Latitude 64°

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Latitude 64°

Postby JR » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:56 am

I played two more rounds with the Mercy two thirds of the last round in the rain. I can't let my index finger and thumb to be totally loose in putting or it will slip out when wet in 56F. Adding a little gripping strength doesn't hurt my form or results from what i could see in putting. There was a good bit of wind and at times the disc turned 2-3 degrees but so would any other straight to straightish putter have done. More anny experience and for shorter approaches the Mercy turns tight enough for anything but the tightest turns if there is no ceiling. I don't know the exact distance yet where it starts to push through anny but it can do that for a long time given more power. Probably 250' is enough to show pushing through anny. So you would limit what you can accomplish if you carried the Mercy as the sole putter. Hyzers worked beautifully and i was a foot or two short of metal today despite exposing the bottom of the disc slightly to the r>l wind hyzered on purpose. No deviation from the line just the wind pushing the disc sideways. I did see lifting in stiffer headwinds in putts and drives again.

I threw uphill 6' in a tunnel of IIRC 200' throwing to 10' above the 6' risen ground with a flat shot that faded 13-14'. The fade can be significantly less on higher powered and/or lower throws. This shows that it is a fairly straight disc especially at above 200' distances.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby turso » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:00 pm

It holds its angles beautifully on long annies as well, I've thrown a few 300'-330' annies with it which went to the ground holding the angle all the way, very stable disc when given power and spin. Love the plastic, love how it flies, love how it feels.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: My first putter

Postby JR » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:27 pm

I've had it flex out of mild annies of a degree to say 3-4, steeper ones at higher power do hold the angle to the ground. Over 4 degree annies at low power also flex somewhat and going to short approaches/long runs may even fade if thrown above say 8'. So far for my style the 175 glides too little for putts and long runs so it is a better driving putter than a putting putter. The good thing about the non megalomaniac glide in putting is that it won't blow by insanely much like most straighter glidier putters can on level lasers at over 25'.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby turso » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:03 am

Yeah, mild annies it won't hold perfectly, on higher lines anyway. I've been trying to beat one in to manage proper turnovers and shallower annies but it's proving to be harder than I thought for a base line plastic disc.

turso

Postby JR » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:39 am

It feels stiff for a base plastic so maybe it is an in between of other base and mid grade plastics.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby gknmnstr » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:12 am

It looks like EZE might not even be around much longer anyway.
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FUSE/RIVER

Postby turso » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:33 am

We'll see, it's sad that people don't like change and can't see that it's superior to zero/grip. I sure as hell hope that it stays.

turso

Postby eky8 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:40 am

Me too. I love my TM2 pures. I actually prefer them to the zeros.
eky8
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The last one I dyed

Postby jubuttib » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Eze, despite the name, is a fantastic plastic from what I've seen. Why would it be going away?
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:50 pm

gknmnstr wrote:It looks like EZE might not even be around much longer anyway.

HELLO?!!!! Why on earth not it is a tremendous plastic? Where did you hear this and are there replacements in plans that accomplish the same things?
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby gknmnstr » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:05 pm

On the L64 launchers facebook page Tomas made a cryptic comment that would seem to indicate the possibility of eze going OOP. "Eze come, eze go... Thats my reaction... No more comments for now."
Personally I prefer zero. Have a two year old zero pure I love as my main putter.
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FUSE/RIVER

Postby JR » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:32 pm

14C rain and the EZE Mercy started slipping out at times in drives and all the time in putts with a lighter grip. Man i need a gluey disc for these conditions. It was a 5 course marathon day starting out somewhat weary so i might not have problems in better weather and fresh. As if that happens often.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby turso » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:15 pm

Almost any plastic is slippy to almost everyone in those conditions :)

turso

Postby JR » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:52 pm

As if that is the worst problem i have. I had a few putts today where my fingers straightened out in forcible override from the subconscious to alleviate the stress in the arm. How dysfunctional is that after blasting 400' on many shots? ARGH! Plastic material doesn't help much in that a really tacky plastic gives a little error margin at closer ranges.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:49 am

I threw the Mercy on my most played rocky course and it fared fine in all the annies that weren't tightly turning in the beginning. I can't tell how it would have fared if i had thrown it. I scored well so no complaints. Actually i was impressed how well it annied and help up in the rough terrain. I would very much like to see this disc continued in production.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment