Element, Element X, Buzzz, Wasp, Roc

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Element, Element X, Buzzz, Wasp, Roc

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:17 pm

I know there are countless discussions of neutral to overstable midranges yet I have a couple questions.

Does the Element really fly similar to a beat roc, if so how does it compare in nose angle sensitivity.

Does the Element X fly like a new roc?

so i geuss really what Im asking is... Whats your favorite go to midrange... (i know its been done alot, but Im sadly reconsidering the buzzz, more in the effort to try some more gateway plastic)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:17 pm

oh and also, I really am interested to try the medius...
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby asimo » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:43 pm

Just get a Roc and be done with it. They are the best hands down. If the first one you get isn't perfect try one in a different weight or plastic. They are all great!!!
asimo
Noob

Postby Weebl » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:51 pm

A new 180 11x Roc will fill that spot, but the buzzz is just butter... perfect midrange driver. My Z-Buzzz is just breaking in enough to turn over oh so gently after 2 months of play. Now that im becoming better at my Rocs though, it seems it may have to go to the back of the truck...
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Smyith » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:05 pm

i have nvr liked the buzzz but ive only tried it in z and x plastic and typically i like my mids in d or dx so that may be y. u could always try the cobra though its a solid mid and the classic cobra flies super long
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:32 pm

an element is more like a cobra flight path with midrange d (i still consider the cobra to be a driver).
i would say it is more nose angle sensitive than a roc when the element is new.

the element x flies more like a month old roc than a new roc.

imo, pick a midrange based upon its characteristics and adjust to make it fly.

a roc, buzzz, wasp, mrv, spider, element x, etc. are all fine.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:56 am

I am not a roc person, but those that are say my buzz is like a beat roc. I had a d buzz and gave it away after it beat up, the dummy that I am, I wasn't thinking that I know had a right turn midrange.

One of the reasons I like the buzz is that they don't seem to require as much height as other midranges, so I can throw right at the target.

If you decide to go the buzz route, see if you can find any midnight buzzes; they are slightly more overstable than a regular release buzz.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:02 am

Ive thrown alot of rocs and just would like to explore other discs, I loved my spider and unless its super windy perfer a larger diameter disc. I know I will probably just stick with my buzzz's Im just interested in the element/element x a bit. I geuss I will just try em and hold on to my buzzz's
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby garublador » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:17 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:Ive thrown alot of rocs and just would like to explore other discs, I loved my spider and unless its super windy perfer a larger diameter disc. I know I will probably just stick with my buzzz's Im just interested in the element/element x a bit. I geuss I will just try em and hold on to my buzzz's

The S Elements are pretty understable. They hold a really nice anhyzer line when turned over a bit with very little fade. They roll well, too. The E Elements are understable as well, but not as much as the S's. They're super straight when thrown with a hyzer flip. With either one you can let up on them a bit and they'll still fly well. One time I was throwing on a hole listed as 400' (I'm guessing it was fairly accurate since it was flat and straight) with a pretty hefty taliwind. The three discs I had that were the closest to the pin (within 10') were the X Avenger, Champion Viking and E Element. That Element just kept on going. I had a hard enough time beliving that I could get my other discs out that far and I was blown away when I saw how far the Element went.

I haven't tried the newer E Element-Xs, but so far my favorite has been the S Element-X. What I really like about them is how they feel in my hand. Rocs just don't feel right to me.

It may just be me, but I haven't liked the H version of either of those discs. They're too domey, feel kind of slippery to me and I find them harder to control. They look really cool, though. The colors are very vivid.

From what I've heard about the Medius it sounds more like a Hybrid than either Element.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:02 pm

Yeah, im still interested in trying it (medius)

I think im going to try a handful of elements different plastics and what not, possibly after my Bday...
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

buzzz

Postby twmccoy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:37 pm

I'm a buzz guy. I've thrown a few rocs, but they have so many molds of that disc (KC pro roc, classic roc etc) that I don't see how they still call them all the same name. I love the neutral flight path of the buzz, and I can throw it with full power and not turn it over. Buzzes are also very consistent from disc to disc.

BTW, I think the spider deserves a spot in this thread. If there were no buzzes, this would be my go-to midrange.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:31 pm

I used to love the spider (although I never got to throw a DX and I think those would be nice) but I have sort of strayed away from smaller diameter midranges.

I cant lie, I wish I still had my spider, because it did get used a bit (which is how it got lost)...
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

spider

Postby twmccoy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:54 pm

I didn't find it either. I still have your buzz, but won't get back to expo until this damn weather improves. I'll search that area again though. Last time in I found a champ starfire off 18.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:16 pm

if the wether was better I would be able to meet you at lighthouse (you live closer to there dont you) some time im in denver (im at school in greeley). The spider is probably gone, i threw it from the pro tee while there was still alot of ice (ive always wanted to throw a midrange from the pro tee, the ice gave me a feeling it wouldnt go under...) it slid to the holein the middle.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Weebl » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:39 am

to me, a buzz is like a new roc, for me to get max D, i need a giant anhyzer flight path with a fade in the end. The more beat in a roc is, the further it will go for me. I'm consistantly driving my Rocs out to 40' behind my drives and it's more predictable than my drives. I think I like Rocs too much :idea:
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Next

Return to Equipment