Sorcerer or cheater?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Sorcerer or cheater?

Postby JR » Sun May 18, 2014 12:08 pm

You decide. Westside owner sold me a vip that is domier and more os than tp if i understood right. The numbers are off in the turn department it sure is not zero and Janne Penttilä said it turns some. There were winds and i was wasted after seven hours of mostly dg. So i was not exactly supplying full power and the discdid go 400' in rear wind with a flat release that turned a couple of degrees and faded very late and slowly. Considering the low fade for a disc that fast the skip is surprisingly non forward oriented although not as bad as a Destro. Into headwinds i gave it decently little additional hyzer and got it to only about 360'. I do not know how flippy flatter TPs are but the lower dome would likely help it penetrate farther into headwinds.

It looked like new mold Beasts that go faster and fade a hair earlier and surprisingly little harder. So Crank and Tern are the closest discs flight wise but the power requirement seems lower. So a 350' thrower will likely like it more than any other warp speeder. Hss is lower than with the Crank and around the same as the Champion Tern. Thrown front equally high to rear. In the winds here dropping the front lower made it too flippy and unpredictable. On distance lines higher than golf shots i was throwing front lower than rear throws will likely be filthy long. Especially with rear winds. The glide is very good for a fast disc and seemed better than with the Crank and the c Tern.

It is not a wind disc unless it comes from the rear quarter.

All of this is initial first day impression with few throws in adverse conditions and an exhausted thrower.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Sorcerer or cheater?

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:59 pm

How's the testing going?
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby JR » Sat May 24, 2014 11:57 am

Tits up so far. I auditioned 90 discs for fh in two weeks when i found some tricks to make my drives longer. Thus far i have not been able to train fh because of my hurt for life throwing arm. I took a half year off of throwing this winter and my arm felt problem free for two weeks of field tests including record distance. Then bam out of nowhere my arm got inflamed so i have to wait to be able to throw at all. My fingers swelled up today to look like wieners. It is hot here relative to normal temps.

The Sorcerer needs less power than any fast disc so it will be up for testing soon after i can throw safely again. I do not know how quick that will happen but i will report my findings asap.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Mon May 26, 2014 2:15 pm

The results stand after another windy day. I would not trust it with a few dozen throws under my belt in varying winds in tight holes. But it is ok in open areas that need an approach. It is not hard to learn to compensate for winds though. Like the more hss Crank it is less lss than big boy drivers but along with the Tern and the Crank they all fall shy of the Nuke and at least for some Boss and the fastest Lat/Westside stuff. With that said there is a lot of variation in the next longest class that the Sorcerer belongs to. None of these is really longer on average than the slower equally or less power hungry Beast that fades less and needs more height. The Sorcerer did not gain d from extra height for me so your nose angle, spin and speed may provide different results and i imagine that the situation is different in calm conditions. And with the thinner thus faster TP Sorcerers that should be less hss according to the owner of Westside Discs. So it benefits more from altitude in taming of the understability most likely. Unfortunately the tall VIP i have needs all i have for distance in windy conditions so the low power requirement for a speedy disc in VIP seems to apply only in mow wind conditions. I would like to know if the TP is less power hungry than the VIP across all conditions. If you throw 350' i would recommend the TP without throwing one. A 400'+ thrower may benefit from the higher yet a few degrees flipping hss. Fear not it is manageable at 420' longer disc power even in moderate winds. A more powerful thrower needs to hyzer flip a lot or betger yet a more dependable disc such as the World.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Return to Equipment