Inertia - threw one a bit today

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Inertia - threw one a bit today

Postby BentElbow11 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:39 pm

PMantle wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:You mean your Leopard is flying overstable for you too? Oh boy!

Oh, and what you're suggesting is not only screwy, but impossible.

It's flying how it's flying, and the system is not only not impossible, it would be easy as pie. Screwy? Having numbers that accurately reflect the disc's flight? Bwahahahahahaha

Why don't you call Innova and insist they change the #'s on their discs, just because you say so. Maybe Westside and DD too...why not? Or maybe a warning label on each disc: 'Disc may fly more stable or understable than stated' .
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:38 am

BentElbow11 wrote:You mean your Leopard is flying overstable for you too? Oh boy!

Even Leos vary now :roll: I have a star that is 0 hss and half to one tick more lss than my champs and other Stars. It will flip in minor headwinds. It fades earlier too so it is shorter than other Leos. The top is lower than on any other Leo. It is defo a Leo judging by the shape of the rest of the disc so no misstamping here.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby PMantle » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:48 am

JR wrote:

Even Leos vary now :roll: I have a star that is 0 hss and half to one tick more lss than my champs and other Stars. It will flip in minor headwinds. It fades earlier too so it is shorter than other Leos. The top is lower than on any other Leo. It is defo a Leo judging by the shape of the rest of the disc so no misstamping here.

JR, he doesn't throw any of these discs, and has no concept of stability whatsoever. Just ignore.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:09 am

JR wrote:

JR, I have thrown DX, Pro and champ Leos, currently have 3 champs. 1 is domey, 2 are flat topped. The flat tops still fly straight-understable, they're Leopards. The L wing is an understable design, a la the Eagle L, new Beast, etc.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:17 am

PMantle wrote:
JR wrote:

JR, he doesn't throw any of these discs, and has no concept of stability whatsoever. Just ignore.

Still don't know which end is up, eh PMantle?

Strange how you trashed the Sorcerer here, but have never thrown one.

Your description of discs is completely off, in almost every case. This is how every disc is, because it's how YOU throw them?

And you're on DGR and DGCR polluting the boards with a sh*tload of mis-information. 0, 2 Terns? > -3 Renegades? Stable Inertia into blowing wind? Flippy Sorcerers? Overstable Leopards? WTF!

But there's even more nonsense from you. Such as, Innova should re-do the #'s on their discs for each run, just for you. And Westside's #'s are also "screwed up" because Finland's at high altitude, LOL.

Maybe spend less time spewing a bunch of junk here and on DGCR and go learn something about the game of disc golf instead? Ya think?
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:50 am

BentElbow11 wrote:
PMantle wrote:
JR wrote:

Still don't know which end is up, eh PMantle?

Strange how you trashed the Sorcerer here, but have never thrown one.

Your description of discs is completely off, in almost every case. This is how every disc is, because it's how YOU throw them?

And you're on DGR and DGCR polluting the boards with a sh*tload of mis-information. 0, 2 Terns? > -3 Renegades? Stable Inertia into blowing wind? Flippy Sorcerers? Overstable Leopards? WTF!

But there's even more nonsense from you. Such as, Innova should re-do the #'s on their discs for each run, just for you. And Westside's #'s are also "screwed up" because Finland's at high altitude, LOL.

Maybe spend less time spewing a bunch of junk here and on DGCR and go learn something about the game of disc golf instead? Ya think?

Let's address your lunicy one by one.

I have trashed no discs, ever. Well, the Flow sucks. I carry a Sorcerer you moron. :lol:

My description of discs is not off on a single one. You would not know anyway, as you lack a basic understanding of disc flight.

The next paragraph has stuff in it I never said. You keep just making up things you think I said. It's pretty funny. I can't help it if you read a post that says an Inertia did not turn in an unusable way for me and assume that means I think it's not understable. You simply cannot read. I also can't help it if you read "not -2 1 to mean overstable. Again, you have some sort of learning disability that's not my job to tackle.

I never made a claim about Westside and altitude. it's well known that their numbers are a joke. Why? I have no idea.

And yes, Innova should use numbers that actually reflect flight. I swear, i don't think you even play. No one that does can be this ignorant.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:02 am

Oh, you actually throw a Sorcerer? Really? Let's assume you do, even though I have my doubts. So, let me guess, it's much more understable than your Tern. Everything is, so no surprise there, LOL.

When someone incorrectly said discs fly more stable at sea level, you replied:

"I have read that the Westside #s are so screwed up because of this type of thing. Having never thrown anywhere but La. and Fl., I have nothing to compare."

Based on your reply above, the implication that you believed Finland is at high altitude was obvious. Just because Finland has forests and snow doesn't mean it's mountainous, LOL. And you talk about "ignorant"?

PMantle on the Leopard: "I wish they would test each run and label accordingly. If they would do that, then there is no way my beloved Champion Leo would have -2 1 on it."

^^^What did you mean by the words "no way" it would be -2,1, other than you think it's much more overstable than that?

How about your claim that the understable Inertia, in blowing winds, was uncontrollably understable for your buddy, but for you it was stable, like a Beast or Wildcat?

Your repeated blunders here, followed by complete 180's, is laughable. You're not fooling anyone, PMantle.

Every mfgr's discs can vary from the flight characteristics they claim, and often do...EVERY mfgr. Everybody knows this. You're the first person who has such a problem with it that you're actually insisting they all change the numbers on their discs at random, each run. It's insane. Have you ever heard of the word "standardization"? How about a "uniform measuring system"? Here's an easier one for you, "confusion". Your idea that they all should adjust their #'s because YOU say they should, is pathetic.

The list goes on and on...

Any new player to disc golf who takes one look at your posts is going to be poisoned by bad information. That's not how it should be, not the purpose of DG discussion boards. But that doesn't stop you, you'd rather argue the sky isn't blue and the earth is flat, and dig in like a child in his sandbox whenever you're wrong.

Give it up already. Geez!
Last edited by BentElbow11 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Again, you have no reading comprehension skills. What grade did you drop out of school? I'm going with 7th.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby PMantle » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Again, not me....

Originally Posted by smyith View Post
bummer about the Sorcerer tho.....was hoping it would fly like its numbers for once. (which btw i do not get, DD's numbers seem to be accurate why arent Lat64/Westside? does DD set the ratings themselves? and if so Lat64 might want to have them do they ratings from now on so their actually accurate).

Maybe Lat64 tests their discs at higher altitude so the numbers are a result of that? DD tests them closer to sea level.

:lol:
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:31 pm

:roll: You just don't get it, do you? Thick as a log.

It's highly unlikely that Lat 64 and Westside would choose to test their new discs at altitude in mountains, of which there are none in Finland, and only on the west coast of Sweden.

Also, if it isn't too difficult for you, ask yourself why any mfgr would go out of their way to test new discs under atypical conditions, and then deliberately assign misleading flight #'s to them. Or is this basic logic just too much for you?

According to you, the people at Innova, Lat 64, Westside, etc are all a bunch of yahoos who don't know what they're doing and assign completely erroneous #'s to their discs...but the wannabe expert, PMantle, has exposed this and is on a crusade to get them all to assign different #'s on their discs because they're not flying properly for him. Oh, this is rich!

And how do you explain that your Bolt is flippy understable(stated by you in the Tern thread) but your 'Air' King flew great for you(DGCR post)?

Or how about these gems?...

"My two Champ Terns flew basically like -0.5 2."...PMantle: Tern thread, page 12

"Hell, even GStar at -3 is more stable than all of my Renegades."...PMantle: Tern thread, page 9

So, according to you(chuckle, chuckle) the champ Tern has 0 turn, but the Renegade has more than -3 turn? Really? Despite their ratings of -2,2 for the Tern, and -1.5, 2.5 for the Renegade?

And of course, you have a Leopard that isn't anywhere near -2,1. Anything else in your stack that's flying way off the #'s for you? Better yet, anything that isn't?

PMantle, you've got a problem, that much is clear. Now, are you sure it's a problem with the #'s ratings of each mfgr? Or possibly just your throwing ability?

Hint: if you have clean form and rely on snap, rather than bad form and muscling everything over using a big anhyzer release to TRY and get distance, then discs(drivers especially) will fly true to their numbers...numbers that are assigned by very competent individuals at the respective mfgrs. Likewise, if you have a noodle arm and are weak-arming shorter throws with poor snap and spin, fairway drivers like the Leopard may appear to fly more overstable.
Last edited by BentElbow11 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Boobs
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Somebody has to do it.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:56 pm

:lol: I was just saying boobs as in boobies. Maybe that would get you guys off the subject. :thumbup:
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:35 pm

Okay, LOL.

It's been a sh*tfest. I think it's bad news on DG boards when discs are being grossly misrepresented by someone based on his throwing ability, or lack there of. And now he wants all the mfgrs to change the #'s around for every new run of all their molds. Wow!
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:24 pm

To correct one of the mistakes my Star Leo flatter top than any other Leo i have seen has no turn at all in calm conditions at full power. So it is not a flatter champ. It is not overstable just neutral stable most of the flight with some fade. Others are understable.

To me discs that turn have always been called understable by the majority despite how hard they fade at least by players who have power to make the disc turn. Which means most Innova discs with turn rating other than zero will flip at their power. Unless the disc is more os than the majority of that mold.

Guys you need to read more carefully.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment