Rocs

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Rocs

Postby bigs348 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:13 pm

I was looking for a rundown of Roc stability in different plastics -- DX, KC Pro, Super, and then Star and Champ if anyone's thrown them.

Blake, I'm sure you've thrown all these. What kind of stability we looking at and what do you prefer? Thanks.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Aaron_D » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:53 pm

I have a dx and a kc pro.

the kc pro is more overstable. the dx flies straight as a dart!
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Postby Blake_T » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:34 am

with dx it depends if it's flatter or a poppy dome top.

same with kc.

as a general rule:

kc, dx, super from most to least stable. champ rocs vary so much between versions you can't really make a strong care as a whole. they are also quite squirrely in comparison.

i carry only dx and sometimes a kc as i believe they have superior flight characteristics. if you want an overstable roc you are better off throwing a wasp than overspending on a champ roc.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Weebl » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:44 pm

My KC rocs are more nose angle sensetive, at least when brand new. Once used a bit though, they become more forgiving and more glidey. Brand new DX Rocs are seriously overstable though... they just wont be there for long, as they only get better :wink:

My DX Roc I got in November is just now getting to the point where it's too flippy. Once it's flippier than my stingray, it's going to have to retire.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:31 am

Why not retire the sting ray?
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Weebl » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:45 am

This stingray won't retire untill it explodes and I have to play from the largest piece. Stingrays are superior rollers to Rocs, more glide too. I like to be able to chose between the ultra beat roc and the stingray for shots that I want to flip 50' out, or 250' out, not to mention the turnover progression and if I want it to cut roll, or dig in and settle.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment