PRODIGY (M-1, PA-1, and others)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: PRODIGY (M-1, PA-1, and others)

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:46 pm

Mother of God I am loving me some Prodigy plastic this year. All the putters were fantastic, with the PA2 taking the cake for me. I would ALMOST dare say its better than the Opto Pure...

I also really appreciate the fact that they actually released slower fairway drivers that have some actual stability to them. F1, F2, F3, F7 are all performers. I really have nothing bad to say about the drivers either. My first run D1 is one of the longest drivers I've ever thrown.

Not sure I'd say I'm on the bandwagon yet, but I've got one foot on it.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby marchibald » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 pm

Yup, I'm loving the Prodigy discs too, except that my D2 and D3 (both 400s) have some warping in their flight plates already (probably from hitting trees). I thought they'd be more durable. Maybe the 400g plastic holds up better.
marchibald
Noob

Favorite Disc: Prodigy PA1 and D2

Postby JR » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:44 pm

My D1 is an overstable pig and out of fast meathooks it is the grippiest. IIRC it shares top D with my early meaty Q Quasar and Force=not that long.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby ForeverBlue232 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:12 am

I just got my first Prodigy disc (an F1) yesterday. It seems to have a pretty extreme flash on it. Though it also kind of looks like it was meant to be a micro bead. Any input on this? With the shape of where the outer wing meet the inner rim, it almost looks like it wouldn't be right if I just removed the flash like I do for other discs. But I think as it is, it will tear up my hand. Is this an issue on the molding of all Prodigy discs?
JimW wrote:If the answer isn't PD you asked the wrong question.

**Flow**Northman**Amp**PD**Stag**Drone**Wasp**Mace**Suspect**Tangent**Anode**
ForeverBlue232
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:07 pm

I have not seen any Fs but it is not a problem with Ps, Ms and Ds.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Jeronimo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Shave that shit off
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby discspeed » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:17 pm

ForeverBlue232 wrote:I just got my first Prodigy disc (an F1) yesterday. It seems to have a pretty extreme flash on it. Though it also kind of looks like it was meant to be a micro bead. Any input on this? With the shape of where the outer wing meet the inner rim, it almost looks like it wouldn't be right if I just removed the flash like I do for other discs. But I think as it is, it will tear up my hand. Is this an issue on the molding of all Prodigy discs?

I've got all 4 F series discs that I'm supposed to test, but I haven't had time to shave the flash off yet. The f3 and f7 are fine, but the f1 and f2 I have like 2mm of flash around the entire bottom that is super sharp.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby inthedrift » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:56 am

discspeed wrote:
ForeverBlue232 wrote:I just got my first Prodigy disc (an F1) yesterday. It seems to have a pretty extreme flash on it. Though it also kind of looks like it was meant to be a micro bead. Any input on this? With the shape of where the outer wing meet the inner rim, it almost looks like it wouldn't be right if I just removed the flash like I do for other discs. But I think as it is, it will tear up my hand. Is this an issue on the molding of all Prodigy discs?

I've got all 4 F series discs that I'm supposed to test, but I haven't had time to shave the flash off yet. The f3 and f7 are fine, but the f1 and f2 I have like 2mm of flash around the entire bottom that is super sharp.

My D3 had quite a bit of sharp flash, I gave it the tee pad rubdown
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby BLURR » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:38 pm

I had a chance to test fly the D2 and the M4 this past weekend. I really liked the M4. It feels and looks like a Buzzz SS, but for some odd reason it was out flying my Buzzz SS by about 30 feet on the same exact line. The D2 was a hyzer bomb machine. Easily out pacing my Star Destroyers and Champ Tern by a wide margin. Not 100% sure on their plastic mix, but damn is it grippy.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby 7ontheline » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 pm

After more practice I'm getting comfortable powering the PA1 at touch midrange distances 225-250' with little fear of it flipping, blowing by, or short arming. I feel pretty confident I can get up and down with my judge out to 175' so I bought the PA2 to fill the 175-225' distance gap since the PA1 fades like a mini roc under 200'. Anyway, after a little practice I'm finding that I'm pushing the PA2 further than I thought would be comfortable due to fear of flipping. I just ordered another PA2 and think the PA1 may only make the bag on windy days.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby 7ontheline » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:16 pm

A month later and PA2s are my driving putter for headwinds and drives needing some fade out to 270' and Fusion Judge for tailwind and stable straight drives that go 5-10% further. I practice with the PA1 but unless there is a nasty headwind or some OB to worry about the PA2 is plenty predictable. The PA1 and PA2 fly the same line for the first 60% of the drive when the fade kicks in as it begins to slow with the PA1 beginning its fade about 20% earlier than the PA2 on a low line full power rip. I played a couple three disc rounds when in Little Rock a few weeks back and the PA2 worked fine as a slightly shorter overstable mid. I got a used 171 300 PA2 that glides forever and is stable straight without any fade over 225'. The 300 PA2 looks to be in great shape compared to my nicked up firm classic judges but is understable compared to my most seasoned classic firm driving putter Judge; and is for sale :lol:

I picked up a D3 and it flies like my flippy D1 that I use for FH distance so its nice to have a backup. I'm still bagging a good D1 too for overstable duty but trespasses are getting most of my backhand max D work nowadays.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Previous

Return to Equipment