Inertia - threw one a bit today

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Inertia - threw one a bit today

Postby PMantle » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:27 pm

A friend of mine pre-ordered one. He told me it was understable as heck, and wanted to see for myself.
The wind was blowing pretty good, so it was a challenge to figure out how it needed to be thrown. My buddy was flipping it over in an unusable way. I was able to keep it from doing that, but other than having more glide than the FDs from MVP, I found nothing special about it. Reminds me of a Champion Beast or Wildcat as the numbers would predict. It will probably end up being mine soon, so if throwing it in flat wind or on a course changes anything, I'll post again.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: Inertia - threw one a bit today

Postby luma » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:46 pm

It's pretty pretty flippy. I don't want to know how understable the understable DD from MVP will be. I'm not that extreme distance thrower (430-450') and it just turns like heck for me. I have to release it on at least 45° hyzer to get a nice flight out of it. I also don't use it for any feel shots because I have my beat up volt and a first run Amp that will do everything turning over that I need. So I gave mine to a friend of mine who throws around 300' on his better ones and he really loved it. Slight turn for him with a long flight. That's where you could see the Gyroscopic Effect. It won't stay straight forever of course, but for a 2.0 cm wide rim, it stayed straight pretty long.
luma
Noob

Favorite Disc: Axis all day long

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:07 pm

At the risk of getting flamed, it's interesting that the Inertia is flying much more stable for PMantle than his buddy, or the other reviewer. Confirms what I had already been guessing.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:14 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:At the risk of getting flamed, it's interesting that the Inertia is flying much more stable for PMantle than his buddy, or the other reviewer. Confirms what I had already been guessing.

:lol:
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:14 pm

I was laughing at your review. If there's still time, you should edit out everything but the word "Inertia". Or ask the mods to make it disappear. :roll:
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:42 am

BentElbow11 wrote:I was laughing at your review. If there's still time, you should edit out everything but the word "Inertia". Or ask the mods to make it disappear. :roll:

You are a bad joke :lol:
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:08 pm

Inertia described on 3 different sites(Inbounds, InfiniteDiscs, DGCR) as understable, was super understable for your buddy and another person here in this thread, and also a bunch of people on DGCR...but stable for you, AND with the wind "blowing pretty good"?

See anything wrong with this picture, PMantle?
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:43 pm

He could be very good at judging the wind. Any disc can be thrown in the wind you just got to know what angles are right and how to run up on the Teepad correctly. Everything changes when wind comes in play.

Inertia does sound like a cool disc to try out though
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:42 pm

UncleBrother2001 wrote:He could be very good at judging the wind. Any disc can be thrown in the wind you just got to know what angles are right and how to run up on the Teepad correctly. Everything changes when wind comes in play.

Sadly, I doubt that's the case. I think he's just making stuff up as he goes along. The review at the top of this page was pure lunacy.

Headwind: choose appropriate disc, add hyzer, and back off power. Shifting winds? Good luck.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:36 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:
UncleBrother2001 wrote:He could be very good at judging the wind. Any disc can be thrown in the wind you just got to know what angles are right and how to run up on the Teepad correctly. Everything changes when wind comes in play.

Sadly, I doubt that's the case. I think he's just making stuff up as he goes along. The review at the top of this page was pure lunacy.

Headwind: choose appropriate disc, add hyzer, and back off power. Shifting winds? Good luck.

Yeah shifting winds are crazy. I was playing in some 15mph shifting winds on an open course a couple of weeks back. My PD's were having a ton of trouble. I almost felt like just throwing my XXX the whole round because it was so bad :lol:

I still shot 6 under,but it was a hard fought 6 under. I don't like playing in those types of winds

Oh and also I did throw some pretty cool turnovers with my ESP Cyclone. Not on purpose though. I figured out if I just put the right amount of hyzer angle on it the wind would flip the disc as if I was throwing my Pro D Cyclone. It was nutz and yes I'll say it again I don't like those types of wind :P

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Crosswinds are tough enough, but shifting winds lead to surprises, usually unpleasant surprises. Not much you can do, you make the throw and a split second later a 20mph gust blows right across the fairway. Disc selection? LOL
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:54 am

BentElbow11 wrote:Crosswinds are tough enough, but shifting winds lead to surprises, usually unpleasant surprises. Not much you can do, you make the throw and a split second later a 20mph gust blows right across the fairway. Disc selection? LOL

Next time I play an open course like that one,there will be no wind that day. :lol:

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:47 am

All the courses I play are windy(northern California coast), with the exception of 1 heavily wooded course near Santa Cruz. I also routinely play 4 Lake Tahoe courses, with the usual mountain thermals and wind blowing off the lake. You get used to it, except for the unexpected strong gusts messing with what otherwise would have been a good drive.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby discspeed » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:16 pm

I wouldn't necessarily trust the Inertia in the open with sketchy winds, but it's carving up gaps through the woods for me. Maybe it's because it's just barely a distance driver per rim width, but I'm getting some good drives on holes I used to use a slower disc for. With good spin it has a very methodical turning action and the best glide of MVP's drivers so far. When I first tested it I was trying to crush it in the open and was frustrated by the way it was flipping on me. I'm figuring out that it's not that kind of disc...It's a lot like a good Rogue or seasoned Pro Wraith.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby BentElbow11 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Rogue, Pro Wraith? :?

It's being compared to a Sidewinder and even a Mamba on DGCR. Also, might want to check out Mike C video of the Inertia, lots of turn with a steep hyzer release at 450'ish. Even throwing it left-handed in the video it's flipping on him with 350'ish throws.

Looking at the profile, the wing definitely looks US, and these actually have some dome on them, unlike any other MVP driver I've seen.

I may have to get one of these.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Next

Return to Equipment