Groove Mold Change?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Groove Mold Change?

Postby zeramant86 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:15 am

So I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed this or if they've thrown one. I bought 2 grooves a couple years ago, and the ones I have are very flat. little to no dome, and the wide rim section on the underside is more flat as well. In a local sporting goods shop this weekend, I noticed a brand new groove that was much domier, and generally shaped different than the ones I have. Does anyone have any experience throwing these, do they fly the same? I'm not particularly crazy about the feel of these new ones, and I'd really like to find another old one to replace the one that I lost a few months ago. So I guess my question is two part. Has anyone tried this new mold, and how did it work? Also, does anyone have an older style groove in good shape they want to get rid of? I've always heard about people talking about the grooves, and it seems to be they love it or they hate it. Personally, I love mine, I just wonder how these new ones vary.
My Bag
Blizzard Ape
Prodigy D3 400G
Champion Groove
Champion Destroyer
Champion Mamba
Champion Glow Valkyrie
Lat64 Saint Opto
DX Viking
Lat64 River Gold
Prodigy F2 Clear
Cheetah DX
Classic Roc R+
Champion Classic Aviar
Omega AP
Wizard SSS
DX Birdie
zeramant86
Noob

Favorite Disc: Innova Groove

Re: Groove Mold Change?

Postby keltik » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:58 pm

keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby JR » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:09 am

The above comes from the fact that most people could not care less about that mold. Dunno if it was disc variation and i got a better example than the others or the fact that Grooves early on at least did not like to be thrown nose up at all even in calm weather and they got raped by even slight headwinds if nose up by a degree. Throwing lower lasers nose flat into moderate headwinds was no problem for me and iirc only one other guy here wrote that his disc flew ok nose flat. So i must be the one with the least negative view of that disc on this forum. The claim to fame with that disc was that it was able to be produced in at least 159 in Champion before the advent of Blizzard and naturally the Groove is way more durable than Blizzes. Thrown hard and low nose flat it is a decently straight and long driver but not the master of anything really.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby zeramant86 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:25 am

Yeah, I know alot of people hate the grooves, but for me, it is by far my best disc. I don't have a monster arm, but my best throw on a local course is about 400-415 consistently. I bought 2 when I first got started, and lost the better one recently. I got a D3 to replace it, and I like it, but I still prefer the groove.
My Bag
Blizzard Ape
Prodigy D3 400G
Champion Groove
Champion Destroyer
Champion Mamba
Champion Glow Valkyrie
Lat64 Saint Opto
DX Viking
Lat64 River Gold
Prodigy F2 Clear
Cheetah DX
Classic Roc R+
Champion Classic Aviar
Omega AP
Wizard SSS
DX Birdie
zeramant86
Noob

Favorite Disc: Innova Groove

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:03 am

Probably not a different mold, I've seen massive changes come from just normal run to run variations in many discs.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Return to Equipment