The Truth

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Truth

Postby RebelZero » Mon May 19, 2014 9:54 am

Yeah, the fairway distance from this beast takes some getting used to. Do you also use a Roc for shorter midrange shots or do you power down a Truth? I've drilled some trees with both of mine the last few days. I'm hoping the Lucid will lose just a bit of its LSS. That'll allow me to more accurately power it down without the harder fade it gets at slower speeds. Right now I'm still bagging a Buzzz for shots I think I'll overthrow with the Truth. Maybe a Suspect would be good for that role.
RebelZero
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:48 pm

JR wrote:Does anyone know if classics tend to taco and do they lose hss to flip or lose lss or both as they wear? How quickly does it wear vs dx Roc? If some fade more than Buzzes i need to beat the lss out of them.

Hey man I'll let you know when I get mine. Gonna work with mine for a about a month of good use. Gonna do just Truth rounds to get them broke in faster and see how they fare.

It might be a little bit though,but I'm for sure gonna order a couple next month.
Tern|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Comet|Suspect|Judge|Wizard|Magic

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:54 pm

RebelZero wrote:Yeah, the fairway distance from this beast takes some getting used to. Do you also use a Roc for shorter midrange shots or do you power down a Truth? I've drilled some trees with both of mine the last few days. I'm hoping the Lucid will lose just a bit of its LSS. That'll allow me to more accurately power it down without the harder fade it gets at slower speeds. Right now I'm still bagging a Buzzz for shots I think I'll overthrow with the Truth. Maybe a Suspect would be good for that role.

I don't like powering down a Truth. It really does best for me when thrown really hard. It just shoots out of my hand like it's on a frozen rope then fades off at the end.

I use my Rocs for a Variety of shots. I use them for putter drives and all midrange shots under the 310ft mark.

I still drive with my Lucid Judge,but I've found it really excels for me on downhill drives around 280ft and under.

I watched a guy in a tourney throw the Suspect and it looked like a Roc on steroids in flight. It for sure had more fade and seemed to have little if no turn at all. This guy had some good power too.
Tern|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Comet|Suspect|Judge|Wizard|Magic

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby JTdisc » Tue May 20, 2014 5:29 am

I use a Lucid Suspect for shots where the Truth will go too far. The Suspect is a little more OS with a harder fade than the Truth, but I just factor that in to the line I take when throwing. Having the disc that goes the right distance is most important for me. I can usually tweak the lines enough to get it to go where I want (ideally).

If I need something even shorter I just go for the Lucid Judge.
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Escape

Postby RebelZero » Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm

JTdisc wrote:I use a Lucid Suspect for shots where the Truth will go too far. The Suspect is a little more OS with a harder fade than the Truth, but I just factor that in to the line I take when throwing. Having the disc that goes the right distance is most important for me. I can usually tweak the lines enough to get it to go where I want (ideally).

If I need something even shorter I just go for the Lucid Judge.

I picked up a Lucid Suspect today. It's definitely shorter than the Truth, maybe too short. DD website mentions it's kind of in between a putter and a mid. I'm sure it'll make a great touch disc but I'm not sure it's what I need. Maybe I just need to work at it a bit to get it out where I want it. Do you use a Verdict at all? It's glide is a tick less than the Truth; maybe it could fill in on shorter shots as well as slot into the overstable space in my bag.

I also got a Classic Blend Judge today. As a dedicated Wizard user it was a little painful. But, man...I just find myself liking DD more and more. Primarily because of the Truth which gets better each round I use it. I only teed off with the Judge once and it was money. Just like a lightly-beat Wizard. I putted with it once or twice but I was with a buddy and I didn't want to hold him up trying out all my new plastic.

Which included a Biofuzion Fugitive. I thought it might complement the Truth and be a more neutral, dead-straight mid. It was windy today, though, so I don't think I got a very accurate impression of its abilities. Overall it seems like maybe a beat Classic or Lucid Truth would be better than a Fugitive.
RebelZero
Noob

Postby JTdisc » Wed May 21, 2014 5:34 am

I do bag the Verdict as well as a Truth and Suspect. I use the Verdict for longer OS shots, when I need a Truth-like disc with more fade. It isn't quite as long as the Truth because of it's overstability, but to me they're in the same ballpark, whereas the Suspect is definitely shorter.

Judges are sweet. The blend plastic is nice.

I have a Fugitive but don't bag it. Between the Verdict, Truth, Meteor and Suspect I've got most lines covered and carrying a Fugitive too seemed like overkill. It's a nice disc with a little more of an S-curve flight than the Truth.
JTdisc
Noob

Postby RebelZero » Wed May 21, 2014 9:54 am

Yeah, I think I'll be bagging a pretty similar midrange lineup once the dust settles. Verdict, Suspect, Truth, and Fuse seem the likeliest candidates. Although I have a Gauge I'm trying out too for a neutral option.

But back to the Truth. I've never been a very good forehand player. I can muster one up every once in awhile when a turnover just won't work. But I can launch the Truth forehand. More of a flick than a true throw but I'm getting way better becaise of this disc's magic.
RebelZero
Noob

Postby JTdisc » Thu May 29, 2014 1:30 pm

My red 170 Lucid Truth is about a year old now and is starting to show a little bit of high speed turn. It doesn't have much fade at the end of it's flight. I was having a little trouble with it on some windy days.

I've got a brand new orange 170 Lucid Truth that has a tick more stability and a little more fade at the end. I'll have to try it out some day when there is a little wind, and I also ordered a 175 to test in the wind.

If there's ever a big wind, I'll reach for the Verdict, but for now I seeing if a new Truth will bring back that dead straight flight.
JTdisc
Noob

Postby JR » Thu May 29, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks that is crucial data. Only if someone could tell the same of softer versions.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby RebelZero » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:42 pm

So after a few weeks of playing with the Truth I have some insights. First off, I love this disc. With a good rip I'm putting it out to about 320'. Considering I'm getting Teebirds to about 350', the Truth is becoming almost a fairway driver for me, like it is for Uncle B. I've also bagged a Verdict but I haven't used it much considering how stable the Truth is. If it's a bit windy for the Lucid version, I pull out the Biofuzion and it's money. The Verdict is good for big OS shots, though.

I've been working a Classic Truth for about two weeks now and I have to say I don't like it much. My home courses are heavily wooded and I've tacoed many a Roc trying to cycle them. I like Rocs quite a bit but, as soon as I get attached to one, I drill a tree at 100mph and it turns into a canoe. I'm having the same trouble with the Classic Truth. It's not as long as the Lucid and I thought I could beat it in well but today I smashed it into the bark and it's a mess. The rim bent down and even though I bent it back it's not the same.

I've also kept the Gauge in the bag for dead straight shots and I'm starting to like it. Much more so than the Fugitive or Classic Truth. It's Icon plastic and it feels great in the hand and can take a beating. I think I'll hold on to it.

So right now here's how my mid lineup is looking:

Lucid Verdict - OS shots, heavy wind
Biofuzion Truth - decent wind, long flex shots, long straight shots with good left finish
Lucid Truth - workhorse, long straight shots with mild left finish, almost fairway driver D
Icon Gauge - Dead. Nuts. Straight. Also works any line I put it on. Long hyzers or annies, it just holds the line.
GLine Fuse - anything to the right

I hesitate to include it in my mid lineup but I'm still bagging the Lucid Suspect, too. It's freaking fantastic but I use it as an approach/tweener disc. It's money when I need something stable, short, and precise. I've also fully converted from Wizards to Judges. I have a Classic for just putting, a Classic Blend Medium I'm beating in for turnovers, and I just got a Fuzion for drives and upshots. It's amazing. Pearly gray with the Huk Lab TriFly on it. Bomb.

So the Suspect/Gauge/Fuzion Judge combo is working great for the short, precise stuff. The Truth/Fuse combo will take care of the long stuff. Meanwhile, my 3 Teebirds are getting less and less play.
RebelZero
Noob

Postby andrew » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Was never impressed with one friend's max weight Fuzion Truth but just threw another friend's Lucid Air Truth and holy crap. Straighter Buzzz. Yes, I said it.
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Previous

Return to Equipment