Old Valk?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Old Valk?

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu May 22, 2014 11:05 am

I'm travelling to see family and stopped in a PIAS to see what they had. Found what I think is an older Valk. Nothing is legible where the factory worker would have marked it. There are patent numbers, the old school *INNOVA FACTORY SECOND* stamp, and its flat with a zipper top. Looks like three or more people have owned it, but it's an 8/10 if you don't count the ink under the rim and the flight plate.

It looks like a Valk to me. I can't get a good profile shot. Assuming it is a Valk, is there a way to tell which run this is from?

Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Old Valk?

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Thu May 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Well all I know is that for all innova discs, except for a few putters, the patent number is exactly the same.

You can measure it and if the rim is 1.9cm you can bet it's a Valkyrie or a Viking.

not sure how to tell what run it is from. I've been playing for a long time,but I never really kept up with different runs when I first started. I'm sure there are others who would know more than me.
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby jubuttib » Thu May 22, 2014 5:40 pm

UncleBrother2001 wrote:You can measure it and if the rim is 1.9cm you can bet it's a Valkyrie or a Viking.
"If it's around 1.9 cm"... I've measured Destroyers to be anywhere from 21.0 to 21.3 cm depending on the run and the plastic.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu May 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Well I don't have calipers. I'm going off past experience with Valkyries, Beasts, etc.

Can this be worth more than 10 bucks? It feels like an old 11x Champ Teebird.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby andrew » Thu May 22, 2014 9:17 pm

Might be worth more than $10, but less than $20. Should be a great thrower, though.
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri May 23, 2014 12:56 am

andrew wrote:Might be worth more than $10, but less than $20. Should be a great thrower, though.

Yeah, it's a great thrower for sure. I'll probably end up keeping it. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have anything rare on my hands. I'm not up to date on stuff like that these days.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:04 pm

jubuttib wrote:
UncleBrother2001 wrote:You can measure it and if the rim is 1.9cm you can bet it's a Valkyrie or a Viking.
"If it's around 1.9 cm"... I've measured Destroyers to be anywhere from 21.0 to 21.3 cm depending on the run and the plastic.

Did I mean to say 19.0? I probably worded that wrong. I get all those numbers jumbled up a lot
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby jubuttib » Fri May 23, 2014 9:51 pm

UncleBrother2001 wrote:
jubuttib wrote:

Did I mean to say 19.0? I probably worded that wrong. I get all those numbers jumbled up a lot
Nah, I made a mistake, meant to write 2.1-2.3, not 21.0 to 21.3. I guess I was thinking of the diameter (21.2 cm) instead of the rim width (2.2 cm) for some reason. 1.9 cm is exactly right according to spec, but there can be so much variance in the discs that it could still possibly be a Valk even at 18 or 20. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Return to Equipment