Latitude 64°

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Latitude 64°

Postby turso » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:16 am

JimW wrote:Text

So neither of them is preferable for you grip wise? Pure is noticeably lower profile, and you can get it in zero as well, albeit it'll be in the understable spectrum in that plastic. Mercy will come out in premium plastic at some point as well if the durability is the biggest issue for you.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby Thunderchumpy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:12 pm

So I putted with my TM2 Pure yesterday, and I am really liking it a lot. I'm sure it's somewhere in the previous 300 pages, but does anyone know what TM2 became? EZE?

Thanks in advance.
Thunderchumpy
Noob

Favorite Disc: z-XS

Postby Hoey » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Thunderchumpy wrote:So I putted with my TM2 Pure yesterday, and I am really liking it a lot. I'm sure it's somewhere in the previous 300 pages, but does anyone know what TM2 became? EZE?

Thanks in advance.

yup! same thing.

They came out with two test materials at one point, TM1 and TM2...

Pretty sure TM2 was overwhelmingly more accepted by throwers than TM1... so they renamed it EZE.
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby eky8 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:29 pm

Hoey wrote:
Thunderchumpy wrote:So I putted with my TM2 Pure yesterday, and I am really liking it a lot. I'm sure it's somewhere in the previous 300 pages, but does anyone know what TM2 became? EZE?

Thanks in advance.

yup! same thing.

They came out with two test materials at one point, TM1 and TM2...

Pretty sure TM2 was overwhelmingly more accepted by throwers than TM1... so they renamed it EZE.

And then they dropped eze and are just going with zero hard and zero soft. Unfortunately. I love my TM2 pures. Good thing I was able to pick up a bunch before they are all gone.
eky8
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The last one I dyed

Re: Latitude 64° bag check

Postby Jivan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:54 am

Hi everyone I have been playing disc golf for about ten months now and I am hooked. Anyway I am a big fan of the lat 64 discs and was looking for some input as to what needs to be added/taken away from my current bag. I throw RHBH with a max distance between 350-375. I would appreciate any input that you may have. Anyhow here is my current lineup of discs, whatcha think?
Drivers: OL Halo 168, GL Halo 171, TP King 171, TP Sword 171, VIP Sword 168, OL Havoc 171, OL Saint 168, GL Saint 171, OL River 173, RGL River 170
Mids: OL Pain 173, OL Core 171, OL Fuse 171
Putters: OL Pure 175, RGL Pure 175, ION medium 175
Utility/Wind: GL Blitz 171, Champ Starfire 170
Thanks and I appreciate any and all advice...
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."
Jivan
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:23 pm

That's a lot of drivers
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby Jivan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Jeronimo wrote:That's a lot of drivers

I feel like its too many drivers as well. I got the ones I like best in two kinds of plastic becasue I heard the opto line was more overstable than the gl. They are all new purchases so I'm still trying them out to see what will make the bag. The sword is hands down my fav so thats staying. I hear the TP breaks in quick on the sword so I will keep them both. The havoc and king could probably go. I use the halo for max D and haven't figured which one I like more GL or OL. What areas of overlap do u see? Also has anyone thrown the recycled gold line discs and how do you think they compare to the regular GL plastic?
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."
Jivan
Noob

Re: Latitude 64° bag check

Postby Jeronimo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:41 pm

So tell me what differentiates the roles of the individual drivers in the categories I've assigned them to below:

5 Stable-Over Stable Drivers:
OL Halo 168
GL Halo 171
TP Sword 171
VIP Sword 168
OL Havoc 171

TP King 171 - 1 big turnover driver, this makes sense so no need to explain. If it was me I might actually carry two.

That is, unless I was carrying...

4 Understable Fairway Drivers:
OL Saint 168
GL Saint 171
OL River 173
RGL River 170

Don't read this as us admonishing you for having this bag make up either, what makes sense to me might not to you. Or you might be more comfortable mentally with "this" disc over "that" one and honestly, that makes a difference. I do this excercise on my bag as well because I tend to be driver heavy too. My reasoning for it though (one of many) is that if you're going to lose a disc, in all likelihood it's going to be a Driver.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby Jivan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Thanks for the help Geronimo. I use the saint and river for fairway drives because the saint gets more distance than the river. The river will flip on me if not dialed down. So when I need something shorter than the saint but longer than a midrange I go with the river. I have the two types of plastics to figure out which I like more and if there is really a difference in the two.

For drivers I was planning on using the halo as an overstable driver? Still not sure about this as this is the one disc I have not got out and field tested yet. The Sword for my stable driver and the two plastics because I heard the TP can become flippy. If the TP Sword does break in to become flippy I could lose the king. Until then it Looks like I will take your suggestion and use the King to fill the understable slot. That boots out the havoc and still leaves me with everything else. Dammit... I might just have to learn the art of taking something off the sword to boot out the Saints? I think that might be the only one I could do without. But then again they all fit in the bag and I will toss them all for now until I learn what is comfortable. Do you see any logic in any of this or am I the one who is dumb... and a drama queen? I would also like some input on what the halo could do for my bag or if I already have that spot filled? Or if there are any discs you would suggest replacing with something else? Thanks for your time Jeronimo I appreciate the input.
Jivan
Noob

Postby Jeronimo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Jivan wrote:For drivers I was planning on using the halo as an overstable driver? Still not sure about this as this is the one disc I have not got out and field tested yet. The Sword for my stable driver and the two plastics because I heard the TP can become flippy. If the TP Sword does break in to become flippy I could lose the king. Until then it Looks like I will take your suggestion and use the King to fill the understable slot. That boots out the havoc and still leaves me with everything else. Dammit... I might just have to learn the art of taking something off the sword to boot out the Saints? I think that might be the only one I could do without. But then again they all fit in the bag and I will toss them all for now until I learn what is comfortable. Do you see any logic in any of this or am I the one who is dumb... and a drama queen? I would also like some input on what the halo could do for my bag or if I already have that spot filled? Or if there are any discs you would suggest replacing with something else? Thanks for your time Jeronimo I appreciate the input.

Sounds to me like you've got your own answers 8)

My motto is always: If you've got space, fill it. If you're not playing competitive rounds, throw whatever the hell you want. You'll figure out what fits you. To your Halo question I would ask you this: What are you throwing most of the time off the tee when you're throwing a driver? and the follow up, what % of shots do you actually need that over stable driver slot for? If it's an emergency wind fighting disc, the Halo might do the job but I'd wager a Giant would be more dependable in that role. Latitude doesn't really have a good overstable max D driver like a Giant, Quasar, Force, etc... Halo is probably as close as your going to get (for now). IMO I'd slip an opto Striker into your setlist some where, or maybe a new opto Vision.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby JR » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Before getting any new discs i'd try that pared down bag and taking of power from the Sword. It is pretty easy. slower steps and/or less reach back distance and planting the final step pointed closer to the target. Plenty of ways to take power off. One or a combination should work for every situation.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby NoLifeLeft » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:28 pm

Jeronimo wrote:Latitude doesn't really have a good overstable max D driver like a Giant, Quasar, Force, etc...

Villain?
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby kern9787 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Jeronimo wrote:If it's an emergency wind fighting disc, the Halo might do the job but I'd wager a Giant would be more dependable in that role. Latitude doesn't really have a good overstable max D driver like a Giant, Quasar, Force, etc...

The few Quasars I've thrown have been stable, but not anything near overstable enough for wind fighting duties. I know there were talks of a few, but I believe those were just freaks in the first runs. Just wanted to point that out. (and that the Giant is awesome).
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Booter » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:15 pm

Yeah opto villains are beefy. Gls are opposite
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:47 am

Let's just say for shits and giggles I was going to put together a bag entirely of L64/westside/DD discs. How would I go about replacing my current bag listed below.

Z Force- super over stable
Z Force - overstable drives and forehands
2x ESP Force - distance drivers
ESP Force - beat for turnover d
3x Z Tracker - overstable/stable/turnover fairway drives
Z Drone - over stable mid
2x Z Buzzz - workhorse mid
2x Z Comet - finesse mid
ESP Zone - utility
2x Pro D Challenger - putter drives and putting

What say you?
Force/Tracker/Hornet/Buzzz/Comet/Zone/Challenger