filling out my bag with an order (help)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Blake_T » Sun May 14, 2006 3:23 pm

you may like the plastic, you may hate it. everything changes.

after talking w/ justin at gateway about the slickness of the newer s wizards he said once they hit the ground a few times and get dirty'd up a bit the grip will come in.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

If it doesn't come out

Postby Denver Discer » Mon May 15, 2006 10:31 am

Can we take them back if the grip doesn't come out?? :twisted: How many of the old S Med's do you have at GGGT?

Peace
Scott
Denver Discer
Tree Magnet

Re: wizard

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon May 15, 2006 12:04 pm

soaresjo wrote:I ordered a "Gateway "S" Wizard - SOFT".
do you think I will be unhappy with this plastic? I am probably going to take blake's advice and order more of the discs I really like. Maybe I would try the supersoft and medium?

Also, I played 3 rounds yesterday and my best score was the round I didnt bring my shark. R.I.P. :cry:

-john

Good choices. You'll be happy with the soft. Supersoft gets flippy way too quick. I was a fan of the firm, but they started coming in TOO firm. The mediums are currently like the firms I USED to like.

Your gonna love that x avenger. Let me know if you have any questions as I am a primary avenger thrower.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby adidadg » Mon May 15, 2006 12:20 pm

Does anyone know what version of plastic is used on the S Proto WIzard? I have one that i have been using for a while, and I am curious since I will probably get some more as back ups. It feels a bit like DX i guess, soft but still "springy".
adidadg

Postby Blake_T » Mon May 15, 2006 2:44 pm

if by proto you mean the true protos, which were blue and had the arch stamp, that was made from misc regrind and cannot be duplicated.

if you mean proto by the black ones that had a prototype stamp, not sure but they aren't the true protos.
Blake_T

Postby adidadg » Mon May 15, 2006 3:08 pm

it is blue and is labelled 175 Proto Wizard on the bottom. It has a custom stamp of our local club on top so it doesnt have the Arch you speak of.
adidadg

Postby Blake_T » Tue May 16, 2006 12:34 am

that is a true proto and those are long gone.

i think i have 2 left but they are both under 170g.
Blake_T

Postby adidadg » Tue May 16, 2006 8:34 am

Do you know which plastic would be closest? I would guess Soft or Supersoft but I'm not familiar as this is the only wizard ive thrown.
adidadg

Postby Blake_T » Tue May 16, 2006 8:21 pm

the grippier softs are somewhat similar, but the last few batches of softs haven't been that plastic.

supersofts are also somewhat similar but not as stable.

keep in mind the wizard is basically on its 4th version since then. 2 retools + changing the engravings have screwed up the flightplate width a lot since then.
Blake_T

Previous

Return to Equipment