Need a Tunnel Mid

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Need a Tunnel Mid

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:19 am

The Buzzz SS is a really good midrange mold from Discraft...it does certain things the Buzzz can't, which of course was the reason for putting it out.

JR knows his stuff...about disc golf and WW2. A couple dicey exhanges between us earlier in this thread were more humorous than anything else. At least I was laughing while writing...
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:39 pm

PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby andrew » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:27 pm

I threw a Z Buzzz SS once and decided it was an ESP Buzzz flight in Z plastic Is that inaccurate?
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:25 pm

I find the Buzzz SS to be fadeless. It has a different more blunt nose and a tapered 'L' type wing vs the concave wing of the Buzzz. A Z Buzzz flies the closest to the SS, IMO.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby maskedavenger » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:49 am

LOL, what I love more than a TL;DR wall of text, is a completely offtopic TL;DR wall of text

On topic, a beat old run P-MD2 is a completely fadeless disc, if thats what your tunnel craves.
maskedavenger
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby mutteriwiritys » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:58 am

Am I the only one who completely read JR's post? :D
mutteriwiritys
Noob

Favorite Disc: FD

Postby JR » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:09 am

You guys have no idea about how long posts i have made before :-D You have joined so late. I have written more characters on this board than anybody else unless there is more in the phpBB code :-) There are not many that have writeen more posts here. Possibly DGDave only at this time. He needs to shape up or he'll be challenged for the postmaster general title. Which is an US title and being a foreigner it does not feel right. You gotta bait him to write more often :-P

Both Bents and me have written much more than what i wrote in my previous post in about ten posts from him and a few longer ones from me in the lat couple of days in PMs about WW2.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby andrew » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:30 am

BentElbow11 wrote:I find the Buzzz SS to be fadeless. It has a different more blunt nose and a tapered 'L' type wing vs the concave wing of the Buzzz. A Z Buzzz flies the closest to the SS, IMO.

Z Buzzz has reliable fade. Some may think I'm crazy, but I think fade on Glow Z is a little sharper aka less penetrating than Z. ESP is closer to fadeless.
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Postby PMantle » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:41 am

JR wrote:You guys have no idea about how long posts i have made before :-D You have joined so late. I have written more characters on this board than anybody else unless there is more in the phpBB code :-) There are not many that have writeen more posts here. Possibly DGDave only at this time. He needs to shape up or he'll be challenged for the postmaster general title. Which is an US title and being a foreigner it does not feel right. You gotta bait him to write more often :-P

Both Bents and me have written much more than what i wrote in my previous post in about ten posts from him and a few longer ones from me in the lat couple of days in PMs about WW2.

See, this is perfect. Get longer than this and you lose almost erryone.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:25 am

JR wrote:You guys have no idea about how long posts i have made before :-D You have joined so late. I have written more characters on this board than anybody else unless there is more in the phpBB code :-) There are not many that have writeen more posts here. Possibly DGDave only at this time. He needs to shape up or he'll be challenged for the postmaster general title. Which is an US title and being a foreigner it does not feel right. You gotta bait him to write more often :-P

Shhh! :wink:
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:21 pm

PMantle wrote:

See, this is perfect. Get longer than this and you lose almost erryone.

You could take a speed reading class... :)
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby DiscinFiend » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:09 pm

I cycle Rocs & I use a beat Roc for mid tunnel shots. The Atlas is also a good choice. Innova is going to be putting the Champion Atlas into normal production soon.
Grip A-Series
Destroyer - PD - Firebird - Teebird - Leopard - Roc - KC Aviar
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep
DiscinFiend
Noob

Favorite Disc: KC Roc

Postby PMantle » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:39 pm

A friend of mine is throwing his Atlas with lots of success in the more narrow woods holes. I've never thrown one. Curious about the Foxbat
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Doesn't the Atlas have that strange version of an overmold that uses funky plastic rivets underneath? It looks toy. I actually held one, and no thanks!...if I'm thinking of the same disc.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:16 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:Doesn't the Atlas have that strange version of an overmold that uses funky plastic rivets underneath? It looks toy. I actually held one, and no thanks!...if I'm thinking of the same disc.

Yes
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment