Champion Beast & Leopard

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Fritz, Solty, Booter, Blake_T, Frank Delicious

Re: Champion Beast & Leopard

Postby Innovafan2562 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:01 pm

I've had a chance to throw and evaluate both discs. The Champ Beast was a replacement on another that was lost in the drink last season, so knew what to expect. The Champ Leopard has been a very pleasant surprise. Very good disc.
Innovafan2562
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Champion Beast & Leopard

Postby JR » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:44 pm

Lefty slow steps fit the 132 Blizzard Beast nicely because of the glide. It flips a little and fades in the end at about 260'. I did not have the time to see how it behaves with faster steps. A 150 C Valk flips a hair more and i did not get good enough throws to compare the fade. More attempts required. I did not try the Leos i have because i did not come across one before havings lots of discs to haul. Something to correct for sure. Traditionally the contenders for the Leo have been a Stalker and a QOLS and the Stalker i tried was a Ti that fades too much for preference so i need to try a Z and the QOLS worked well at slow and faster speeds. The QOLS has no bad features so testing the Leo is just crossing the tees and dotting the is. I am ready to be impressed though and go in without expectations to see what i can see with the Leo. I tossed a 162 C Beast that flips a few degrees at fast speeds and a 166 Pro that does not flip without a headwind. The latter goes straight to 320-330'. The QOLS only a few feet less. The QOLS stays straight longer at the only semi controllable speed for me which is slower than walking.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment