New Run Z-Xtreme

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

New Run Z-Xtreme

Postby discspeed » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:31 pm

I just received a new run LE Z-Xtreme. I was always a fan of the run from like 2002 and threw them for years. I don't think I've thrown a better overstable mid/fairway utility disc so I was excited to test it out. Mine weighs 174 and feels like old Z plastic...Makes me wonder if this is the same stuff the new 10yr Buzzzes are made of. The disc looks and feels great. It is a bit more flexible than I remember the old run being, but it is still fairly stiff by today's standards.

In true Z-Xtreme fashion I had to OAT it a bit to keep it from swinging back around and hitting me in the face. It's hard to talk about glide with this mold, but I think this new run has a touch more of it than the older ones. It has a great lawn dart type flight path and gets down and sticks well. It doesn't want to fly laterally much, just turned over/straight then coming down.

discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: New Run Z-Xtreme

Postby dgdave » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Is it domey? I was going to get a few, but all the ones I felt had large domes.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: New Run Z-Xtreme

Postby veganray » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:54 am

I got two, both of which were quite domey and considerably less HSOS that the real deal flat Z Xtremes. Also, the plastic seemed less substantial in the hand. I couldn't unload them fast enough.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Return to Equipment