the Destroyer

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby dgdave » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:15 pm

I tried out a 175 Pro Destroyer tonight with mixed feelings.

I threw this nose up a lot. I think this was due to the huge dome it has. It still went pretty damn far. on the shots that weren't nose up, it went real far. I had a couple that measured around 420-430 and those weren't more than 8 oe so feet off the ground.

I still feel more comfortable with my champ and star, but we'll see what happens when this breaks in.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby niuvalleycane » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:12 pm

The Natural wrote:My pro has a large dome as well. Could be the big stamp on it that causes this (2008 Golden State Classic)


ditto
niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:54 pm

Postby dgdave » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:20 pm

I don't think its the stamp. I have a golden state and a Japan open and they have equal domes.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby x-out » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:28 pm

dgdave wrote:I still feel more comfortable with my champ and star


^----------i agree. maybe i'll use the pro version as my stable roller :twisted:
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Postby niuvalleycane » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:59 pm

x-out wrote:
dgdave wrote:I still feel more comfortable with my champ and star


^----------i agree. maybe i'll use the pro version as my stable roller :twisted:


I'm somewhat ambivalent about my Champ D at this point, could you D throwers compare/contrast your Champ vs Star vs Pro experiences thus far?

Thanks in advance
niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:54 pm

Postby dgdave » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:19 am

niuvalleycane wrote:
x-out wrote:
dgdave wrote:I still feel more comfortable with my champ and star


^----------i agree. maybe i'll use the pro version as my stable roller :twisted:


I'm somewhat ambivalent about my Champ D at this point, could you D throwers compare/contrast your Champ vs Star vs Pro experiences thus far?

Thanks in advance


The champ is my favorite. it is like a super fast Teebird. The star has a lot more L to R play but about the same distance. Its to early for me to say about the pro. Right now its more stable than my Champ, but its pro plastic so it will probably breake in fast.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

destroyer

Postby twmccoy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:26 pm

I just tried a production model star (regular stamp). It has a nice almost gummy feel and just flies forever. Man I love the destroyer.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler
 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: destroyer

Postby Bradley Walker » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:29 pm

twmccoy wrote:I just tried a production model star (regular stamp). It has a nice almost gummy feel and just flies forever. Man I love the destroyer.


That Destroyer Star plastic is sick...

It appears to be significantly more gummy, sticky, tacky than regular Star but wears like iron.

I have to give to Innova. The Destroyer is impressive. It is long as crap, has real sweet plastic, and appears to be as easy to throw (or even easier) than the Wraith or TRX.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby dgdave » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:48 pm

I really can't believe that I like this as much as I do. I thought this was going to be another flash in the pan, so so driver. This is what I've been looking for a while now. This is what I wanted the teerex to be. Its like a beefy, super fast teebird.

And the champ and star is great. The pro is good, but not my favorite and too domey
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby x-out » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:28 pm

the champ/star combo has pretty much replaced most of my bag. i took out my teerex x and starfire x since i have this combo. i would have taken out the max, but i need it for my tomahawks.
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Postby twmccoy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:27 pm

dgdave wrote:I really can't believe that I like this as much as I do. I thought this was going to be another flash in the pan, so so driver. This is what I've been looking for a while now. This is what I wanted the teerex to be. Its like a beefy, super fast teebird.

And the champ and star is great. The pro is good, but not my favorite and too domey


Yeah, the teerex never really did if for me either. Heck I'd throw a pulse over the teerex. The destroyer dusts the teerex in every category I can think of, and they seem to have very similar stability.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler
 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: the Destroyer

Postby chainbanger » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:33 am

Im bringing this thread back from the dead because I dont believe we talk about destroyers enough! Anyways I heard through the grapevine that we may be seeing some flat top destroyers coming from innova soon. Has anyone else heard this or have any more info on it?
I need your new old stock JLS'S
chainbanger
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:08 pm
Location: Lansing MI
Favorite Disc: JLS

Re: the Destroyer

Postby Joz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:13 pm

chainbanger wrote:Im bringing this thread back from the dead because I dont believe we talk about destroyers enough! Anyways I heard through the grapevine that we may be seeing some flat top destroyers coming from innova soon. Has anyone else heard this or have any more info on it?


When you say flat top, I assume you are referencing the tacky and flat Stars from the early runs, correct? That would be sweet.
Joz
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 2:42 pm
Location: Renaissance
Favorite Disc: PD

Re: the Destroyer

Postby chainbanger » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:44 pm

idk exactly but i did hear that they would be flat like the flat top rocs.
I need your new old stock JLS'S
chainbanger
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:08 pm
Location: Lansing MI
Favorite Disc: JLS

Re: the Destroyer

Postby dgdave » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Plenty o destroyer chat

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16908

My buddy gave me 3 1st run destroyers and aborting stamp sds when I visited him in TX. I wish I wasn't out of town for work so I could throw those bitches
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest