Latitude 64°

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Latitude 64°

Postby Three Puttz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:04 am

keltik wrote:1.) so EZE is more like Grip?
2.) the mercy kinda looks like a blunt nosed Aviar P&A (just from those pictures)
3.) Saint flies like good striker or more OS or more like good PD?

I don't have any experience with the Grip line, so I can't say. The EZE is definitely softer than dx plastic, but stiffer than star without being slick. It's hard to explain and I'm sure it will change once I get a chance to grime it up for a few rounds.

The Aviar is fatter than the Mercy. It's shoulder is more obtuse, but the rim depth of the two are pretty close. If anything, the Aviar's rim is slightly deeper. To look at them side by side, it's surprising that their rims are so close because the gradual curve of the Aviar's wing and the straight angle, as opposed to the slight bevel of the Mercy, make the Aviar's profile look a lot fatter than the Mercy.

I hope any of that made sense. I will try to take a pic of the two beside each other here in a little bit.
Three Puttz
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:38 am

The EZE mercy I have gets chunked easily. Threw it like 4 times and it is getting chewed up, reminds me of the legacy base line plastic in that way or that crappy pro-d that came out a while ago.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Three Puttz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:48 am

Here is a side by side of the Mercy and Aviar. The Mercy is the yellow disc, Aviar is green

Three Puttz
Noob

Postby keltik » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 am

cool comparison pics with the Aviar!

You mentioned Star plastic so much in your review it made me think Grip Line. So according to Frank it is more like the Pro-Cheese blend. I actually kinda liked that blend, especially for putters.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby gknmnstr » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:33 pm

I am just glad I stocked up on zero pures. I personally don't care for eze plastic and most all putters are too beefy feeling for me so zero pure=$$$. I have high hopes for the rumored soft "eze" won't need any any time soon though.
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FUSE/RIVER

Latitude 64°

Postby Cavere » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:07 pm

I just picked up a limited test run plastic fuse. I won't be able to throw it until tomorrow. Anyone throw one of these and know what kind of line it's going to fly? And what is I comparable to?
katana--Boss--Surge--Orc--Monster--Roadrunner--Eagle--Buzz--FR Ion
subject to change almost each and every day!
Cavere
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Pwingles » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:51 am

Anymore reviews on the EZE pures? Im liking my opto a lot for throwing but premium plastics for putters arent my thing, so im looking to check the pure out but ive thrown a grip (or whatever the starish one is) theyre okay, but lookig for something with more grip/glide.

Hows the durability? Frank's sounded like it was pretty crappy, that could be an issue, lots of rocks and trees on courses i play.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Three Puttz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:10 am

Pwingles wrote:Anymore reviews on the EZE pures? Im liking my opto a lot for throwing but premium plastics for putters arent my thing, so im looking to check the pure out but ive thrown a grip (or whatever the starish one is) theyre okay, but lookig for something with more grip/glide.

Hows the durability? Frank's sounded like it was pretty crappy, that could be an issue, lots of rocks and trees on courses i play.
I've only played a couple rounds with an EZE Mercy and it's taken some minor dings already. It seems to be a little more durable than DX, but definitely not close to the durability of other premium plastics.

I also play on a heavily wooded course. I think that the EZE will work fine for me since it's a putter, but I wouldn't want to get a driver or even a mid made of the stuff
Three Puttz
Noob

Postby eky8 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:34 am

I haven't technically used an eze pure. But I've switched to the TM2 pure from the zero pure. TM2 and eze are supposed to be the same thing. They do kinda nick up. But it's not any different than what the zero line did. The edges get indents and then once the whole edge is indented it never gets any worse. And they fly beautiful. I don't do anything but putt with mine. So I don't worry about major tree hits or anything.
eky8
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The last one I dyed

Postby EL-KABONG! » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:54 pm

eky8 wrote:I haven't technically used an eze pure. But I've switched to the TM2 pure from the zero pure. TM2 and eze are supposed to be the same thing. They do kinda nick up. But it's not any different than what the zero line did. The edges get indents and then once the whole edge is indented it never gets any worse. And they fly beautiful. I don't do anything but putt with mine. So I don't worry about major tree hits or anything.

What he said ^
My only complaint is alot of roll offs...but this is outweighed by how many putts are going in the basket
EL-KABONG!
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: SWORD

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:20 pm

So I got some saints here at worlds. It's nice knowing sponsored pros that can't throw lat 64.

I think it throws more like a beat eagle instead of a teebird. It doesn't really line lock and it will work some good S-curve.
Frank Delicious

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Also, sorry about the crappy photos, imgur is hating on editing.

Also also, if anyone wants a limited edition GL saint or Pure with that stamp in the middle one, PM me and we'll talk.
Frank Delicious

Postby Fightingthetide » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:59 pm

jubuttib wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:If the Core was +1 more in HSS, I'd use it exclusively. It's too understable for me to have a higher confidence level with it.
This is my major beef with the Core. It is a good disc, but if it didn't turn so easily when pushed (or in a headwind) it would be a great disc. It sort of sits on the fence, being too LSS to really work as an understable mid and not being HSS enough to be a good straight mid.

If I could drag this out from a few pages back...What distance are you guys throwing them when you say they turn and fade too much? And does the Pain hold up in the wind?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby NoLifeLeft » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:43 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:I think it throws more like a beat eagle instead of a teebird. It doesn't really line lock and it will work some good S-curve.

Nothing in that sentence doesn't appeal to me.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby jubuttib » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:09 am

Fightingthetide wrote:
jubuttib wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:If the Core was +1 more in HSS, I'd use it exclusively. It's too understable for me to have a higher confidence level with it.
This is my major beef with the Core. It is a good disc, but if it didn't turn so easily when pushed (or in a headwind) it would be a great disc. It sort of sits on the fence, being too LSS to really work as an understable mid and not being HSS enough to be a good straight mid.
If I could drag this out from a few pages back...What distance are you guys throwing them when you say they turn and fade too much? And does the Pain hold up in the wind?
My normal mid range is between 250-330 feet, depending heavily on the shot and circumstances. Can't remember if they turned on 250' throws, but they turn easier than Buzzzes and fade too much to really work as understable mids.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment