Dynamic Discs Verdict and Suspect.

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Dynamic Discs Verdict and Suspect.

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Next month I'm gonna purchase one of these or maybe both,not sure at the moment.

They look very similar on paper,but Inbounds has the Verdict being 20 to 30ft longer. Suspect looks like a Zone on paper,but I've been told it is a bit straighter than a Zone before it fades.

Before I make a purchase I would like a little more info on these 2 discs. What do you guys think of these 2 discs?
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Re: Dynamic Discs Verdict and Suspect.

Postby PMantle » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:01 pm

I have one of the Truth etched Verdicts. No idea if those are any different than production. Fairly overstable, and definitley longer than my two Suspects. Yes, the Suspect is built a lot like a Zone, but stays straight for much longer before fading. I actually carry both discs.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby JTdisc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:44 pm

I have a Moonshine Am. Worlds Verdict and a new Lucid Verdict. The Moonshine is a tick more stable. The Verdict is very straight with no turn and a decent late fade. My Lucid Suspect is very similar to my ESP Zone. Neither go quite as far as the Verdict, but both are turn-resistant. I'd agree that the Suspect will go a little further than the Zone before the fade kicks in, but overall distances are pretty similar. I'd say I get about 10-20 feet more with the Verdicts. The Suspect powers down a bit better for me.

All things considered, these discs behave fairly similarly. There really aren't a whole lot of shots you could do with one and not the other. I do carry both the Verdict and the Suspect in my bag. The Verdict is for longer shots and the Suspect is my do-all approach disc.

My Suspect and Zone are absolutely flat. The Verdicts have a little bit of dome. The Suspect is a bit shallower than my Zone. I think the most important thing is to get one that feels good in your hand, and that a consistent release is more important than a bit more speed or stability.
Last edited by JTdisc on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Escape

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks for the input so far on these 2.

I was looking at the Suspect earlier on discgolfcenter. Did not realize they were so many plastics in this disc. I could see my self having a soft and a Lucid.

Verdict still sounds pretty dang good too.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby discmonkey42 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:37 pm

I carry 3 Verdicts and 2 Suspects. Not sure they will all stay in the bag for the season, but working for me now.

The Suspect does not fade as much or as hard as a zone. It's a bit longer than a zone and stays straight a good bit longer. Lucid Suspect goes dead straight into the wind with very little fade. With no wind it fades more, but still not what you'd expect from the numbers. I also carry a classic blend Suspect. Definitely more overstable than the Lucid. It also sticks wherever it lands. Virtually no skip. These are really very different discs with completely different roles in my bag.

Lucid Verdict is by far my most overstable. Great in the wind, super reliable. Next is a DyeMax (fuzion). Still overstable, still great in the wind, but has a more forward fade and glides longer. Great disc for sweeping hyper lines. Am Worlds Moonshine is the least stable of mine. Straight for most of it's flight, but still a solid fade at the end. This is the one that may leave the bag as it kind of overlaps with one of my Truths. All 3 are super reliable and I can really get on them and trust them to be consistent. It really surprised me, but they are the most thrown mid in my bag.

If you are looking for a zone like disc in the trilogy line up, it's the Harp by West Side. For me I'll just power down on a Trident or XXX for that spot.

Hope that helps!
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:31 pm

discmonkey42 wrote:I carry 3 Verdicts and 2 Suspects. Not sure they will all stay in the bag for the season, but working for me now.

The Suspect does not fade as much or as hard as a zone. It's a bit longer than a zone and stays straight a good bit longer. Lucid Suspect goes dead straight into the wind with very little fade. With no wind it fades more, but still not what you'd expect from the numbers. I also carry a classic blend Suspect. Definitely more overstable than the Lucid. It also sticks wherever it lands. Virtually no skip. These are really very different discs with completely different roles in my bag.

Lucid Verdict is by far my most overstable. Great in the wind, super reliable. Next is a DyeMax (fuzion). Still overstable, still great in the wind, but has a more forward fade and glides longer. Great disc for sweeping hyper lines. Am Worlds Moonshine is the least stable of mine. Straight for most of it's flight, but still a solid fade at the end. This is the one that may leave the bag as it kind of overlaps with one of my Truths. All 3 are super reliable and I can really get on them and trust them to be consistent. It really surprised me, but they are the most thrown mid in my bag.

If you are looking for a zone like disc in the trilogy line up, it's the Harp by West Side. For me I'll just power down on a Trident or XXX for that spot.

Hope that helps!

Yes it did. It helped a lot. :D

I looked at the Harp too. I don't have a Westside in my bag yet,maybe it might be the Harp. Who knows. 8)

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:14 pm

I carry a Harp for now trying to see if there is room for it and a Suspect. I just don't know yet.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby JR » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:43 pm

One is a putter OS somewhat at my power in the late starting finish and the other is a mid also with a late starting fade at least in FR Lucid. With the few tosses with my GL looking plastic Suspect the fade is almost the same as with the FR but the HSS seems less. At my power/spin The Harp that Ville Piippo let me try and my suspects flew to different distances on fairly similar lines. I'd say that the Harp is akin to a Prodiscus Jokeri that has some of the fade removed but not the HSS. But i am not saying that the Harp is as HSS just yet because i have not thrown it in real winds at all.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:21 pm

JR wrote:One is a putter OS somewhat at my power in the late starting finish and the other is a mid also with a late starting fade at least in FR Lucid. With the few tosses with my GL looking plastic Suspect the fade is almost the same as with the FR but the HSS seems less. At my power/spin The Harp that Ville Piippo let me try and my suspects flew to different distances on fairly similar lines. I'd say that the Harp is akin to a Prodiscus Jokeri that has some of the fade removed but not the HSS. But i am not saying that the Harp is as HSS just yet because i have not thrown it in real winds at all.

I ended up going ahead and ordering a Suspect. Not sure if it will kick my Zone out of the bag or not. I just wanted to see If I liked it better.

After throwing both the Judge and Truth I've been digging the Dynamic Discs stuff. Truth is my favorite disc now. :D

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Return to Equipment