NEW DISC from Snap Discsports

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

NEW DISC from Snap Discsports

Postby snap » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:40 am

Visit our site at http://www.snapdiscsports.ca for more info on this new company and our crazy new golf disc! If you are a dealer interested in carrying our product e-mail info@snapdiscsports.ca. Looking forward to the Whitler review!

http://www.SnapDiscsports.ca

The Art of Flight...
snap
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:56 am

Ive been following these alittle on the pdga fourm and on their site, I definately want to try one, theyre supposed to be floaty and fly like a lid. Meaning if youre 100' out and you want to go for it but dont want to risk a fly by, this is a good disc. I also see it being great for all the ultimate guys why want some super accurate approaches.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby adidadg » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:02 pm

the best thing about it is its a Canadian company :D , first of its kind as far as i know.
adidadg

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:41 pm

Disc junkies like some of us will try them for sure. I'm actually having more and more trouble overthrowing a hole.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sleepy » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:25 pm

TexasOutlaw wrote:I'm actually having more and more trouble overthrowing a hole.

I can't wait till I have that problem! :D ;)

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:15 pm

Before you get to excited, I should explain that on my local course, most holes are about 200 ft.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sleepy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:03 pm

TexasOutlaw wrote:Before you get to excited, I should explain that on my local course, most holes are about 200 ft.

Ah. Well. That's different. :)

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby snap » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:23 am

The Whitler was approved by the pdga yesterday.

The Art of Flight...
snap
Noob

Postby erdawe » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:47 pm

Some Questions

Where and when will these be availible out of curiousity?

What plastic do you think this most closely compares to?

Any idea of average retail price?

I know this is a different mold than anything out there, but any references to which disc(s) have similar flight charactaristics and/or attributes?

Thanks.
erdawe
Noob

Postby Fritz » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:35 pm

I'm excited to try this out. Can't wait to get the details on where to buy.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby snap » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:05 pm

I'm glad you guys are as amped as we are! The Whitler is due for release may 1. We have been in contact with a number of dealers in hopes of getting our product to as many of you out there as are interested. If there are dealers we have not contacted we can be reached at: info@snapdiscsports.ca.
To answer the latest questions, in all honesty I really don't know what to compare the debut plastic (aka. "A-S2") to. In terms of durability it is comaprable to champion or Z plastic. It has better, but similar grip to pro, x, or gateway's H, but bares a memory (or elasticity) far more extreme. Glen Whitlock (the guy/tour-ist we worked with on this disc) calls the reaction of the Whitler to impact "Tremble Technology" because the disc has such an immediate reaction to impact and absorbs the energy readily. The end result is that the disc is better absorbed by the chains! It's actually quite an amazing thing.
As for a retail price, it will fall in the premium (i.e. champ or Z) range.
The flight characteristics are easy to describe. This is the most accurate disc within 100ish feet. The Whitler flys true on any edge. It can hold a absolutely straight line without any fade. We (the partners in Snap) all loved the Skystreak, but found it didn't stay in the chains that well. This disc flys a little like a beat skystreak, except quite a bit slower and with much better chain reaction.
Keep the questions coming...
-matt

The Art of Flight...
snap
Noob

Postby Weebl » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:43 am

What weights will the disc come in and will it ever be available in glow plastic? ... please?
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby snap » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:41 pm

The first run will be available in weights ranging from roughly 160-175. We do plan on doing glow, but not in the first run. Our legal max. weight limit is 187.6 grams, which we will be reaching with subsequent runs (likely released later this year). This said, we strongly believe that the 165ish weight is the best for Touch shots and wanted the first release to fall in this class with our remarkable A.S2 polymer.

The Art of Flight...
snap
Noob

Postby disc_golfing_fool » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:54 am

Now that this disc has been out for a while, I was interested in hearing some reviews of the disc and plastic.

Any comments?!?
~~~some rise, some fall, some climb to get to Terrapin~~~
~~peace.love.disc~~

OM
disc_golfing_fool
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby kenny » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:31 pm

I have been throwing one off and on since they have been released. Im new to this kind of disc but I think its great for tecnical couses with or alot of elevation changes. The plastic feels good its just differernt than other plastics, I cant tell a difference between my black and white. I uses it for long puts and short aproaches. I found you have to remember to throw it right and not put too much arm into it. I also had no probles ordering the dvd, it came within a few weeks from Canada.
kenny
Noob

Return to Equipment