Low fade midranges

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Low fade midranges

Postby Yig » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:31 pm

U guys are too damn technical. :shock:

Not really.

I mentioned that I got a Warship a few posts back. I would not put it in this category unless it is thrown on a low line drive.

Seems a bit understable with a fair amount of fade. It is certainly not a replacement for a Mako3.

Of course this is just my opinion.

I wish I could find a disc that flew like my old Champ cobra (flat topped) but had less fade. :(

Mako3 is close, but is certainly domier and to me was a one trick pony , meaning BH only.

My old Champ Cobra is a workhorse, I can throw it BH, FH, OH, and it just works. If only it had less fade. :?

...............................Blake
DX Birdie 175g, Opto Pure 170g, VIP Warship 168g, DX Leopard 146g, Medium Trak 157g, Medium Lace 163g, RHBH , RHFH , RHOH

Just friggin do it.
Yig
Noob

Favorite Disc: Old Champ Cobra

Postby Stringbean » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:27 am

That's how I use my Super Stingrays. The knock on those is the terrible flashing on the bottom of the rim. I have a CFR star super stingray that is board flat with a high PLH. The shallow rim of the Super Stingray makes it easy to forehand. Look for a flat one and you may have a nice replacement for your Cobra.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby JR » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Wow mine has a good deal of dome so color me surprised about flat ones. How do the flight paths differ? It is sad that there is so much dome difference. I saw a flat topped after the shoulder pro Beast yesterday. Each of mine are domey even in the middle. The shoulders are different too. So not great consistency even compared to what they have done in previous years.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment