Surge- first impressions

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Surge- first impressions

Postby twmccoy » Fri May 12, 2006 6:47 pm

Threw the surge ESP for the first time today (174g) This disc reminds me a lot of an avenger or a champ orc. It starts out straight and then fades hard at the end. Not sure if the weight is correct on the disc, but this one just felt heavier than marked. Distancewise it was OK, but not remarkable. My champion orc was keeping up easily and the pro wraith was far longer.

The plastic is very good though. I think I like it better than star plastic.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Rooster » Fri May 12, 2006 6:59 pm

i bought one just to check it out and i really don't like it. its got a nice S curve to it but it fades to hard and isn't anwhere near my pro wraith or pro orc. it does feel really heavy and almost clunky. meh, not for me.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Blake_T » Fri May 12, 2006 10:18 pm

the red first runs were really flippy compared to the other colors and later runs (the reds were the first batch)

the big arms locally use surges (all colors/runs) as rollers.

they glide if you get ahold of them, but they need to be put nearly into a distance turn.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

surge

Postby twmccoy » Sat May 13, 2006 3:39 pm

This one I found was a red first run. It was definitely not flippy (probably due to its weight). The glide was good, but not wraith-like. Overall it is a decent disc, but doesn't stand out in any way from the host of other wide rimmed fast drivers out there now.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Return to Equipment