The Fury

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Fury

Postby PMantle » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:18 am

BentElbow11 wrote:OK, got it. Good luck with your understable slot. I'm not sure I'd rule out a Mongoose though. Should be Mamba-like, maybe better. I use the Mamba for very long anhyzers, with a flat release and at about 70% power. The glide is incredible on that disc.

I have a Mamba too. It's going nowhere. I love everything understable. I have almost the entire right side of the charts in my store room. :lol:

I love buying discs. It's kind of a problem.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby BentElbow11 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:08 pm

It's good to be able to throw understable drivers, especially to learn proper form with. Many players never have. I see so many players, and not newbs, put monster torque and wrist roll on max-weight overstable drivers(Boss, Destroyer, etc), forcing them over violently to stretch distance. These aren't big annies, this is ugly.

I used to throw Champ Roadrunners and Z Avenger SS' for understable duty, but switched to Champ Mambas. I was able to find some Mambas that aren't crazy understable, with a noticeably higher PLH when matched up to others(in store). So, they're easier to control and actually have some late fade. Some Mambas have PLH so low it's almost touching the surface...these must be crazy understable.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:57 pm

BentElbow11 wrote: Some Mambas have PLH so low it's almost touching the surface...these must be crazy understable.

I've seen some. I avoid them.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Previous

Return to Equipment