Innova Nova

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Innova Nova

Postby JR » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:35 am

I did not find a thread for this disc. Earlier this year i had stuffed my bag full of discs for field practice and the Nova got bent. Now months after i noticed that it had returned to original shape. It is 16C outside and the disc has been indoors for two months so i think it is warm enough despite the air blowing in form an open window to the disc stack from a couple of yards away. The XT plastic core of the Atlas is stiffer and much less tacky than it was when it was new so i am thinking rubber. It is pretty typical response for rubber to get drier, harder and slicker over time. The funny thing is that UV light might not have been as damaging as it would be normally when i am able to air out discs. I just tried moderate power throws after weeks of sick leave. Closer to two months actually.

I still have not thrown it enough to form my opinions but seeing as the disc returned to original shape and got slicker i need to start the tests from scratch. And of course i noticed the returning to form of my Nova only after i returned from throwing. Well something to look forward to i guess.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Innova Nova

Postby JR » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:59 am

I threw a round some days ago and got orzers from my doc to stop for over a month. In that round the drives flipped a couple of degrees ar full power just like new. When i first got mine i hit the top or the number plate inside the circle. So now i aimed lower inside the circle and normally outside and canned a huge percentage of throws. This thing glides a ton. There is a pretty regular fade so at mong ranges some right offset aiming is required about Aviarish. The tacky material helps the grip a ton. The locks between the materials may be too tightly spaced for large hands for four fingered power grips.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby money 21 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:44 pm

threw one of these the other flies like a lid.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby JR » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:27 am

Putts like a lid but drives like a normal disc golf putter. A good one at that. I do not know if it is individual variation or clenaliness of release issue but mine turns two degrees at full power and a Finnish player with more power than me does not turn his. He has larger paws than i do.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:09 am

I fondled a champ and star at a store today and boy are they stiffer than my XT. I heard of flat nice and apparently much more firm XT Rocs. Tasty. But so was the quite plus rimmed C Roc3 without a dome and high plh concave wing. I tested a used one like that thanks to Jalle Stoor and it was the best Roc i have thrown flight wise. Only the slickness deterred me along with having been sick so long that i need to be careful with investments. Got a gstar Daedalus though. Too few tosses and each one too low to know for sure but it did not feel like a turn 3 disc somewhat underpowered. I did not dare to rip at full power yet. I saw three Atlases two light green ones having the same shape as my EO2013 ones and a blue having more though a slight dome. So they vary.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Return to Equipment