Star, Champion, Blizzard Champion Questions

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Star, Champion, Blizzard Champion Questions

Postby mgilbert » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:32 pm

It seems to me that when Star plastic gets older, it gets really slick. Champion doesn't seem to do that. And Blizzard Champion seems to have better grip that either Star or Champion. Anyone else have any observations on those comments?
mgilbert
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cobra

Re: Star, Champion, Blizzard Champion Questions

Postby aerodriver » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:09 pm

Not sure about slickness, but Champion in my experience is better and more consistent than Star through the wear stages. The Blizzard observation as the best in grip is not true in my opinion.

Plus I think this all depends on whether we're talking new discs or properly seasoned discs.
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Trident

Re: Star, Champion, Blizzard Champion Questions

Postby JR » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 pm

My Stars have stayed the same over the years and so have Champs and i see no real grip difference with Blizzards. Skin oils and all manner of grime tends to make discs slicker over time if you don't wash them properly at times with good detergent. If soap and such does not help acetone will. It can damage the plastic if left on for a long time and used in larger amounts i've been told. No experience with that i just wiped some discs lately. It did not make the plastic grippier like some say but is sure did return the grip to new condition because everything on the disc was cleaned away.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Equipment