Glow Wizards

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Glow Wizards

Postby Eric O » Sat May 13, 2006 9:54 am

Picked a couple up last night. Wondering if I should expect anything different versus regular S plastic on the durability front.

An interesting thing about these discs: Got discs in different weights, both glow plastic, and they have a distinctly different surface feel. One is kind of chalky/tacky and another is super smooth.

Also one of them is ghost white and with no stamp. It looks awesome.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Sat May 13, 2006 11:19 am

out of the newer plastics the ultra firm chalky ones are very durable.

they are also more high speed stable than any i have thrown and a little bit more low speed overstable.

they do have less glide from most of the other wizards i've thrown.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby daevidcardiac » Sat May 13, 2006 2:52 pm

but they glow like a dream i might add
yuk
daevidcardiac
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun May 14, 2006 4:15 pm

I have only had one glow wizard, its whitish with a tourney stamp. Softer than mose supersoft wizards. I dont use it anymore, perfer the soft wizards for putts.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby sleepy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:54 am

I recently ordered my second batch of practice wizards from Gateway, and they threw in a 165g Glow...and the stamp is the Steal Your Face logo surrounded by Dancing Bears! :P :D (Two of the designs used by the Grateful Dead)

Mine is the super-smooth version...definitely feels different than my other S plastic wizards in any firmness...almost rubbery instead of plasticy. It'll take some getting used to, and I'm not sure yet if it'll get much play time other than practice rounds.

It definitely glows like a dream though, that's for sure. I also just picked up a glow Roc from a buddy...all I need now is a glow Teebird, and it's time for night-golf! :)

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Eric O » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:46 pm

sleepy wrote:Mine is the super-smooth version...definitely feels different than my other S plastic wizards in any firmness...almost rubbery instead of plasticy. It'll take some getting used to, and I'm not sure yet if it'll get much play time other than practice rounds.
Of the two I have, one of them fits this description. It is fairly firm though. I was surprised to find that between the two, this is the one I usually prefer and do most of my putting and approaches with. It is also in more of a pale white rather than the usual yellowish color and it glows about 5x better. I will bust out the other one only for running long putts where the 4g lighter weight gives the extra glide.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:00 pm

the glow wizard I had was the pale white but very soft, really almsot too soft.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Eric O » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:27 pm

I may have gotten lucky. Mine sounds like the same plastic based on color and surface feel, but it is pretty stiff and holds a line very well.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:20 pm

mine lives in a pond now, It was a disc that would flip up like a soft wizard sometimes, but not as consistant. I just throw Med and Soft S wizards now
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby sleepy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:53 pm

Eric O wrote:Of the two I have, one of them fits this description. It is fairly firm though. It is also in more of a pale white rather than the usual yellowish color and it glows about 5x better.

That's the one! :)

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby daevidcardiac » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:17 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:mine lives in a pond now

i have a similar arrangement for my glow aviar
yuk
daevidcardiac
Noob

Return to Equipment