ESP Buzzz

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Fritz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:40 am

Well, I took 3rd in the High Plains Challenge this weekend and in the prize package I got a 177g ESP Buzzz. I don't throw discraft, but this feels really nice. I was hoping to come here and find something about how it flies.
Right now my midranges are Rocs (Ontario, DX, SB) and Goblins (DX).

Like I said I don't throw discraft, so I have no clue what a Buzzz does. Can someoen explain to me what this disc will do?

Thanks in advance.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby sleepy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:18 am

Congrats on your third place finish! What division did you compete in?

If you got the Buzzz for free in a player's pack, why not throw it around in a field for a bit and form your own opinion of it? Based on how popular the Buzzz is in general, you may be pleasantly surprised. If not, you can always sell/trade it for something else...throwing it in a field isn't going to hurt it's value much, if at all.

I don't throw Buzzzes, (I'm a Roc man, myself) or I'd give you some feedback. :)

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Fritz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:23 am

sleepy wrote:Congrats on your third place finish! What division did you compete in?

If you got the Buzzz for free in a player's pack, why not throw it around in a field for a bit and form your own opinion of it? Based on how popular the Buzzz is in general, you may be pleasantly surprised. If not, you can always sell/trade it for something else...throwing it in a field isn't going to hurt it's value much, if at all.

I don't throw Buzzzes, (I'm a Roc man, myself) or I'd give you some feedback. :)

sleepy

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the rocs, so I have no clue what this buzzz will do. :)

I competed in Intermediate, it was my last tournement as Int. I was hoping to win it, but I choked in the 3rd round had a 2 stroke lead and I shot a damn +12 and the guy in 3rd (I had a 3 stroke lead on him) Shot a +6 and the Guy who was in second shot a +7 and won the playoff for 1st place. Oh well, I'm movin up to Advanced.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Rooster » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:52 am

i have a two questions for you fritz.
1. what color is that buzzz?
2. if you don't like it do you wanna make a trade for it?
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Blake_T » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:40 pm

Fritz: you aren't allowed to move up until you stop throwing rhynos :P
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby trogdor » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:28 pm

Blake_T wrote:Fritz: you aren't allowed to move up until you stop throwing rhynos :P

ahem...
http://www.innovadiscs.com/team/todd.html
http://www.innovadiscs.com/team/davef.html
:wink:
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:10 pm

congrats josh. How was the pessimist course? I didnt have the 100$ it would have cost me to play (not a PDGA memeber), so im going to be waiting until next year.
and for the buzzz try it out, it wil fly really straight, but will be a bit flippier than a roc. I went from buzzz's to elementxs to wasps now (just finished a shootout between rocs and wasps)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Fritz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:34 pm

Blake_T wrote:Fritz: you aren't allowed to move up until you stop throwing rhynos :P

:lol: NEVER I love my Rhyno :P

As for the color of the Buzzz It's Sky Blue with a silver Chrome Mirror type stamp, you can see your reflection in the stamp.

Pessimist was great, I kicked it's ass round 1 and it didn't really like that so it got revenge round 3 :lol: Hole 16 and 17 were a blast.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Blake_T » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:18 pm

those two people aren't him :P

it comes down to a matter of "choose to" vs. "have to."
Blake_T

Postby Fritz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:30 pm

Blake_T wrote:those two people aren't him :P

it comes down to a matter of "choose to" vs. "have to."

Damn someone is pissy today :P

Why do you hate the Rhyno so much?
:P
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Blake_T » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:22 pm

was more sarcasm than pissiness.

as for the rhyno, we talked about this the day you came over w/ scott and have talked about it a bunch on messenger as well :P
Blake_T

Postby Fritz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:50 pm

Blake_T wrote:was more sarcasm than pissiness.

as for the rhyno, we talked about this the day you came over w/ scott and have talked about it a bunch on messenger as well :P

I wasn't using the Rhyno then. I was using the Spider, and you hated that too :p
lol
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Rhyno Hater!

Postby trogdor » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:28 pm

Blake_T wrote:as for the rhyno, we talked about this the day you came over w/ scott and have talked about it a bunch on messenger as well :P

:roll: For those of us who aren't Fritz or scott...Why do you hate the Rhyno so much?

Personally, it's the perfect driving putter. High speed stable low speed slightly overstable makes it a Super Slow Tee-Bird. It's easy to control and I have seen far fewer Rhynos get into that never ending turn than I see with "real" putters.

There's always a DX Rhyno in the bag no matter what course/weather I'm playing!
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Re: Rhyno Hater!

Postby Fritz » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:35 pm

trogdor wrote:
Blake_T wrote:as for the rhyno, we talked about this the day you came over w/ scott and have talked about it a bunch on messenger as well :P

:roll: For those of us who aren't Fritz or scott...Why do you hate the Rhyno so much?

Personally, it's the perfect driving putter. High speed stable low speed slightly overstable makes it a Super Slow Tee-Bird. It's easy to control and I have seen far fewer Rhynos get into that never ending turn than I see with "real" putters.

There's always a DX Rhyno in the bag no matter what course/weather I'm playing!

w00t! yeah, that's why I like it so much. It's super controlled and when I need it to get me close to teh basket (right under it) I know it'll do that when I release it. I tell it to go under the basket and it does, hell sometimes it even drops right into the basket from 110+ft out :)
I use the Champion Version, it's gummy, I have yet to find a champion rhyno as a backup that is gummy tho :( so I'll be having to switch it up to a DX if for some krazy reason this one gets lost or stolen :)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

DX is OK

Postby trogdor » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:42 pm

Hey Fritz,

If you have to switch, I think you'll be happy with DX. Dings and dents don't effect the flight very much.

This used to be my putter, so I have a stack of them. I'll throw a thrashed next to a slightly worn and don't see a lot of difference.
trogdor
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment