midrange discs over-rated ??

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby SkaBob » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:33 pm

matt wrote:for the record i threw 350' with a 180 shark (my first disc) the first time i played. im naturally athletic and i work out bitches!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry kid, but everyone here knows you're either lying or trolling now.

If you wanna check out a great disc for those who want something longer than a putter but that'll do anything, check out the devilhawk. it's so cool, and by cool I mean totally sweet!
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby jtkustomizer » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:41 pm

SkaBob wrote:
matt wrote:for the record i threw 350' with a 180 shark (my first disc) the first time i played. im naturally athletic and i work out bitches!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry kid, but everyone here knows you're either lying or trolling now.

If you wanna check out a great disc for those who want something longer than a putter but that'll do anything, check out the devilhawk. it's so cool, and by cool I mean totally sweet!

Ska :arrow: Dont let the secret out of the cage :lol: This guy will be able to break the distance record if you keep telling him stuff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the record if you can throw the shark 350 you must be one of those baseball players thats on that special list.....how far can you throw the shark now....like 500ft or so :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Valkryie, FLX Drone, Buzzz, Impact and Warlock
jtkustomizer
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: www.gorilla-boy.com

Postby jamsisjams » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:45 pm

If you can throw a Shark 350' on a GOLF line, why not throw that? Why not learn the technique necessary to make a cool shot with a Shark?
Tsunami-SOLF--JLS-Wasp-Buzzz--Wizard-Whitler

"Hit me with your wisdom, cow."
jamsisjams
1000 Rated Poster

Postby matt » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:54 pm

i can only throw it comfy like 250-275'. i still prefer the cheetahs line for this. the courses out here get crazy windy and midranges with their blunt nose, dome, and large diameter, can shoot up and carry way left or go right and crash on me. i can hyzer flip em but i got to get smoother so im not snappin to hard, i have only been playin a year...
matt

Postby DELETED » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:55 pm

DELETED
DELETED

Postby Timko » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:57 pm

This is where MDR chirps in that he can throw Champion Sharks 350' on a hyzer line, saying that they're super stable. You wouldn't have to worry about wind if you threw one of those....
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Timko » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:59 pm

ZAMson wrote:Image

Kenny's quote should be "Shark? I for the record, I threw 350' with a 180 gram aviar the first time I played. I'm naturally athletic and i work out bitches!"
Timko

Postby matt » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:08 pm

heavy cheetahs are super stable too. sweet flight--distance, control, good glide, gentle crash... makes the perfect mid/fairway imo.
matt

Postby Timko » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Actually, a Gazelle is more stable than a Cheetah. I wouldn't call a Cheetah super stable.

Timko

Postby jorr16 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:27 pm

matt wrote:i can only throw it comfy like 250-275'. i still prefer the cheetahs line for this. the courses out here get crazy windy and midranges with their blunt nose, dome, and large diameter, can shoot up and carry way left or go right and crash on me. i can hyzer flip em but i got to get smoother so im not snappin to hard, i have only been playin a year...

Not sure where you are playing in Chicago, but all of the courses that I have played up there have had many, many holes where midranges are way more comfortable to throw on them then a fairway driver. I understand that you have been playing a year but what the people on the board are saying is true. If you learn to throw midranges on golf lines without it going all over the place, then you will be a better player. It's not a Rocs fault that it gets flipped or fades too early, it is more of an inability to control the disc for the type of shot that you want.

Long live Rocs!
When walking up to tee
Strive to be bogey free

Discs for Trade/Sale
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3395
jorr16
Tree Magnet

Postby Greatzky » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:28 pm

Please be mindful of the other people on this forum trying to help you. Many/most here have already gone through much of what you will during your disc golf career(from starting out to getting better, etc). Their input is there to help you with decisions that you might be unclear of at the moment. Although you don't agree with them, please don't insult anyone or disregard anyone's statements.
Blake T has done an amazing job putting together a wealth of information on disc golf as well as a forum where people actually communicate and learn(unlike the pdga forum).

Just remember to be mindful of the other's opininons as many of them have already been there and there are many people on this board that are exceptional players.

oh....and unlike the PDGA... we don't use messageboard D! :)
Last edited by Greatzky on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf Apparel
http://hyzerflip.com
Greatzky
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby jamsisjams » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:29 pm

A Cheetah is only stable if you're not putting the requisite snap on it. By no means is it meant to be a stable disc.
Tsunami-SOLF--JLS-Wasp-Buzzz--Wizard-Whitler

"Hit me with your wisdom, cow."
jamsisjams
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Innova flight rating (Speed/Glide/Turn/Fade)

Gazelle - 6 / 4 / 0 / 2
Cheetah - 6 / 4 / -2 / 2
Roc - 4 / 4 / 0 / 3
Broken in Roc 4 / 4 / 0 / 1
Timko

Postby matchu » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:53 pm

not to forget the fact the learning to throw a midrange correctly spills over to your driving technique. But each to his own, I know how cool/stylish I look when I make bogies.....

does this thread remind anyone of the movie idiocracy? this thread and many others
Synchronize the why’s, the if’s the lies. Shake and sift through the mess. Digress the flesh left is our disguise.

matchu
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby scoot_er » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:57 pm

matt wrote:i got what i wanted, thanks for the 411 guys. im all about minimalism here and am still feeling comfy throwin my cheetah/aviar combo for shots under 325. u gotta draw the line somewhere instead of havin too many discs overlappin imo. simplicity and necessity is where its at

Yeah those two discs should last forever. Hey guy you have two ears so you need to listen twice as much as you talk. The cheetah is a chicks disc so why is a big guy throwing 500ft on his 1st throw ever using it? Oh because its pretty when it flies. :lol:

How far are you throwing now 600'?
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment