Inertia - threw one a bit today

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Inertia - threw one a bit today

Postby discspeed » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:36 pm

I don't necessarily see stability as THE defining characteristic of a disc, especially when using Innova as a standard for comparison.

I threw proline Rogues for a season or two, and once they have some wear they need hyzer to do anything...Same with a Pro Wraith. The Inertia is more like these discs in that it flies like a worn stable disc rather than possessing an inherently understable wing design (flat or convex wings). I compared it to the Mamba on DGCR, but this is because I have carried some stable-for-the-mold domey/CFR Champ Mambas in the last couple years that flew somewhat similarly. I feel the Mamba is a bit faster with less glide than the Inertia overall though.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby BentElbow11 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:25 pm

I agree that stability can be subjective and is largely thrower dependent.

More glide than a Mamba, interesting. Now I'm really intrigued by the Inertia.

Thanks for the clarification.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:10 am

The Mamba did not strike me as having a lot of glide. The fade kills what there is.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 am

Mamba has a lot of glide, JR. First Innova driver to be rated at 6 glide, FWIW. You can see it when throwing them.

Fade? Even my more stable Mamba's have maybe 2 fade...maybe. The understable ones I would rate 11,6,-5,1, just like Innova says. The more stable ones(higher PLH), I would say 11,6,-3,1.5.

Set the two side by side and they look like a different disc, with one Mamba PLH almost touching the surface, and the other much higher. At first, the more stable Mamba's(champ) were rare, I might find 1 out of a dozen. Lately, I'm seeing more mixed in, so I'm wondering if Innova did something there.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:09 pm

Mine is from when they released them. It is the norm these days that every manufacturer has variations in the same mold meh. I am not interested in buying another but if somebody let me throw a straighter gliding one and it worked i might. Mine is Innova fade 3 turn 1.5-2.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:22 pm

A glideless Mamba at -1.5 turn, 3 fade? And you're sure it's a Mamba?
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:33 am

BentElbow11 wrote:Inertia described on 3 different sites(Inbounds, InfiniteDiscs, DGCR) as understable, was super understable for your buddy and another person here in this thread, and also a bunch of people on DGCR...but stable for you, AND with the wind "blowing pretty good"?

See anything wrong with this picture, PMantle?

I never said it was stable. You simply cannot read. I said it was understable for him in a bad way. It was plenty understable for me. More so than my Amp. Into, I threw it with a huge amount of hyzer. I tend to carry more understable stuf than he does. You're looking for something that is not there.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby BentElbow11 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:34 am

"I never said it was stable"..."It was plenty understable for me"

You compared it to a champion Beast and Wildcat. How does that jibe with what you're saying now?

Give it up, PMantle. Stop all the misinformation.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:57 am

BentElbow11 wrote:"I never said it was stable"..."It was plenty understable for me"

You compared it to a champion Beast and Wildcat. How does that jibe with what you're saying now?

Give it up, PMantle. Stop all the misinformation.

Because both are understable :lol: And since you like to mention InBounds......

BOOM!
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BentElbow11 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:04 am

So now the champion Beast and Wildcat are "very understable" according to you? Any driver that has ANY turn whatsoever is understable? The Renegade and Sorcerer are too understable for you, but your champ Tern is -0.5, 2? Very strange.

Goodbye PMantle.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:14 am

BentElbow11 wrote:So now the champion Beast and Wildcat are "very understable" according to you? Any driver that has ANY turn whatsoever is understable? The Renegade and Sorcerer are too understable for you, but your champ Tern is -0.5, 2? Very strange.

Goodbye PMantle.

I actually don't agree with that chart flight. It was very understable. BTW, those two discs are not too understable for me. They are just more understable than champ Terns. I carry a Mamba. Nothing is too understable for me. You have brain damage.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby ferretdance03 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Y'all need to get a damn room.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby PMantle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:27 pm

The stalking is hilarious. Is there a moderator here?
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Stringbean » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:01 pm

PMantle is in Louisana, at sea level. Keep in mind that discs tend to fly more stable at sea level. I am not joking.

I don't think that PMantle would intentionally make things up about the stability of a disc. He has thrown a wide variety of plastic and I respect his opinion.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby PMantle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:50 pm

Stringbean wrote:PMantle is in Louisana, at sea level. Keep in mind that discs tend to fly more stable at sea level. I am not joking.

I don't think that PMantle would intentionally make things up about the stability of a disc. He has thrown a wide variety of plastic and I respect his opinion.

I've wondered about this. I have read that the Westside #s are so screwed up because of this type of thing. Having never thrown anywhere but La. and Fl., I have nothing to compare.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment