Prodigy Plastic Warping

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Prodigy Plastic Warping

Postby Fightingthetide » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:48 pm

jubuttib wrote:Funny, all the Prodigy plastic we got for testing felt and looked top notch. =/

That is funny. Maybe it's because most of the plastic I've seen/held/thrown was proto and 1st run stuff...but even then, it seemed incredibly odd to see such a highly anticipated manufacturer produce such low quality plastic in terms of aesthetics.

Granted, I'm sure they all flew fine - which is what really matters - but in a consumer-driven society, looks matter. There's a reason why grocery stores throw out tons of perfectly good produce that has minor aesthetic flaws...people don't want to buy it.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Prodigy Plastic Warping

Postby jubuttib » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Fightingthetide wrote:
jubuttib wrote:Funny, all the Prodigy plastic we got for testing felt and looked top notch. =/

That is funny. Maybe it's because most of the plastic I've seen/held/thrown was proto and 1st run stuff...but even then, it seemed incredibly odd to see such a highly anticipated manufacturer produce such low quality plastic in terms of aesthetics.

Granted, I'm sure they all flew fine - which is what really matters - but in a consumer-driven society, looks matter. There's a reason why grocery stores throw out tons of perfectly good produce that has minor aesthetic flaws...people don't want to buy it.
Even more odd, because all of the Prodigy plastic I've seen has been proto or 1st run (mainly proto)... =/
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Previous

Return to Equipment