Bag advice...

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Jestyr » Wed May 17, 2006 2:47 pm

So I got my bag a week and change ago and it is very nice.

But they just came out with the new frame system, but it did not ship with my bag.

Should I be pissed?
Jestyr
Noob

Postby Woodchuck » Wed May 17, 2006 2:50 pm

Same thing happened to me i bought a Carolina bag and a mini bag from them in the last couple months, thats over $170 worth of business i gave them. I emailed him today asking if he could send me a frame out of courtesy. He emailed back and said i'd have to purchase it. I'm a bit conflicted i realize he doesn't have to do that but seeing as how i paid a good premium for these bags and jsut a short time ago i figured it would be good customer service to do so. Oh well i guess.
Woodchuck
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed May 17, 2006 3:41 pm

i bet theyre going to sell quite a few before they start putting the new frames in, that or charge a pretty penny more for the ones w/ new frames.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Eric O » Wed May 17, 2006 4:33 pm

Blake_T wrote:the lightning large bag is the only bag i ever had significant problems with.
That is the first bag I bought because it was so inexpensive and I wasn't sure what size and features I would eventually want if I were to spend more than $20 or so. I'm still using it and it has held up well, but I paid more for the quad shocks I use to carry it comfortably than I did for the bag.

Though mine has had no durability problems yet, I have read many reviews talking about the poor construction. I have also seen the side pockets blow out on other people's identical bags. I used my bag hard all last year and have begun putting mileage on it again since the weather warmed up. I think the key to keeping them from falling apart is to not load the side pockets very heavily. The blow outs I've seen are on a bag that often did duty carrying beer in the side pockets.

I added a basic cardboard box insert to my main compartment shortly after purchase. I keep the 6-pack or whatever in there next to the discs and the bag shows no signs of failure.

Also, yeah... I would feel kind of ripped off if they came out with a new frame system and it didn't ship with the bag I just ordered.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jestyr » Thu May 18, 2006 11:03 am

Woodchuck wrote:Same thing happened to me i bought a Carolina bag and a mini bag from them in the last couple months, thats over $170 worth of business i gave them. I emailed him today asking if he could send me a frame out of courtesy. He emailed back and said i'd have to purchase it. I'm a bit conflicted i realize he doesn't have to do that but seeing as how i paid a good premium for these bags and jsut a short time ago i figured it would be good customer service to do so. Oh well i guess.

I emailed him yesterday as well. His answer was the same -- I'd have to pay for it.

I replied saying that I am happy with the bag, but I am not happy with the customer service of the situation.

We shall see what he says, if anything.
Jestyr
Noob

Previous

Return to Equipment