Mach Lite portable basket

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Mach Lite portable basket

Postby steezo » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:18 am

Does anyone have one or have praticed on one? How does is catch..etc. Also, has anyone seen the mini basket by innova that looks exactly like their skill shot? I'ved seen one at Play-It-Again Sports, but I can't find any online.
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:58 am

I played on one once (got to putt into it twice) it was a tourney where all the baskets were owned by locals. We played two rounds, hence the two putts.

Both of them stuck, one I remeber being surprised the basket caught it, it was the bad side of the chains from about 45 ft, the other was a 10 ft drop in, catches like a ching skill shot (which is surprisingly well), but has a larger target area, and is mentally more comfortable putting into because it resembles a normal basket.

The basket I would compare it to most would be like a single chain discatcher. However I see blowthroughs being less likely on the mach lite because the chains are shorter and dont hang so wide.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Blake_T » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:14 pm

i've putted on these and i'm not very impressed with its catching ability when you compare it to the skillshot.

the experience i have had with the mach lite is that about 90% of putts cut through the first set of chains and about 80% of the cut throughs are caught by the back side of the chains.

at an MSRP of $150, this leaves kind of a sour taste in the mouth, especially when the material doesn't appear to have great durability.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:52 pm

based on price, i do like the skill shot a bit more, and it does catch surprisingly well, however the vertical chains gives putting on one a completely different feel. which i believe to be a good and a bad thing.

its a good thing in a way you pick a target and hit it.
its a bad thing in a way you feel familiar with the style target and may make you feel less comfortable putting on a permanate basket (but if the only downside is mental, its not a manufacurers problem :roll:)

another thing i didnt adress in previous posts, is the skillshot is much more mobile its easier to take down, and noticably lighter.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby steezo » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:56 pm

I got to play around with a skillshot today-Texas is finally feeling some winter :shock: It is just as good as it looks, but not great and left me wanting more out of a pratice basket. I went ahead and ordered a DB-5 for $170 shipped and I think it will be the best of the portbale baskets under $200. Does anyone have a prefernce in their mini basket, the mach v mini looks pretty cool. Or you could go all out on this one http://www.minidiscgolf.com/targets.html 8)
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby steezo » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:00 pm

Blake, have you heard anything about a portable titan? Dave was saying something about them being around $250 or so.
Last edited by steezo on Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:01 pm

wow, the indoor one looks like its bolted to the floor, my girl would shit a brick if I wanted something like that in our place. I like how those are tall as a full size basket though. not all stumpy like most...
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Weebl » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:59 pm

I want to get a DGA Mach II, because they are a pain in the ass to get putts to stick (compared to Mach Vs) and if I can slam a putt in the Mach II, I'm set at the course.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby presidio hills » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:16 am

Weebl wrote:I want to get a DGA Mach II, because they are a pain in the ass to get putts to stick (compared to Mach Vs) and if I can slam a putt in the Mach II, I'm set at the course.

or you'll lose all your confidence at putting and suck worse... maybe...
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Blake_T » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:29 am

i've never found mach II's to be hard to get putts to stick and i've found they actually have less dead spots than mach III's.

if you drill everything dead center 99% of them should stick (unless you are putting on an m-14 then it's more like 60%)
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Fritz » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:55 pm

I wasn't impressed when I saw the Mach Lite @ the local shop I get discs from. Seems like after a few travels this thing would fall apart. I have a skill shot, and I like it, it forces you to putt into he middle of the chains or you will bounce out. The Skillshot is 50$ less, weighs almost the same and increases your putting accuracy a lot more, in my opinion, then the mach lite version.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Return to Equipment