Looking for disc recommendation

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby punch » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:50 am

Lost my Sidewinder last night playing night golf. Looking for a disc recommendation for something faster than a leopard similar to the sidewinder. I currently throw 325 to 350ish with the leopard. Looking for something stable to under-stable. Thanks for input.
Rhyno - Shark3 - Leopard - Teebird - Mamba
punch
Noob

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:15 am

Why not another Sidewinder? You can find ones that are more or less stable, just compare the parting line height.

If not - How did your Sidewinder fly? And what would you want this new disc to do that your Sidewinder didn't do?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Looking for disc recommendation

Postby PMantle » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:37 am

punch wrote: Looking for a disc recommendation for something faster than a leopard similar to the sidewinder.

Amp
Fury
Monarch
Underword
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby punch » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:39 am

It flew pretty much as it should according to the numbers. Just thought I might branch out from my innova only bag if there was a similar speed 9ish disc.
punch
Noob

Postby PMantle » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:13 am

punch wrote:It flew pretty much as it should according to the numbers. Just thought I might branch out from my innova only bag if there was a similar speed 9ish disc.

I can't say enough about the Fury I have that I did not even want. For now, it's going to be my main driver, as I can control it better than my speed 12 stuff without losing enough distance to matter. Adding two Escapes to go with it.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Fury or 150 Champ Valk pop to mind. The Valk has fade but at that weight it is easier to keep it annied. Since it does fight the anny a little depending on the power and height it can be more reliable for not maximum right annies. Placement should be easier and s-curves much more so.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby punch » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:46 pm

What do you guys/girls think of a tern? I am at 325 - 350ish power. Is it a bit too much for me at this point. I guess what I am really looking for is an appropriate long distance turnover disc. I mostly rely on my leopard and teebird for most shoots off the tee only reaching for my destroyer on those really long shots to the right (I am LHBH) so I am in need of a long distance disc that will finish left when needed and max D. The fury looks good but seems like it might overlap the leopard a bit, it looks just sightly longer. I liked the sidewinder but I always felt like it overlapped a bit with the leopard.
punch
Noob

Postby PMantle » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:46 am

Well my Fury is way longer than my Leo, but I have one of those really stable champions.
Love my Terns. For long turnover, go Star. Better options would be Archon or Mamba. I can bend my Mamba around some crazy right turns.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:35 am

My Leo record is somewhere around 375-380' IIRC and the Fury goes to 400' and is more HSS thus reliable than the Sidewinder that goes to 413' tops IIRC.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Equipment