Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby krusen » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:53 am

I bought a 169 ESP Surge with some of my winnings from a tourney last weekend.

I took it out to the field last night with a somewhat seasoned 171 Pro Wraith and a seasoned 172 X Avenger to compare it to.

It's a bit more stable than I expected. I had to put some anhyzer on it to get any kind of distance. (I max about 360' on a golf line) I was putting the wraith out the farthest of the three with a little anhyzer release. When I bought the Avenger I was throwing it dead straight with a little fade right out of the box.

I guess I would say that the Surge is very similar to the Wraith as far as I can tell. It sure moves a lot right to left during the fade, and will probably make a pretty good distance driver after some tough love.
Tree Magnet
Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby twmccoy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:42 am

I have a 174 ESP that is just like a wraith in terms of stability and glide. Very good disc and I wish I had a lighter one. Problem is these are rare and no one is throwing them in the lakes.

BTW, mine is first run, not sure if that means much.
Plastic Fondler

Postby Granduter » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:17 am

I have found my esp surge will fly a bit high speed understable for me, I don't remember my pro wraith doing that until it finally got beat a bit.
I prefer my surge though for distance over the wraith
Tree Magnet

Postby Tanner » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:31 pm

Lost my ESP surge today. Probably going to go out and buy a new one! I loved that disc. Mine went super fast and straight with a hard hook at the end. Well worth it.

Postby Amateur » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:01 am

I bought a 170g Z Surge at the last tourney I went to. I pretty much fell in love. It is the longest controlled distance disc I have ever thrown. You guys compare it to a Wraith, I have never been able to throw a Wraith like this. It has replaced my Avengers and Pro Starfire. For me, nothing is longer and still puts me in my 30ft circle.

What I love most about this disc is I can throw it dead nuts straight and it gently fades left at the end, I can throw big sweep hyzers, or I can throw a big ole S and have it turn exactly where I want it to.

I'm gushing now :oops: . I just haven't been this excited about any disc since I learned how to throw my Wizard.
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw
Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Arm Of Despair » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:57 am

I'm with you about the Z Surge Amateur. I recently bought an ESP Pulse and ESP Surge from Gotta Go, Gotta Throw, and they sent me a Z Surge (170) instead of the ESP. Not being one to quibble (and dieing to go throw new plastic), I went flying it and it is exactly as you stated, long and controllable. Is now my go-to driver.
Arm Of Despair

Return to Equipment