150 class DX Valk

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

150 class DX Valk

Postby Eric O » Fri May 12, 2006 3:37 pm

Something strange happened the other day involving an angry golfer and the ruination of my DX Teebird that I love to throw. The end result is he offered to replace my disc with a new 147 DX Valk he had in the car.

I wont get a chance to replace the Tbird till next week probably, and that was my last one, so I'm curious what relative differences I should expect if I want to throw this Valk. I haven't really thrown this mold so I am looking for a frame of reference using a Tbird as the baseline. Maybe it is time to break out the long neglected XL sitting in my closet, or maybe I should just be looking at the disc flight chart instead of cluttering up the forum...
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

valk

Postby twmccoy » Fri May 12, 2006 6:42 pm

The valk and teebird have significant flight differences. At 147 g, the valk will be very flippy, almost to the point of being useless. Teebirds have less highspeed turn and a straighter overall flight.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Blake_T » Fri May 12, 2006 10:21 pm

150 valks are crushable, but require like 50' of height to get that flight.

in oregon it will probably be roller stability unless you have a lot of finesse.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Weebl » Fri May 12, 2006 11:24 pm

Dont try to crank it, just snap the shits out of it, dont worry about velocity so much as spin. It will flip a bit and depending on it's beatness may need some hefty hyzer. A few locals around here (aged around 50) shoot only with 150 discs (Teebird, Valk, Classic Roc, Buzzz, Reef) and they can drive just as far as the 20 year olds who crush the shit out of 173g+ discs... and more predictable, it's all about finesse.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Eric O » Sat May 13, 2006 8:27 am

Turns out it is a very fun disc to throw but hyper sensitive to release angles. Goes far though.

Still had to go ahead and get replacement Tbirds anyway. :D
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

valk

Postby twmccoy » Sat May 13, 2006 3:49 pm

I've actually had some killer rips with 150 valks and dragons, but you have to judge the release angle just so or you get lots of flip, or too little. Get one of these flying flat and it looks like it will never come down. I still think a 150g champ valk is the best hyzer flip disc ever. I can put it out 400' without much effort. Useless in wind though.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Return to Equipment