The Fury

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Fury

Postby PMantle » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:30 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:
PMantle wrote:My Fury is not nearly as understable as a lot of my other discs. Must be a good deal of variance. This new Bandit is way more understable, but it's longer downwind.


The Bandit is supposed to be more understable than the Fury. And sure, there are a lot of discs more understable than the Fury. My Fury is moderately understable, as advertised. What I was questioning is keeping a Fury, that turns easily, straight at 400' of power.

Okay, well I would know nothing about that. I just know I easily flip lots of things, but my Fury is not one of them. BTW, the Bandit and Fury have the same numbers, so I have no idea why the Bandit is supposed to be more understable.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: The Fury

Postby BentElbow11 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:15 pm

PMantle wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:
PMantle wrote:My Fury is not nearly as understable as a lot of my other discs. Must be a good deal of variance. This new Bandit is way more understable, but it's longer downwind.


The Bandit is supposed to be more understable than the Fury. And sure, there are a lot of discs more understable than the Fury. My Fury is moderately understable, as advertised. What I was questioning is keeping a Fury, that turns easily, straight at 400' of power.

Okay, well I would know nothing about that. I just know I easily flip lots of things, but my Fury is not one of them. BTW, the Bandit and Fury have the same numbers, so I have no idea why the Bandit is supposed to be more understable.


You're right about the Bandit, I was thinking of the Mongoose. The Fury's pretty straight under lower power and to about 350 ft. Beyond that, forget about controlling it.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: The Fury

Postby PMantle » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:36 am

BentElbow11 wrote:
PMantle wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:
PMantle wrote:My Fury is not nearly as understable as a lot of my other discs. Must be a good deal of variance. This new Bandit is way more understable, but it's longer downwind.


The Bandit is supposed to be more understable than the Fury. And sure, there are a lot of discs more understable than the Fury. My Fury is moderately understable, as advertised. What I was questioning is keeping a Fury, that turns easily, straight at 400' of power.

Okay, well I would know nothing about that. I just know I easily flip lots of things, but my Fury is not one of them. BTW, the Bandit and Fury have the same numbers, so I have no idea why the Bandit is supposed to be more understable.


You're right about the Bandit, I was thinking of the Mongoose. The Fury's pretty straight under lower power and to about 350 ft. Beyond that, forget about controlling it.
Ah, cool. I got one of the flippier bandits according to those in the know. Will not be getting a Mongoose.

On Sunday, I was feeling better than I have since May. Almost done with right shoulder therapy. I went out and played just throwing nice and easy. One a down wind 366" hole, I started a Star Tern with some anny and it flew nicely. Looked to be almost basket high. Figured I'd throw my Bandit with some hyzer to see the difference. It flew nice too, but looked to be a good bit short of the Tern. I get to the basket, and it really was not that much shorter. Bandit may be my go-to down wind disc. I just need to throw it side by side with the Fury. I just can't do a lot of throws at one time yet. So scared I'd get a set back in my shoulder treatment.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: The Fury

Postby BentElbow11 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:31 pm

PMantle wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:
PMantle wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:
PMantle wrote:My Fury is not nearly as understable as a lot of my other discs. Must be a good deal of variance. This new Bandit is way more understable, but it's longer downwind.


The Bandit is supposed to be more understable than the Fury. And sure, there are a lot of discs more understable than the Fury. My Fury is moderately understable, as advertised. What I was questioning is keeping a Fury, that turns easily, straight at 400' of power.

Okay, well I would know nothing about that. I just know I easily flip lots of things, but my Fury is not one of them. BTW, the Bandit and Fury have the same numbers, so I have no idea why the Bandit is supposed to be more understable.


You're right about the Bandit, I was thinking of the Mongoose. The Fury's pretty straight under lower power and to about 350 ft. Beyond that, forget about controlling it.
Ah, cool. I got one of the flippier bandits according to those in the know. Will not be getting a Mongoose.

On Sunday, I was feeling better than I have since May. Almost done with right shoulder therapy. I went out and played just throwing nice and easy. One a down wind 366" hole, I started a Star Tern with some anny and it flew nicely. Looked to be almost basket high. Figured I'd throw my Bandit with some hyzer to see the difference. It flew nice too, but looked to be a good bit short of the Tern. I get to the basket, and it really was not that much shorter. Bandit may be my go-to down wind disc. I just need to throw it side by side with the Fury. I just can't do a lot of throws at one time yet. So scared I'd get a set back in my shoulder treatment.


Sounds good. Good luck!
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: The Fury

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:14 pm

I'm going away from the Fury, period. This is kind of a strange disc. Fairly wide-rimmed(1.9cm) but the nose is more blunt than an XL. So the flight, though long due to great glide, appears slow and somewhat sluggish. I also don't like the "L" type rim, which feels thick like a Beast. The Fury probably serves its purpose as a slower and neutral-understable 'control driver' though.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: The Fury

Postby JR » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:05 am

That is how i see it as well a faster River but not an all out bomber. It is a matter of luck if your Fury is straighter than your River early but they should not be late in the flight. My Fury is more hss than my Rivers but the added fade does not make it any better than the Beast late in the flight but the Beasts wins in a couple respects so the Fury is a valiant effort at replacing the driver that sits at the top for me for workhorse duty.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11538
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: The Fury

Postby PMantle » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:40 am

BentElbow11 wrote:I'm going away from the Fury, period. This is kind of a strange disc. Fairly wide-rimmed(1.9cm) but the nose is more blunt than an XL. So the flight, though long due to great glide, appears slow and somewhat sluggish. I also don't like the "L" type rim, which feels thick like a Beast. The Fury probably serves its purpose as a slower and neutral-understable 'control driver' though.

Totally agree. Wish they would have made a truly more understable Saint as described.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: The Fury

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:04 am

JR wrote:That is how i see it as well a faster River but not an all out bomber. It is a matter of luck if your Fury is straighter than your River early but they should not be late in the flight. My Fury is more hss than my Rivers but the added fade does not make it any better than the Beast late in the flight but the Beasts wins in a couple respects so the Fury is a valiant effort at replacing the driver that sits at the top for me for workhorse duty.


^^^I totally agree wit this. And the Beast is superior to the Fury...in speed, distance, and straightness. With the Fury you can also get a very late turn on an otherwise straight drive before it lands, which is not desireable, IMO. The Fury(Opto) reminds me most of the Champ Valkyrie in feel, flight, etc. But less controllable.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: The Fury

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:15 am

PMantle wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:I'm going away from the Fury, period. This is kind of a strange disc. Fairly wide-rimmed(1.9cm) but the nose is more blunt than an XL. So the flight, though long due to great glide, appears slow and somewhat sluggish. I also don't like the "L" type rim, which feels thick like a Beast. The Fury probably serves its purpose as a slower and neutral-understable 'control driver' though.

Totally agree. Wish they would have made a truly more understable Saint as described.


Then you want the Westside Underworld.

Fury is exactly what Lat 64 says it is(for a change), an "Understable Control Driver". They designed it understable and added a blunt nose, which slows it down and mitigates the amount of turn. I personally don't like how slow and plodding it flies, even with the great glide. I feel like every throw is shorter than it should be, until I get out to where it landed and see that the distance was actually quite good. The River, Valk, and Orion LS do it better, IMO.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: The Fury

Postby PMantle » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:35 am

BentElbow11 wrote:
PMantle wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:I'm going away from the Fury, period. This is kind of a strange disc. Fairly wide-rimmed(1.9cm) but the nose is more blunt than an XL. So the flight, though long due to great glide, appears slow and somewhat sluggish. I also don't like the "L" type rim, which feels thick like a Beast. The Fury probably serves its purpose as a slower and neutral-understable 'control driver' though.

Totally agree. Wish they would have made a truly more understable Saint as described.


Then you want the Westside Underworld.

Fury is exactly what Lat 64 says it is(for a change), an "Understable Control Driver". They designed it understable and added a blunt nose, which slows it down and mitigates the amount of turn. I personally don't like how slow and plodding it flies, even with the great glide. I feel like every throw is shorter than it should be, until I get out to where it landed and see that the distance was actually quite good. The River, Valk, and Orion LS do it better, IMO.

I have an Underworld. Love it. It's not that long though.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: The Fury

Postby PMantle » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:52 am

Oh, and Hatchet is probably next on my list in that general area.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: The Fury

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:21 pm

PMantle wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:
PMantle wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:I'm going away from the Fury, period. This is kind of a strange disc. Fairly wide-rimmed(1.9cm) but the nose is more blunt than an XL. So the flight, though long due to great glide, appears slow and somewhat sluggish. I also don't like the "L" type rim, which feels thick like a Beast. The Fury probably serves its purpose as a slower and neutral-understable 'control driver' though.

Totally agree. Wish they would have made a truly more understable Saint as described.


Then you want the Westside Underworld.

Fury is exactly what Lat 64 says it is(for a change), an "Understable Control Driver". They designed it understable and added a blunt nose, which slows it down and mitigates the amount of turn. I personally don't like how slow and plodding it flies, even with the great glide. I feel like every throw is shorter than it should be, until I get out to where it landed and see that the distance was actually quite good. The River, Valk, and Orion LS do it better, IMO.

I have an Underworld. Love it. It's not that long though.


Well, you're right, Underworld isn't as long as the Fury. How about the Bandit? Didn't you say you were getting one?
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: The Fury

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:54 pm

PMantle wrote:Oh, and Hatchet is probably next on my list in that general area.


The Hatchet sounds like a tweaked Saint, specs match up very close.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: The Fury

Postby PMantle » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:00 pm

Bandit discussed above.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: The Fury

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:51 pm

OK, got it. Good luck with your understable slot. I'm not sure I'd rule out a Mongoose though. Should be Mamba-like, maybe better. I use the Mamba for very long anhyzers, with a flat release and at about 70% power. The glide is incredible on that disc.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests