Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby ADiscand3Plates » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:44 pm

The 1.8 QJLS. Call them what you want. I am looking to re-stock my 150's. Where are they hiding? Just went thru three sites with no hits :cry:
ADiscand3Plates
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JLS

Postby Joz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:20 pm

^ Wanna buy a 155g old QPLS x-out?
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Steady 26542 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:30 pm

ADiscand3Plates wrote:The 1.8 QJLS. Call them what you want. I am looking to re-stock my 150's. Where are they hiding? Just went thru three sites with no hits :cry:

I just went through my spreadsheet and see that I have (3) 1.8 clear 150's all new and unthrown. I won't part with them all and I won't give them up cheap. PM me if you have the cash. :twisted:
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby Steady 26542 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:54 pm

There's a new 156 Orange 1.8 QJ on ebay, $7.99 with $2.99 shipping.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Peeete » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:58 pm

What are the differences in runs of the Sirius Orion OLS? Is 1.5 the latest?
Peeete
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: mmnumnum

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Peeete wrote:What are the differences in runs of the Sirius Orion OLS? Is 1.5 the latest?

The latest I have seen is the 1.4's. I am behind the times... The first run was the most understable and it was pretty flat. Those were my favorites. But I prefer the 1.1 QOLS. Great glide and control.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Postby zj1002 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:50 am

I just got some 1.3 Stardust QOLFs

They are domey but it is an even dome. Plastic has a good grip , not slick like some of the other stardust.

These are really fast, probably the fastest OLF I have ever thrown. They are bit straighter than the last run, showing more high speed turn, but they still have plenty of low speed fade. They get out really fast, and glide, and then just fade forward. The 1.3s show pretty good low speed fade especially on hyzers. This is what makes the QOLF so great, it slows down perfectly, so I am glad this run still does that

The only bad thing about this run...the only colors are dark red, blue, purple and black...that was a bit disappointing to find out. I prefer my main driver(the QOLF) to be in orange or yellow.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby vto » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:30 pm

zj1002 wrote:I just got some 1.3 Stardust QOLFs

They are domey but it is an even dome. Plastic has a good grip , not slick like some of the other stardust.

Are they plus rimmed? I noticed that my SOLF 1.3s with big domes are plus rimmed, and while I can live with that, I'd prefer the normal rim. Is the plastic blend the same as this new Innova Champion, like in the Tern? It did feel wonderfully grippy when I handled one at a store.
Quasar, Nuke, Predator, Orion LF, Orion LS, Roc, Comet, Sinus AP, Pure
vto
Noob

Favorite Disc: Orion LF

Postby zj1002 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:47 pm

They are not plus mold

It is hard to tell if this is the new champion stuff, but this is a very new hot off the press run. So it probably could be. Stardust may not work with the new champion stuff. It is still nice Q plastic regardless
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Steady 26542 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:04 pm

I just put in a team order for some 150 1.3 stardust QOLF's. I'll be curious to see their stability. I like them a bit understable. Ned must be on vacation. He hasn't gotten back to me on my order. :lol:
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Postby PMantle » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:43 am

Fritz wrote:
Booter wrote:those of u still tossing the zero g quasars and scorpus, how have they been treating u? ive read through the past pages of discussion and im thinking of trying some out .

140-150s is what im looking at.

Better late than never,... I LOVE my ZG Quasars. I throw them a ton. I stopped throwing the Scorpius it just didn't fit anywhere in my bag set up. It's a great disc, I just have no use for it.
One thing about the ZGQ I love, it reminds me smooth and steady and keeps me from over torque. If you put to much on it, it turns hard.

Just bought one in Q. Was at an Academy out of town, and they actually had some discs mine does not carry. Had no clue what it was, but felt like a Destroyer, so I bought it since all my town has is Pro Destroyers. Will probably be an extreme into wind driver and forehand disc for a while. I'll find out in a few hours.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Steady 26542 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:18 pm

What did you buy PMantle, Q Quasar or Q Scorpius? I like the Q/S Scorpius for sidearms. I sidearm the ZG Scorpius for more D but it's a bit more touchy being so light. Power down and throw with good form and the ZG Scorpius goes long, but I don't have good form so results vary... :lol:
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Postby PMantle » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:13 am

Steady 26542 wrote:What did you buy PMantle, Q Quasar or Q Scorpius? I like the Q/S Scorpius for sidearms. I sidearm the ZG Scorpius for more D but it's a bit more touchy being so light. Power down and throw with good form and the ZG Scorpius goes long, but I don't have good form so results vary... :lol:

Ooops. Q Scorpius. I read up on it before throwing. Was afraid I'd have to flex it to get it anywhere. Nope. It's now my main driver on distance holes. It's not quite as flippy as my pro Destroyer. Into a slight wind, it's money. Had a new personal best on one hole with it.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby rehder » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:06 pm

zj1002 wrote:I just got some 1.3 Stardust QOLFs

These are really fast, probably the fastest OLF I have ever thrown. They are bit straighter than the last run, showing more high speed turn, but they still have plenty of low speed fade. They get out really fast, and glide, and then just fade forward. The 1.3s show pretty good low speed fade especially on hyzers. This is what makes the QOLF so great, it slows down perfectly, so I am glad this run still does that

The only bad thing about this run...the only colors are dark red, blue, purple and black...that was a bit disappointing to find out. I prefer my main driver(the QOLF) to be in orange or yellow.

Where are these for sale?
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby zj1002 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:38 pm

I got them from millennium. I am not sure which retailers have them yet
zj1002
metroid cannon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment