From what I've read about the Monster, I don't know if my arm is strong enough to throw it well enough. I have thrown my friend's Predator nicely, though. So maybe that's an option?
Here's my inventory:
- Valkyrie (rubbery type plastic, orange) My main driver.
- Cyclone D 175g (Not a hard plastic, but not an expensive one either. kinda like the Valk) Not really using this one much. I've tried it in the wind, because I knew it was supposed to be more stable than the Valk. Maybe I just need to stick with it, but I just don't feel that it's going as far as something else would.
- Ace DX - My driver for shorter, straighter shots than the Valk. I threw it for 250' accurately the other day. Though my technique is not so good that I be as accurate all the time. I guess it's getting worn in because it's starting to turn right (during high speed flight) on me (I don't know the right disc golf term for that, though).
- Cobra Champ 175g-ish - I don't use this one much. I had success with it in my first month of play as a straight driver, but then I switched to the Valk. I wasn't able to make it right turn in flight at the time.
- Stingray Champ 180g
- Roc KC Pro - Don't use this one at all. I don't know when to use it. I've never really thrown it that well. It's almost new.
- And then I've got a few putters
My Skill Level and Throwing
- I throw RHBH. Due to a right elbow injury, I can't throw forehand. I may have to learn to throw lefty so I can add some flexibility to my game.
- With little to no wind, I can throw the Valkyrie 280' fairly reliably.
- I just started playing three or four months ago, and have played at least once a week since then.
- I'm a strong guy, and my form is improving, but I don't really know how "strong" my throwing arm is in disc golf lingo.
- I don't know if I'll ever have tons of snap because of my elbow injury.
I am a sponge, in expectation of your collective wisdom....
What might be a good headwind disc for me?