Kneepads: SewFly

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Kneepads: SewFly

Postby loonybomber » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:23 am

I won a Sew Fly in a raffle.

SewFly won in a raffle, background, blue, logo partially obscured by tree.

Imagesewfly_gif

They have generic models like mine, with solid colors and what's probably a synthetic leather -- but I can't tell. They specialize in being able to rip out knee pads with whatever custom materials and patches you supply them with. Like these (SewFly Facebook page).

Now that I have one, I've become more and more attenuated to the fact that even on dry days there are places you can get soggy knees or worse if you don't have a kneepad or towel. The knee pad-cushion seems to work better than a towel.

The reason they are patentable is because they are aerodynamic knee pads -- an original design. Its soft and aerodynamic properties make them great for hard, fast, indoor practice.

I got the Second Life character Little Gray interested in it and he, or she, or whatever it is started making animated cartoon video ad for a SewFly knock-off (best viewed in HD).

ImageSnapshot_012_detail

That got me thinking, are there other manufactures of knee pads designed specifically for disc golf? I'm working slowly on a product review about SewFlys and was hoping I could compare them to something, or alternatively, be able to say with more authority they are incomparable.

Favorite Disc: worn rpro leopard

Re: Kneepads: SewFly

Postby loonybomber » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:14 am

There is something called a 'death putt' ... need to find out more about this .. .
loonybomber
Noob

Favorite Disc: worn rpro leopard

Return to Equipment