bh roller

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

bh roller

Postby money 21 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:32 pm

looking for a disc to learn a back hand roller with. I throw bh, fh, fh rollers, and thumbers in my current game. would like to add the bh roller.

I have a pro d eclipse that i bought a whim a while ago would this be a good choice to learn with.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Re: bh roller

Postby JR » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:52 am

Chances ard you own your roller already. It is more of a skill and rolling path issue which disc you use. You should learn two roller techniques firstly the steep anhyzer right leg planted to the left of the left leg and arched back with the arm reaching back low climbing to above the head following through low with a very forward almost falling down weight shift. This form allows you to throw anything and the lines can be varied although undrstable discs risk landing upside down if you throw hard or high.

The second technique needs flippy discs and is a regular hyzer flip that needs power to make the disc flip so short escape shots are not possible. However; using the flippy disc for short rollers is possible with moderate to steep hyzers depending on the disc and the distance.

Some roll their wrists etc. It is not as easy to get consistent results that way vs what is in my signature.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Equipment