What disc do you have the most confidence in?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Weebl » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:29 pm

The monster is one of two "Overstable, headwind" labeled driver I have thrown that will still flip over from 30 degrees of hyzer in a 25mph headwind. Sometimes not ever fading for me. I know people who throw Orcs and Beasts into headwinds with great sucess (and decent distance) though, so I can see it's advantages.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby asimo » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:21 am

MONSTER!!!
asimo
Noob

Postby Eric O » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:21 pm

Having just recently started throwing Monsters, I have to agree with those who list it as their most reliable disc. Always flies as expected.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Frontman311 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:07 am

Z Buzz
Stay positive and love your life.
Frontman311
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:10 pm

Eric O wrote:Having just recently started throwing Monsters, I have to agree with those who list it as their most reliable disc. Always flies as expected.

as long as it's the same monster mold as the ones you are used to.

right now i can verify 2 diff molds, and there is possibly a 3rd (either that or it's a VERY different shrinkage of the plastic during cooling).
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby didihitatree » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:07 pm

The XL as a driver. I never turn them over, and they never fade too bad on a weak, nose up shot. If I need a spot that's doesn't require huge bend either direction, and where not messing up is way more important than a great shot, that's the one I throw.

The Buzzz is also really consistent for me, but I don't use it the way you're supposed to. I find it a bit overstable some reason, but if I have a dogleg left hole where I need 150-200 feet and a fade this disc always does it, with a lot of margin for error.
didihitatree
Noob

Postby jase » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:11 pm

My most reliable disc was my roc until it got warped and I never bought another one. Now it would probably be my Monster. It's so predictable for me it's amazing.
jase
Noob

Postby jgarcia9102 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:20 pm

didihitatree wrote:The Buzzz is also really consistent for me, but I don't use it the way you're supposed to. I find it a bit overstable some reason, but if I have a dogleg left hole where I need 150-200 feet and a fade this disc always does it, with a lot of margin for error.

If it works, then thats how you should use it. I also Use a z buzz for some doglegs. I usually throw a hyzer flip high, and let it stall left. If you want to try it on a straight line, throw it 8-10' off the ground. thats where it really shines for me...
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

Postby BHW » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:59 pm

My most reliable disc changes monthly, as my throw is still developing. Right now...well, until alst week when I lost them both, it was an XL and an Eagle. My other 2 Eagles don't fly the same way, and my new XL is way off. I'm in "reliable disc limbo" right now.
BHW
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:07 pm

BHW are the replacements in the same plastic, similar weight?
Chances are your old ones were broken in, broken in discs often fly much better than new. (my fav discs beat wizard, broken in wasp, beat teebird)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby BHW » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:21 pm

Nope, that's part of the problem. I had two almost identical DX Eagles, one well worn and one almost mint. I loved the well worn version...and that's what I lost. I started throwing the newer one hoping to break it in, but my throw went all to heck a couple weeks ago. Not knowing the cause of my throwing problem, I tried a bunch of different discs. I've started using the "newer" Eagle to break it in some. As for the XL, I couldn't find another light (mid 160s) XL in the basic plastic. The lightest I could find was the mid-grade stuff (sorry, I don't know the names of Discraft plastics). But it turns out that disc weighs 174. So I'm still looking for a replacement XL, I loved that disc for straight shots.
BHW
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:16 pm

discrafts plastics
Elite Z= premium (champ)
Elite X= midgrade (pro)
Pro D= basic (dx)

if you have the finances once you decide on a driver (sounds like you have on the xl and eagle) but multiples and try to break them in togeather by rotating them even. then you have a spare (either at home or in the bag)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Weebl » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:46 pm

I just picked up a E Spirit in the nike plastic for shits and giggles. I know what this disc is doing every time i throw it. It's going to knife in the freaking ground, it reminds me of Rams...
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:36 am

the nike ones more overstable than the E? I heard they were longer, I suppose I assumed that ment less stable.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Weebl » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:09 am

This is the only Spirit I've thrown and it's posessed. I didn't even know what nike plastic looked like, but sure enough in our club's new order 2 came in with "174 ESP Nike". It's translucent though, and if i give this thing more than 5' of height it will knife back no matter how hard of a sky roller angle I give it.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment