Latitude 64°

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Latitude 64°

Postby Three Puttz » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Three Puttz wrote:
Pwingles wrote:Anymore reviews on the EZE pures? Im liking my opto a lot for throwing but premium plastics for putters arent my thing, so im looking to check the pure out but ive thrown a grip (or whatever the starish one is) theyre okay, but lookig for something with more grip/glide.

Hows the durability? Frank's sounded like it was pretty crappy, that could be an issue, lots of rocks and trees on courses i play.
I've only played a couple rounds with an EZE Mercy and it's taken some minor dings already. It seems to be a little more durable than DX, but definitely not close to the durability of other premium plastics.

I also play on a heavily wooded course. I think that the EZE will work fine for me since it's a putter, but I wouldn't want to get a driver or even a mid made of the stuff

I feel like I should probably update this now that I have played 20+ rounds using the EZE Mercy as my primary putter. The durability of the plastic is a lot better then I initially believed it was going to be. I've been using it for all putts and any approaches inside of 150 feet on a mix betweent heavily wooded courses and moderately wooded courses. The disc does ding up and the durability is still between DX and Star, but originially I said it wasn't only slightly more durable than DX when it is actually considerably more durable.

The grip and feel of the disc remain really good. In fact, I think I like the grip now that its worn in a bit a lot more than how it felt when it was new.
Three Puttz
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby turso » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Yeah, I've bashed mine a few times against trees as well and they seem damn tough for baseline, and the grip is nice. Liking them more and more.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: My first putter

Postby Jelyman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:42 am

I didn't see Jesper anywhere during the worlds. Any reason to his absence, or did I just moot pay attention?
Jelyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: River

Postby loki993 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:42 am

I got a TM River to try, haven't thrown it yet but I'm sure I will like it. Im a little concerned abut the durability though so I think I should get a back up too. So another TM River I suppose. I'm also considering a GL or Opto River and a Fuse of some sort. Any reccomendations..plasticwise?
loki993
Noob

Postby JR » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Not knowing your bag and how far you throw and what kind of lines you get (purity of form) makes it difficult to give advice. If you bought a GL River too and used the softer one only when there's no danger of warping or chunking it it should last longer.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby turso » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Jelyman wrote:I didn't see Jesper anywhere during the worlds. Any reason to his absence, or did I just moot pay attention?

Jesper's busy baking bread this year, apparently he's a head honcho at one of the biggest if not the biggest bakery in Sweden, and dough's waitin'.

turso

Postby loki993 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:44 am

JR wrote:Not knowing your bag and how far you throw and what kind of lines you get (purity of form) makes it difficult to give advice. If you bought a GL River too and used the softer one only when there's no danger of warping or chunking it it should last longer.

I am super new, I just played my second time yesterday and it was ugly. Funny how trying to do it right actually makes you worse for a while. I actually didn't even throw the River. My evolving bag right now consists of the River, a Leopard, a Roc and a Warlock.
loki993
Noob

Postby JR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:35 am

Don't buy anything more now try to learn with those discs throwing each of them left center and right out to each distance and figure out which disc to pick for which situation and why.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:33 pm

If I could interject for a quick question - I'm trying out the Pain as a workhorse mid, so I ordered a 178 Opto and a 173 GL and they both have the same PLH, but the 178 Opto has a lot more dome. Is this pretty standard between GL and Opto?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby turso » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:16 pm

That opto's more domey? I'd say they both have domey and less domey examples pretty evenly in case of Pain.

turso

Postby Fightingthetide » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:22 am

turso wrote:That opto's more domey? I'd say they both have domey and less domey examples pretty evenly in case of Pain.

Good to know. How do the domey Pains compare to flat, all things being the same?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby turso » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:53 am

Haven't thrown a flat one, I just have domey GLs and they're nice and stable even with flash removed.

turso

Postby Fightingthetide » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 pm

turso wrote:Haven't thrown a flat one, I just have domey GLs and they're nice and stable even with flash removed.

I'll let you know what I find...granted, this is a lighter GL Pain.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fightingthetide » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:38 pm

The 173 GL Pain isn't completely flat, but has less dome than my 178 Opto. It dumps a little harder at the end of it's flight, with a little less glide. I ended up not using it in my round. I was hoping it's PLH would be lower than my Opto, and hence work well as a stable mid (or eventually, once it breaks in). I think instead I'll be going with my Opto Pain as an overstable mid, Opto Warship as a stable mid, and D MD2's for understable. That setup worked really well for me today on shots under 300' on flat ground to slight uphill, and under 350' downhill.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby EL-KABONG! » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:05 pm

turso wrote:
Jelyman wrote:I didn't see Jesper anywhere during the worlds. Any reason to his absence, or did I just moot pay attention?

Jesper's busy baking bread this year, apparently he's a head honcho at one of the biggest if not the biggest bakery in Sweden, and dough's waitin'.

And lord knows, there ain't any dough in disc golf. :cry: :( :evil:
EL-KABONG!
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: SWORD

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment