Core Confusion

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Core Confusion

Postby RebelZero » Fri May 09, 2014 10:58 am

I managed to snag 2 Truths - one Lucid and one Biofuzion. Barely got to throw them yesterday but they seem a tad too stable for dead straight. The Fuzion is more stable than the Lucid but I'm wondering if they'll break in to dead straight. In Bounds lists the Truth as stable as the Pain. Is that about right? I've been using the Pain in my over stable slot but I thought the Truth would be more of a laser.
RebelZero
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:01 am

Have you deflashed them? There might be flashing(excess plastic) on the very bottom of the rim. If so, rub that off and they should straighten out. In any case, Truths shouldn't be dead straight, there will be some fade.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby RebelZero » Fri May 09, 2014 11:19 am

I'll give it a shot.
RebelZero
Noob

Postby discspeed » Fri May 09, 2014 11:26 am

Let's not forget that the Buzzz changed. The FR mold was a superior flyer in just about all respects, and of course that FR plastic was also super tasty (and never really to be seen again). Discraft had to scrap that mold because something about how the shoulder transitioned to the top caused an inordinate amount of them to end up puddle topped. The second run they used some molding technique to combat this and many ended up domey. The new mold produced consistent flat tops, but imo they just have never flown the same. They aren't as straight, they aren't as wind resistant, and they don't hold annies as well.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:42 am

That's interesting, because my current Z Wasp is puddle topped. Love the way it flies!
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby RebelZero » Fri May 09, 2014 12:04 pm

That's certainly a frustrating aspect of this sport. Getting used to the way a disc is, learning to love it and really work it. And then have the next run be different enough to mess it all up.
RebelZero
Noob

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:23 pm

When you can find discs you use that are nearly identical to one another, grab them. Likely from the same run. Of course this only applies to brick and mortar stores, online is a crapshoot. I'll pick up a stack of the same discs at a store and compare them closely, dome, PLH, etc. Either by comparing to others in the stack, or by memory for ones I already have.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby keltik » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:15 am

Well the word on the street now is that the Core is going OOP and being replaced by the Claymore. I liked the Core. I still have a stack and toy with the notion of bagging them permanently. the problem for me is the Leopard. I can get the same lines and distance out of both but the leopard can go about 50 feet farther if I completely nut it.

My experiences pretty much match everyone else's here. It is now really hard to pick a setup.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Previous

Return to Equipment