Utility Mid Question

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Utility Mid Question

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:19 pm

jubuttib wrote:At least the C-MD3s I've been testing weren't overstable AT ALL. They flew like the best kind of flat C-MD2s, meaning straight, straigth and then for some straight for good measure.

You'll like this...I lost a flat, gummy, pink C MD2 over a year ago (maybe?), and this past weekend someone found it about 45 miles north of where I lost it. That disc must have sprouted legs and walked! It's back in my hands now, and looks like it's beat in enough to be slightly understable. I'll test it soon to see.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:09 pm

punch wrote:I have a CFR that I got off ebay. It is as flat as my flat top rhyno, so I think you could still find one. I will post a pic later.

Do share...and can you tell me who you bought it from? Feel free to send me a PM if you need to.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby ladysmanfelpz » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:07 pm

I know this is kind of a dead thread, but didn't want to start my own so I'll ask here.

How is the Buzzz os?

I filled my small bag with a variety of buzzzes for mids. I mainly use my orange buzzz for predictable shots, and also have a buzzz ss when I want something a little straighter. I have a skeeter that opts as more a long range putter and I keep a beefy 174 g dx gator for dump fade and FH shots. I mainly use it for its FH capability as none of my other mids can take a flick. Lately my FH has become unpredictable with the gator as JR said its very nose angle sensitive because of its OS characteristics. I have one driver I mainly use for FH and it takes a way different nose angle so when I get a good drive I find I'll put my gator in the dirt with my next FH. And if I get a good FH with the gator, I get a sky high drive later in the round. I've never tried a discraft OS disc, but i get what to expect, and I love the buzzz rim. So does it have a dump fade like the gator or drone? Is it simply more OS into a headwind with a soft fade like the buzzz? Other thoughts on the disc and what else I should be looking for in this market.

P.S. My gator took a hard whack a while back and definitely has a dented flight plate and this may be affecting its flight consistency.
ladysmanfelpz
Noob

Favorite Disc: Dx Viper

Postby JR » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:26 pm

I do not have a Buzzz OS or have thrown one. I would like to know if a Buzzz OS is like a Glo Z Buzzz that fades more than a Z Buzzz while also having more hss. I've heard that not every Glo Z is like that but each one i have thrown and what others here tell of their discs the majority around release time were like mine.

A flat topped Zone is easier to grip and flicks beautifully and is thin and easy to release cleanly. ESP is duarble and can take a long while to wear from dump fade to more versatile. Pro D does wear and it can be a good or a bad thing depending on what you need and want. A broekn in D is longer and less demanding in situations where a dump fade is not required.

Zones are faster than Gators and nose up angle sensitive meaning it will not go far and will fade early and hard if thrown nose up.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby PMantle » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:35 am

Our Hastings is so slow to get new Discraft molds. They only recently got Zombees and Cranks.No Heat. No Mantis. May be next year before I see a Buzzz OS there.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby ladysmanfelpz » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:25 am

Ha you go to Hastings too for discraft. Nice.

And did you mean zone or drone JR? I'm looking for something with a little distance to it.
ladysmanfelpz
Noob

Favorite Disc: Dx Viper

Postby JR » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:56 pm

Zone but both work as Gator replacement. If possible i would grip both for comfort check before making a decision. The Drone is way taller and to me the lowest part scratches the index finger more. I actually use a flx Drone but mine is surprisingly hard and slick for flx meaning there is little difference between it and esp in tackiness. The flx still has the edge in material grippyness in adverse weather so considering your dry skin the vote goes for the Drone. They get consistent distance whereas the d Zone needs breaking in and once straighter and longer needs under powering, nose up or height to dump fade or a combination of those.

Another alternative for availability besides another Gator could be a DD Suspect. But i only have tried Champ and Star equivalent plastics not a base line plastic versions. Dunno if there even is a base line grippy model for those. The Star equivalent is grippier than most Stars though so it is perfect in good weather and ok in many poor weather days but necessarily ideal in foul conditions.

Millennium Sentinel comes in grippy plastics as well but it is less dumpy with power and does not handle gusts or swirly winds as well as the others being less os. But it is noticeably beefier than the Z Buzzz and longer than any of the above. So fondling one for grip is adviceable.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment