The Truth

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

The Truth

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Can you handle it? :P

Anyways, This is by far my Favorite and furthest throwing Midrange I have ever used. Right now I have a Lucid Truth and it is just very Straight with good Fade. It is very easy to Forehand this disc as 90% of the forehands I throw with it are so smooth for me.

The Craziest thing so far about this Midrange once I got use to it is the distance you can get with it. I'm talking Fairway Distances. I don't know if it's the combination of the speed and glide,but this thing Bombs. I've been getting them out to the 330ft to 340ft Range and it's actually became my Fairway Driver now. Weird,right?

Looking to get me a couple of Classic Truth's to break in so I can have one that is straight with hardly any fade and one that is good at Hyzeflips and turnovers.

Anyone else here like Dynamic Discs Truth?
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Re: The Truth

Postby RebelZero » Sun May 11, 2014 1:08 am

I just got two: a Lucid and a Biofuzion. So far, I've only thrown them a couple times each. I'm used to slightly more neutral midrange like Cores and Buzzzes but I think I'm going to like the Truth. Whether or not I can handle it is another story.

The Fuzion is definitely more stable than the Lucid. I think I'm going to follow your lead and order two Classics to break in. Should be a fun experiment.

To the Truth!
RebelZero
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby JTdisc » Sun May 11, 2014 3:01 pm

I have three lucids just in case I lose one or can't get one in the weight I want. Beautiful disc with straight flights with some but not too much fade. Very reliable forehand and backhand. I can throw some nice anhyzers and turnover shots with it too and know that it will flatten out and sit nicely. All in all it's my most precise disc. The scary part is how far it goes and how close it is to a fairway.

It can turn a bit with a strong crosswind, and on those days I use the Verdict. I've been thinking of trying a fuzion Truth just to see how they fly, but I really like my lucid Verdict/Truth combo. Also thinking about beating in a classic to replace my Meteor/Fuse.
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Escape

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Nice.

Good to hear that others like the Truth as much as I do. :D

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby RebelZero » Sun May 11, 2014 9:09 pm

It can turn a bit with a strong crosswind, and on those days I use the Verdict. I've been thinking of trying a fuzion Truth just to see how they fly, but I really like my lucid Verdict/Truth combo. Also thinking about beating in a classic to replace my Meteor/Fuse.

The first hole I threw my new Truth had a strong crosswind. It made the Lucid pretty flippy but the Biofuzion cut through it and parked its sweet self. I'm still using a Fuse as my understable but I think beating up a Classic Truth might be a good idea for minimalism. How's the Verdict? I'm currently pairing the Truth with a Wasp.
RebelZero
Noob

Postby JR » Mon May 12, 2014 12:15 am

RebelZero wrote:I just got two: a Lucid and a Biofuzion. So far, I've only thrown them a couple times each. I'm used to slightly more neutral midrange like Cores and Buzzzes but I think I'm going to like the Truth. Whether or not I can handle it is another story.

The Fuzion is definitely more stable than the Lucid. I think I'm going to follow your lead and order two Classics to break in. Should be a fun experiment.

To the Truth!

What do you mean by more neutral? How do the Truths in different plastics turn and fade vs flat z Buzzes? I prefer the hss of Buzzes in z and better yet the more wind resistant glos and the more os examples of tis. What i would love is to have at least z Buzz hss with less lss. Does any Truth work that way?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JTdisc » Mon May 12, 2014 6:12 am

RebelZero wrote: How's the Verdict? I'm currently pairing the Truth with a Wasp.
The Verdict is a nice compliment to the Truth. I like it because it feels good in the hand and I really like the lucid plastic. It's probably going to fly nearly identical to your Wasp, so I think it's just a matter of personal preference which you like best.
JTdisc
Noob

Postby RebelZero » Mon May 12, 2014 7:38 am

What do you mean by more neutral? How do the Truths in different plastics turn and fade vs flat z Buzzes? I prefer the hss of Buzzes in z and better yet the more wind resistant glos and the more os examples of tis. What i would love is to have at least z Buzz hss with less lss. Does any Truth work that way?

I think Buzzzes and Cores are straight fliers, pretty much arrows. The Truth is more stable than either of them. More HSS and definitely more LSS. My Lucid isn't as stable as my Fuzion but it doesn't have any turn and still has a healthy fade. I haven't worked extensively with it yet but if you're looking for more HSS than a Buzzz it's got you covered. However, if you also want less LSS this isn't it. The Lucid fades more than my Glow Z Buzzz.
RebelZero
Noob

Postby RebelZero » Mon May 12, 2014 9:38 am

Here's a pretty accurate review of the Truth that accords with my limited experience.

http://allthingsdiscgolf.com/dynamic-di ... th-review/

If it's not raining when I get out of work around 3 I'm going to go test it more extensively.
RebelZero
Noob

Postby andrew » Mon May 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Okay so I've never thrown a Truth, but the guy I play rounds with most does- and loves it. Out of his hand, it seems to hold a line well but can be finicky in the wind. I throw a Z Buzzzz for the similar slot.... A couple weeks ago we played a one disc short course in somewhat but by no means extreme swirly winds and my Buzzz was an obvious advantage over his Truth. I could just throw straight with fade over and over, with the occasional slight turn in headwind and hyzer-line with hyzer release. Meanwhile, he struggled to find the route of Truth, even though he had just played a Truth-only 18 hole course a few days prior.

The Truth might be more like a Comet, but it is certainly not a Buzzz, and neither more stable or overstable (which I think the previous poster intended) than a Buzzz.
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:06 pm

@ Andrew

Just to set things straight. Not trying to argue or anything.

The Truth is no way like a Comet. I've thrown a Comet off and on for many years so I have a lot of experience with one.

A Comet is more of a Neutral/Understable Mid where a Truth is more of a stable/slightly overstable Mid. In my opinion the Truth is a upgrade over the Buzzz and a whole lot better too. That is pretty much why Eric McCabe throws one. He said it was a more stable buzzz and I agree 100% with him.

Your friend either has some OAT in his throw or is throwing a beat up Classic Truth. This is just an assumption of how your friends disc was acting by the way.

Not trying to disrespect your Buzzz or anything,just going by my experience with both discs.
Last edited by UncleBrother2001 on Mon May 12, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby JTdisc » Mon May 12, 2014 7:45 pm

andrew wrote:The Truth might be more like a Comet, but it is certainly not a Buzzz, and neither more stable or overstable (which I think the previous poster intended) than a Buzzz.

That's interesting, but that is not my experience at all. I wonder if your friend has an outlier of a Truth, or a really beat in one.

My Lucid Truth's have all been straighter than a Z Buzzz, definitely a tick more overstable. Not a lot, but enough to notice. I can really crank on them too and get very good distance.
JTdisc
Noob

Postby andrew » Mon May 12, 2014 8:12 pm

Well, haven't thrown a Truth. I guess I can borrow a few and report back.... The only reason McCabe doesn't throw a Buzzz is because he switched sponsors, duh.

JTdisc wrote:My Lucid Truth's have all been straighter than a Z Buzzz, definitely a tick more overstable.

I'm sure after re-reading this you will realize it makes no sense. Stable means straight, whereas overstable means tends to pull left on RHBH throw, aka not straight/stable.

Edit: Not certain but think he was throwing a newish Classic Truth. Can't speak for his form but seemed, as an observer, to have a fair amount of turn.
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Mon May 12, 2014 8:26 pm

He switched sponsors because he knew the Truth was better :P :lol:

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby RebelZero » Mon May 12, 2014 8:36 pm

I have a confession to make, Uncle B: I can't, in fact, handle the Truth. I played a round today on our short course throwing pretty much all my mids on every hole. It's time for side-by-side comparisons this year, time to whittle it down, pick one and stay with one and get to know it inside and out.

So I tossed everything today. The Buzzz, Core, Roc, Wasp, and both the Lucid and Fuzion Truth. While I do like certain aspects of all those discs, I have ruled out the Truth. It's too damn long. As you've mentioned, it comes close to being a fairway driver. I was overthrowing holes that I had just parked with a Buzzz or a Wasp. I'm sure I'd get it dialed in over time but I don't think I like it enough to do that. It doesn't feel quite as good in my hand as some of the others so I'm ditching it.

Now all I have to do is sift through all the others. After playing with mostly Buzzzes for a couple years and then switching to the Core, I find myself liking the Roc more and more. I only know one thing for sure: the Fuse isn't going anywhere.
RebelZero
Noob

Next

Return to Equipment