the dumbest people not in a home. You ignore what I say about other discs. Honestly, your the worst poster I've ever encountered in any area, and that's saying a lot.

I would say you could come back from this display of idiocy, but it's too late now. You're just a dumb stalking troll who can't read or comprehend. Sad really.

"I do not release anny."

Your video says otherwise.

"I love renegades and my Sorcerer."

Yeh, we can tell...chuckle, chuckle.
Last edited by BentElbow11 on Mon May 05, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment