Ointment

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Ointment

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:30 pm

I hope this belongs here and not in the off topic section. What do y'all use for sore muscles?

I have something I got from a trainer that is commonly referred to as "heat". I don't know if a commercial variety exist.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Solty » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:03 pm

i played in 12 degree weather yesterday was sore from head to toe. I came home..showered...drank some hot tea...and followed up with two aleve and two magnesium tablets. Magnesium is supposedly mother natures nature pain blocker.

...no..i'm no doctor...but i did stay at a holiday inn once :lol:
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Smyith » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:04 pm

i dont use anything like that. if you are feeling sore its prolly b/c you didnt strech fully or properly before and after playing. [/u]
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:24 pm

Has nothing to do with stretching. That would be an injury. For those of us with day jobs that cannot get the repetition we would like, going out and doing 30 some holes will cause soreness.

Yeah, I know about Ibuprofin AND tea (I hope it was earl grey :D ).
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Smyith » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:18 pm

TexasOutlaw wrote:Has nothing to do with stretching. That would be an injury. For those of us with day jobs that cannot get the repetition we would like, going out and doing 30 some holes will cause soreness.

Yeah, I know about Ibuprofin AND tea (I hope it was earl grey :D ).

o i got a job. but just like in lifting and any other sport there is improper streching is the #1 cause of soreness. i just made a really good habit of finding the time to strech multiple times a day.

o and earl grey is the shit but also a huge fan of oolong (from the right company)
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Weebl » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:34 am

Stretching BEFORE and after a round helps heaps. Ibuprofin, glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM, Magnesium (helps with jaw clench too) and smiling the entire drive to the course. Smiling(even faking it) releases all those happy go-lucky nuero-chemicals that relax muscles, relax your mind and in general makes you enjoy life more.

P.S. Black Tea is the shit. Earl Grey and Golden Monkey...
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:07 am

Maybe I do need more stretching or am doing so incorrectly. Any place I can look up some stretches or any quick tips Y'all can pass on?

What company for the oolong, must try... All this talk about tea made me wake up and put on a kettle. It's only 8 am and I'm on my second cup...
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sleepy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:08 pm

I stretch and warm up and I still get sore after playing. I will admit that this could be due to improper technique since I've only been playing for about six months.

I use this stuff I got from my chiropractor called BioFreeze. When you're not used to it, it will really rock your socks...more intense than any other ointment I've ever used. Once you become accustomed to it, or you apply to the same area often, it becomes more of a steady hot/cold feeling and is more tolerable. It's a green gel-type stuff that comes in a pump bottle. It's a bit pricey, but you don't need much for it to be effective.

I also drink green tea, and have recently been turned on to white tea, which is supposedly even better for you than green tea. I'm up to at least a cup of each per day. Zing! :)

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:10 pm

Now we're talking! Bio-freeze, is it similar to mineral ice? I need to start a tea thread in the off topic section.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sleepy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:32 pm

TexasOutlaw wrote:Now we're talking! Bio-freeze, is it similar to mineral ice? I need to start a tea thread in the off topic section.

Here's the website: BioFreeze

I forgot to mention that it also comes in a roll-on applicator, and a spray. The roll-on and spray both apply the stuff in a thinner formula. The gel was cheapest, so that's what I got.

And yes, tea is the shizzle. I never ever thought I'd like it, but now I let my teabag steep for 5-10 minutes, and squeeeeeze every last drop out of it before drinking my cup! :P

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:59 pm

I found biofreeze as long as something called polar freeze which is supposed to be similar: http://www.paincreams.com/Polar%20Freeze%20Details.htm

Does anyone know if this is a more powerful version of mineral ice? Also, are any of these available at any retail stores?
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment