Who's throwing Neutron?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Who's throwing Neutron?

Postby JR » Tue May 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Which is why you pick the tool for the work. If a tacky version of the Axis and the Tangent is made i am set all year round. So the only minced thing is your brain.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BentElbow11 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Stop trolling my thread, you clueless hypocrite.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Tue May 06, 2014 10:50 pm

Insults and stupidity gains you which positive things? Please go away and rethink your life. Learn to live and be a positive influence on the world please.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby BentElbow11 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:06 pm

You complain of insults after going ballistic in that other thread in the "Bag" section? Are you completely insane? Or just a sociopath?
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Wed May 07, 2014 6:08 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Tangent. A very unique flyer. You want to throw an approach shot on a line and have zero deviation with a nice soft flat landing? Tangent!
For me: "Need to throw a putter shot, but longer/on a lower line? Tangent!"

One of the best mids I've thrown, though I do still prefer a D-MD2 or a Z Comet for the slot that my pink Neutron Tangent would otherwise fill. Still, a great disc, and an especially great one for one disc rounds. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby BentElbow11 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:29 pm

jubuttib wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Tangent. A very unique flyer. You want to throw an approach shot on a line and have zero deviation with a nice soft flat landing? Tangent!
For me: "Need to throw a putter shot, but longer/on a lower line? Tangent!"

One of the best mids I've thrown, though I do still prefer a D-MD2 or a Z Comet for the slot that my pink Neutron Tangent would otherwise fill. Still, a great disc, and an especially great one for one disc rounds. =)

Chose not to comment on Neutron grip, I see. Didn't want to wake Shrek?
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby discspeed » Fri May 09, 2014 7:10 am

Maybe he just doesn't want to splatter any more diarrhea onto whats left of DGR. This thread is embarrassing...Especially considering someone interested in the topic of the thread could be directed here by a search engine, only to find this. As a universal internet forum truth, however smooth a snarky comment sounds in your head as you are typing in the heat of a flame war, in the end you just look like an asshole to everyone else reading (regardless of who is "right"). Since there is not really any moderation here I feel obligated to pass on this little nugget after a decade of dg forum experience (and yes, I learned this the hard way after embarrassing myself a few times).

Anyway, I love Neutron plastic. Some of my N discs have felt slick when new, but with age they have gotten grippier. Also, the MVP brothers even told me that plastics come out of brand new molds a little slicker, and as the mold gets "broken in" the micro amount of wear actually imparts some microtexture into the plastic surface that can give more grip (which is why some discs molded using the same plastic can end up feeling different). This is just one of the myriad of factors that can end up influencing what a disc feels like on the shelf.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:25 am

This was a legitimate thread that I created, and that was then trolled by you-know-who, with the insults originating with that same person(see very top of this page). I was merely asking why he didn't comment on Neutron grip, since it's what the thread is about. Are we now not supposed to go there for fear of some ogre who's out of control here?

New discs also have oil residues from the molding process that can make them slick. A quick wash in soap and water gets rid of it. This is particularly evident when you're writing in ink on a new disc(name and # on the back, for example), the ink has a hard time sticking.

As for Neutron, I've handled dozens at a time in different MVP molds that were new and on the shelf in stores, and they're all very consistent in feel. Oh, and with excellent grip, IMO. Can't say the same for Proton though.
Last edited by BentElbow11 on Fri May 09, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby discspeed » Fri May 09, 2014 9:06 am

Another grip factor with Neutron is that there are two types of colorants they use and they change the feel of the plastic. MVP buys different colored pellets which they mix to get their different colors. These pellets are semi-translucent. To make the white and other pastels they mix an opaque white pellet in. I think the white pellets add to the grip and that the white/pastels have slightly better grip on average. You can see the difference if you hold your N discs up to a light...The ones with the white pellets will let much less light through.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:14 am

This is good to know, thanks. And yes, I've found the same thing with different blends(colors). I applaud all the disc mfgrs for being able to achieve a high level of grip on their plastics, especially premium plastics.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sat May 10, 2014 7:28 am

Discspeed where is the microporous situation of the Tangent mold now? I have an early run non opaque green. I had not heard anyone mention mold release agent residue issues with MVP before. I need to citrus wash mine to see if it makes a difference. The discs i have in the same green Neutron are in pristine condition. Maybe i need to introduce some scratches and such from visiting a rocky course. Thus far i have shyed away from using soft overmold discs on that course from fear of getting them sliced on glass shards.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat May 10, 2014 8:15 am

JR wrote:Discspeed where is the microporous situation of the Tangent mold now? I have an early run non opaque green. I had not heard anyone mention mold release agent residue issues with MVP before. I need to citrus wash mine to see if it makes a difference. The discs i have in the same green Neutron are in pristine condition. Maybe i need to introduce some scratches and such from visiting a rocky course. Thus far i have shyed away from using soft overmold discs on that course from fear of getting them sliced on glass shards.

For sure give your disc a soap bath JR. I do this for all my discs. it gets rid of that new slick feeling that many new discs have. Also don't forget to give them a wash every now and then as the elements(dirt and so on) will make them a bit slick again.
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby BentElbow11 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:11 pm

JR wrote:Discspeed where is the microporous situation of the Tangent mold now? I have an early run non opaque green. I had not heard anyone mention mold release agent residue issues with MVP before. I need to citrus wash mine to see if it makes a difference. The discs i have in the same green Neutron are in pristine condition. Maybe i need to introduce some scratches and such from visiting a rocky course. Thus far i have shyed away from using soft overmold discs on that course from fear of getting them sliced on glass shards.

Way to go Discspeed!! Now you've got him confused again and trying to hyper-analyze the inside of MVP molds. This is just unbelievable! Why don't you tell him the "microporous situation" is well along, and he'll run out and buy one. :roll:

Don't feed the dragon.

And, yeh, I posted here...I started this thread, and the purpose was to get an idea of how people feel about Neutron grip. Not to have the village idiot come in first with insults and then pure nonsense. When will it end!

You want me to back off and not be an "asshole", as you put it? The alternative is having JR continue to spread his garbage all around this forum. And don't tell me you don't know it's the truth. Anybody who's been here any amount of time knows it.

Yes, new people looking at this, indeed. They won't know which way is up after they read his moronic posts that turn everything upside down and go against all convention in disc golf...and with the air of authority, that's the really scary part. Someone needs to stop the madness! If you don't want me to, get the mods to step in and put him back in his box.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sun May 11, 2014 3:04 am

Funnily enough the above post count of bents is 420 when i read it.

Uncle damn i forgot i had washed it already and it was not enough to see a difference. So rocks treatment seems to be the way to go even with the risk of slashing the overmold. Which might not be a bad thing if i need to replace it with one with a grippier coloring agent and less shiny surface. Swan2 certainly has alot of tackiness difference in black vs other colors and the owner of Westside said to me he does not know exactly why but he had come across the phenomenon before.

To double check i will wash my Tangent once more later when i get the time. Vibram had issues with mold release agents and it took a lot of rinsing and repeating with citrus wash to remove it completely for insane addition in grip. Considering the grip tests of x link i am not holding my breath for anything as major in plastic vs rubber. Especially when i have already washed it.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun May 11, 2014 7:13 pm

JR wrote:Funnily enough the above post count of bents is 420 when i read it.

Uncle damn i forgot i had washed it already and it was not enough to see a difference. So rocks treatment seems to be the way to go even with the risk of slashing the overmold. Which might not be a bad thing if i need to replace it with one with a grippier coloring agent and less shiny surface. Swan2 certainly has alot of tackiness difference in black vs other colors and the owner of Westside said to me he does not know exactly why but he had come across the phenomenon before.

To double check i will wash my Tangent once more later when i get the time. Vibram had issues with mold release agents and it took a lot of rinsing and repeating with citrus wash to remove it completely for insane addition in grip. Considering the grip tests of x link i am not holding my breath for anything as major in plastic vs rubber. Especially when i have already washed it.

Yeah giving them that bath every once in a while helps a lot. I find doing it once a month helps out. Citrus wash is ok,but also remember there is citrus oil in a lot of those. So that could also cause the disc to keep a slicker type surface. I use Lava Soap.

I usually use a Microfiber Towel just to make sure i don't scuff the surface up.
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment