Who's throwing Neutron?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Who's throwing Neutron?

Postby jubuttib » Sun May 11, 2014 8:03 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:
jubuttib wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Tangent. A very unique flyer. You want to throw an approach shot on a line and have zero deviation with a nice soft flat landing? Tangent!
For me: "Need to throw a putter shot, but longer/on a lower line? Tangent!"

One of the best mids I've thrown, though I do still prefer a D-MD2 or a Z Comet for the slot that my pink Neutron Tangent would otherwise fill. Still, a great disc, and an especially great one for one disc rounds. =)
Chose not to comment on Neutron grip, I see. Didn't want to wake Shrek?
Ah sorry, I forgot that bit while I was reading the thread and for some reason my mind was pulled to Neutron Tangents and how they fly. So sorry. =)

Anyway, yes, I do throw Neutron quite extensively in the form of my ION and Anode putters, and I don't consider them to be too slick. Most plastics tend to be somewhat slick to me though, what with my dry and slippery hands. There is a difference though when comparing to really sticky stuff like the softer Millennium or Gateway plastic, but I've been throwing IONs and Anodes so long that I think those are way too grippy and tend to stick too much.

So yeah, I throw Neutron a lot, and don't think it's too slick.

And now, STOP IT. Seriously, both of you. Don't care in the slightest who started it, I just wish that either or both of you would end it. If you have a beef with each other then please for the sake of the rest of us take it to private messages, but I actually LIKE reading these forums (though have been very busy with other, non-disc forums during the winter season, but I'm getting back now that discing times are here again), and this sort of shit belongs to DGCR, if even there.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:16 pm

Did you know that the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster? That's what I've heard anyways. :lol:
Tern|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Comet|Suspect|Judge|Wizard|Magic

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback, and fair enough on the other stuff.
Last edited by BentElbow11 on Tue May 13, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sun May 11, 2014 11:54 pm

UncleBrother2001 wrote:
JR wrote:Funnily enough the above post count of bents is 420 when i read it.

Uncle damn i forgot i had washed it already and it was not enough to see a difference. So rocks treatment seems to be the way to go even with the risk of slashing the overmold. Which might not be a bad thing if i need to replace it with one with a grippier coloring agent and less shiny surface. Swan2 certainly has alot of tackiness difference in black vs other colors and the owner of Westside said to me he does not know exactly why but he had come across the phenomenon before.

To double check i will wash my Tangent once more later when i get the time. Vibram had issues with mold release agents and it took a lot of rinsing and repeating with citrus wash to remove it completely for insane addition in grip. Considering the grip tests of x link i am not holding my breath for anything as major in plastic vs rubber. Especially when i have already washed it.

Yeah giving them that bath every once in a while helps a lot. I find doing it once a month helps out. Citrus wash is ok,but also remember there is citrus oil in a lot of those. So that could also cause the disc to keep a slicker type surface. I use Lava Soap.

I usually use a Microfiber Towel just to make sure i don't scuff the surface up.

I use microfiber towels too and need to scuff up mine by throwing them in a rocky course. It is against the rules to sand the disc for a matte top. So it is a good thing that the mold wears to something else than glass finish. I did not feel the disc to get slicker with citrus wash. The discs that i have are not dirty or covered in skin oil
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Sun May 11, 2014 11:57 pm

Jub i have ignored him for a few days already. I am happy that he accepts reality from you though. Maybe one day he gains a wider picture of the variances in discs and throwing technique differences and what it means to flight.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby BentElbow11 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:56 am

The "reality" is that he agrees with me that Neutron is not slick, in direct contradiction to what you've been saying about Neutron grip.

Man oh man!...
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Mon May 12, 2014 8:34 am

JR wrote:Jub i have ignored him for a few days already. I am happy that he accepts reality from you though. Maybe one day he gains a wider picture of the variances in discs and throwing technique differences and what it means to flight.
Glad that you stopped once, but you're starting it again, please don't start it again. For my sake, pretty please?

@BentElbow, I'll further clarify that I don't think it's too slick, but it's also not by any means the grippiest premium I've thrown (that'll probably go to Prodiscus, their plastic seems to agree with my slick hands). It's a good average level of grip, and definitely usable for me (if it wasn't I wouldn't use it). And people have very different hands anyway, I'm sure there are many people who would consider it too slick, seeing as there are people who consider any premium plastic too slick.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby BentElbow11 » Mon May 12, 2014 11:40 am

jubuttib,

It's not the grippiest I've thrown either, but it does have excellent grip that's better than most, IMO. Reminds me of GL, glossy and grippy. Nuff said.

Now, as for the other unfortunate stuff that has permeated more than one thread here re Neutron grip:

JR simply cannot accept an objective discussion of Neutron, because HE has a big problem with the grip of his Neutron plastic. We've been told by him that the grip "sucks ass", and that a towel can't adequately dry Neutron...among other things. I mean, come on, you've got a bunch of different discs in your bag on a wet day, and a towel will dry all of them except the Neutron discs? It's bullsh*t. You're supposed to agree with that or risk a meltdown complete with insults and accusations? I don't think so. Go back and read the posts in Uncle's "bag" thread if you haven't already. It's all right there.

If you have any sway with him, get him to stop. I didn't create this thread for JR to troll it too.
Last edited by BentElbow11 on Mon May 12, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Sorry for talking about sunshine coming out of a PD's butthole in a Neutron Plastic thread. :silent: .... :lol:

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby JTdisc » Mon May 12, 2014 7:36 pm

UncleBrother2001 wrote:Sorry for talking about sunshine coming out of a PD's butthole in a Neutron Plastic thread. :silent: .... :lol:

Well, it worked.

I ordered a P-PD and an S-PD to start breaking in. I already have the C-PD which will hopefully retain it's over-stability.
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Escape

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:38 pm

JTdisc wrote:
UncleBrother2001 wrote:Sorry for talking about sunshine coming out of a PD's butthole in a Neutron Plastic thread. :silent: .... :lol:

Well, it worked.

I ordered a P-PD and an S-PD to start breaking in. I already have the C-PD which will hopefully retain it's over-stability.

Awesome. :lol:

The C-PD will keep that Overstability for a long time. Take it from someone who threw it at a smooth concrete floor over and over to break it in.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Mon May 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Depends on the run of C it is from. I got some really nice looking pearly ones from last year and they were roughly -1/3 out of the box. Very "speed 10 Eagle" type flight. Don't have that high hopes for them keeping their stability in the long run, but that's OK, I need more workable PDs.

Now the flat CFR runs though, those have stayed overstable for years and years...
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Mon May 12, 2014 8:24 pm

jubuttib wrote:Depends on the run of C it is from. I got some really nice looking pearly ones from last year and they were roughly -1/3 out of the box. Very "speed 10 Eagle" type flight. Don't have that high hopes for them keeping their stability in the long run, but that's OK, I need more workable PDs.

Now the flat CFR runs though, those have stayed overstable for years and years...

Not sure what run mine is,but it is a bit flat,but also has just a bit of dome,but not much. It retains it's overstableness really well. I just be really smooth with it and I always know it's going to end left or in a Headwind fly really straight and fade,that is a beefy headwind mind you. i'm like you i like the workable PD's. My P-PD's are just right for my arm strength in the workable category.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Tue May 13, 2014 12:47 am

jubuttib wrote:
JR wrote:Jub i have ignored him for a few days already. I am happy that he accepts reality from you though. Maybe one day he gains a wider picture of the variances in discs and throwing technique differences and what it means to flight.
Glad that you stopped once, but you're starting it again, please don't start it again. For my sake, pretty please?

@BentElbow, I'll further clarify that I don't think it's too slick, but it's also not by any means the grippiest premium I've thrown (that'll probably go to Prodiscus, their plastic seems to agree with my slick hands). It's a good average level of grip, and definitely usable for me (if it wasn't I wouldn't use it). And people have very different hands anyway, I'm sure there are many people who would consider it too slick, seeing as there are people who consider any premium plastic too slick.

Read the all quiet on the western front thread for my motivations. I am not about to nit pick his mistakes i know what his mistakes are and so should any experienced player and much more so dgr readers. Because we have more info than most of variances in discs manufacturing tricks plastic blends technique details etc. I am a little disappointed in the sensitivity of the bs sensors of guys on this site considering how basic info has not been used to trigger alarms.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Tue May 13, 2014 4:48 am

Am i happy or what? It was a few degrees warmer than the N Tangent got too slippery for me last year when dry. This time there was very light on and off rain and i did not bring a towel to field practice on purpose. So i just wiped it on the sleeve of my jacket and that left the disc a little moist at times. My skin was not the driest that it has been but close. I think i hsd something like 8-9 month pause between the last time i threw the Tangent and today and it had been stored in front of a window during last summer for UV treatment. Less than Climo style which is letting the discs sit on the lawn for months in FL. It was told here that it makes the discs tackier. The Tangent feels grippier now and i foresee no grip troubles until throwing in a downpour or when the temps fall below 50 F. Since it flies so well and now the grip is good for much of the most active part of the season it needs practice rounds but it looks like it is getting bagged. The Classic Warden i loved on my rocky home course in the first two rounds got pretty bad looking damage although it flues like new. The Tangent should last a lot longer provided i do not get unlucky with glass shards and the overmold. The only flight advantage that the Warden has is that it is easier to make follow an early curve on the fairway. Which is a few drives on my home course. For base plastic the Classic Warden is on the slick side and the good soft broke in fast so i will return to my soft x Banger gt in bad weather. But as a summer disc i have no trouble with the n Tangent now. I did not wash it before throwing it so it got a wash almost a year ago the last time. Followed by isopropyl alcohol wipe that at the time was barely detectable.

I can only guess what made the disc tackier around GL Star TP class vs the original hard slick clear Champ or a tick slicker. Was it UV citrus wash alcohol wipe natural break down of mold release agent if present or what. I would like the process to be quicker and repeatable but i have no idea how to repeat the procesd. Of course if the mold makes replacements slightly matte instead of piano finish i might be fine as is. IDK i have not fondled new ones. I gotta try my n Axis later to see if it has become tackier too. It did not get ad much UV but got the citrus wash isopropyl treatment the same time.

Overall i am very happy because now that Tangent can cover a significant enough part of the year to justify carrying it. The local shop does not carry durable versions of the Warden and at least in Judge BioFuzion is on the iffy side for me and my x link Sole has dried to become a little too slick and the last two can stick to my index finger on harder tosses especially annies because i need to squeeze hard to avoid slips. So the competition is good and seasonal save for the less hss Banger GT. Flight wise the Warden is the closest just shorter and more versatile by a bit. Those two are the best overall and without testing in hard rain i am sceptical about the grip of the c Warden so now that most grip issues are past with the Tangent i am happy about it being the best late spring summer and early fall putter grip and flight albeit longer and faster disc i have tried for lasers. It is likely easy enough to learn to throw in tighter turns but if memory serves the Warden is more forgiving to hyzer angle mistakes being the most forgiving putter for that i can think of of versatile discs. Only meat hooks can compete there. Yet the Tangent rules being able to handle putter drive and mid drive duties of the shorter kind. 320' rear wind laser today on a lowish line. Maybe eight feet apex. Add to that a longer straight disc like Stalker and wow. Which makes mecwant to try the Truth even more as a longer compliment to the Tangent for straight shots. I love the n Axis flight so it could complement the Tangent and the Truth for more fade. Wasp glo z Buzz and Mace etc being the competition for a hair beefier support disc for winds and tighter turns. I will have nice tests in shootouts between mids to change my bag with the likely inclusion of the Tangent. The real head scratcher is the decision of whether or not to carry the Warden also.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment