What disc do you have the most confidence in?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:14 pm

Aaron_D wrote:my champ teebird is bullet straight and is not very condusive to the S.

He probably throws anny distacne, a champ teebird will fly an S well thrown with anny, w/ hyzer or almost flat it wont turn unless the wind is howling.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby OldTyme » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:23 am

For a distance disc my Star Teebird is pretty consistent. I've only seen it flip on a windy day (which I should've been throwing something heavier anyways).
Nice straight line with predictable fade.

For midrange shots I've been loving my DX Wolf of all things. I know it's a not a popular disc but man is this disc dead straight with great glide & very little fade.
If you try too power it, it may turnover, but anything within 150' you just give it a light toss & away it goes. (I may tend to release a bit hyzered which I guess elimates the understableness of the disc?)

My S-Wizard ranks a close 2nd for mid-shots, but I like the rim on the Wolf better.

Putter: Pro-Rhyno. Love soft putters. It beat my Wizard out of the putter pocket.
OldTyme
Tree Magnet

Postby DiscCrusher » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:05 am

Best disc hands down is the Aviar PnA. I throw so many different types of shots with it from normal putts, to sidearm puts and upshots out to 150' to backhand hyzer anyhyzer or straight drives up to 300'. I use this disc for at least 65% of my shots even on open relativley long courses.
DiscCrusher
Noob

Postby sleepy » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:41 pm

DX Roc

This is rather surprising to me since I started out with a Shark, threw a Roc once, and decided (in my infinite wisdom :roll:) that I didn't like midranges with a bead.

I recently decided to give the Roc another shot. After using it for a long enough time to actually get a feel for it, it's my go to disc for any shot that requires a straight controlled flight under about 250'. I've now got two of them in my bag...one nicely broken in for straight flights with slightly left finishes; and one that's really beat up for right finishes and/or turnovers. I still need to get a brand new one, but my new D Wasp is still auditioning...though it's not looking good. :wink:

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Jestyr » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:53 am

Good ole Roc, nothing beats Roc.

Poor Bart, always picks Roc.
Jestyr
Noob

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:03 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:
Aaron_D wrote:my champ teebird is bullet straight and is not very condusive to the S.

He probably throws anny distacne, a champ teebird will fly an S well thrown with anny, w/ hyzer or almost flat it wont turn unless the wind is howling.

Thatdirtykid you are right. I throw em with anyzer and they always come back so nice.
Rob
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Bradley Walker » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:42 am

Hmmm...interesting responses.

Rocs, Wizards and Aviars...

Maybe someone from the disc companies should read this.

I did not see any one say, "when in doubt I reach for my Star Wraith/Orc/overstable/$20 plastic/2" wide wing new megadriver".

Basically, the best discs are old. The best discs also have a bead type design. I agree completely.

When in doubt

Pro Cyclone
Roc
Aviar P & A

On windy days, replace Cylcone with Predator X.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby discmonkey42 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:10 am

Bradley Walker wrote:I did not see any one say, "when in doubt I reach for my Star Wraith/Orc/overstable/$20 plastic/2" wide wing new megadriver".

Basically, the best discs are old. The best discs also have a bead type design. I agree completely.

Discs I am most confident will not do what I want and get me in trouble: my Star wraith/orc/overstable/$20 plastic/2" wide wing new megadriver"

Discs I am confident have helped me bring my personal best to -4 to pro par on my home course: dx teebird, dx roc, s wizard

Go figure. :P
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Confidence

Postby trogdor » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:15 pm

Driver - Tee-Bird
Long approaches - Whippet (If there's a hyzer route)
Putting - Arrow
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby ChainSaw » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:49 am

If in doubt... TL.

My TL can be ripped flat & straight.. and lands flat & straight. If straight isnt feasable.. a little pitch in either direction can get her to do most anything.
ChainSaw
Noob

Postby Fritz » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:52 pm

Driver: 169g-170g DX Gazelle
Midrange: DX Roc 180g
Putter: 175g Soft Wizard
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Weebl » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:55 am

Maybe I really need to experiment with gazelle's... I am getting more and more comfortable with my leopard for tunnel shots, as it's less power required to go the same straight line distance as a Roc with less effort which, for me, is more accurate (very tight tunnel shots...)
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby victorb » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:50 am

For me, it is my 177 beat in D Wasp. I can get it to do nearly anything, and it is still stable enough to have a nice predicatable finish.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:48 pm

victorb wrote:For me, it is my 177 beat in D Wasp. I can get it to do nearly anything, and it is still stable enough to have a nice predicatable finish.

very true, still if I am picking one disc Its the beat med wizard, but three it would be beat med wizard, broken in d wasp, broken in dx teebird. The wizard just gets better and better broken in in S plastic.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby smpen45 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:07 pm

Suprisingly enough, th monster. It may have huge fade, but its the same almost every time, regardless of the conditions. i use it whenever i need to get around something, and it always goes where i want.
smpen45
Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment