The new TeeRex...

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue May 02, 2006 8:09 am

I never was an orc fan; I couldn't control it. And, it didn't take me long to realize that even those that loved it couldn't control it.

Also, there seem to be much better alternatives, like a z crush.

Having said that, I'm excited about my star tee rex. I haven't thrown it enough to evaluate it, but it seems super overstable. Or maybe I just am not getting enough snap on my throw since I haven't thrown in 2 weeks.

As soon as I feel up to it, I am going to throw and compare: star tee rex, dx wraith, esp surge, and the sirius Orion.

This may belong in a different thread, but my esp avenger is very similar to my z version; I did not notice much difference in stabilty nor distance.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby NCSUphenom » Thu May 04, 2006 10:17 am

I won a star Tee-Rex, and it's great for ceratin shots. It's a good disc to flick on some occasions, because you will not turn it over, which with the orc occasionally i will do. I think it will stay in my bag, so it's not awful.
Raleigh DG born Charlotte DG bred
NCSUphenom
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri May 05, 2006 9:17 am

I see the Tee rex staying in my bag as well.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fritz » Mon May 08, 2006 10:03 am

I love this disc...headwinds I dont' even think about it, I pull out the TeeRex and let is slice the wind. Firebird is gone from my bag cause of this disc.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Blake_T » Mon May 08, 2006 2:45 pm

Fritz wrote:I love this disc...headwinds I dont' even think about it, I pull out the TeeRex and let is slice the wind. Firebird is gone from my bag cause of this disc.

i only threw the teerex about 12 times (mroe than enough to rate it for the flight chart) but what i found is that i never had two throws in a row where the teerex had the same fade behavior.

i consider part of the predictability and accuracy of overstable discs being "when they fade" in terms of flight percentage: e.g. 60% mark, 70% mark, 80% mark, etc.

i generally only try to throw the long hyzer line when i know i can reach it, and i don't really see the teerex going much longer than a high speed stable to understable disc on the hyzer line, so i can see the variable fade behavior as potentially adding strokes.

while i agree with displacing the firebird as there are better overstable drivers around imo, but i don't believe the teerex is the one to do it. i can, however, see replacing something else with a long straight to left path with the teerex.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

teerex

Postby twmccoy » Mon May 08, 2006 9:31 pm

Fritz wrote:I love this disc...headwinds I dont' even think about it, I pull out the TeeRex and let is slice the wind. Firebird is gone from my bag cause of this disc.

I may have to find one of these. I was trying out a Z talon the other day for a wind disc and it sucked bad. The talon just wouldn't glide at all and flew like crap. My flick put it to shame. I guess I'll just use the CFR wraith for now. I may also pull out a predator.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Blake_T » Mon May 08, 2006 9:39 pm

tw: a lot of your experiences with slower discs has to do with playing at altitude.

when the air is thinner there will be less glide and discs with initial forward penetration will fly farther since neither can really get substantial carry on the low speed end of flight.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

talon

Postby twmccoy » Tue May 09, 2006 9:02 am

I think this talon was a first run or something, but it is the most overstable one I've ever thrown. I've thrown preds and other talons before and never had one fly this poorly. Oh well, guess I'll try another disc.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby redspexxx » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:48 am

when will dx teerex be mass released?
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby MR. WICK » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:30 am

I just bought a dx teerex from discgolfvalues.com they have them with a socal stamp. I don't like my star one so I figured I'd try a dx one. I really just throw the dx plastic it goes so much better for me. Innova said that they would have them out around christmas time.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Previous

Return to Equipment